hey guys, thought it was about time i jumped on the forums and started showing the progress ive made on my wagon..
I bought my wagon back in 2008 after selling my 1600 sedan and MAJORLY regretting it. After a bit of searching i stumbled upon a 71, two owner 1600 wagon, In adelaide(although belonged to a bloke in vic). Most supprising about this wagon was that apart from a little surface rust on the front apron, it had absolutly no rust and no signs of previous repair work.
My aim, since it was such a good condition project, was to restore it back to origional (apart from a colour change).
Over the next few weeks i completly dissassembled it, and started on the paint stripper. The whole body was taken back to bare metal, including the engine bay ( What a job, Never again)
After that it sat in my shed for the next year and a half.
Cant really remember what started the ball rolling but it ended up back in my work shop to have the engine back repainted. This motivated me to completly rebuild the front end so we could keep it rolling off to the paint shop.
After nearly 10 months we've got the car back from the paint shop looking absolutly amazing. Hats off to the blokes down at quality crash..
More photos to come guys as i build the engine and re-fit everything