• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
petern

Osr20t - 1971 Datsun 1600 With Sr20det

hey pete i love your car mate,keep up the good work man

bring it on pete!!!!!!!!!

if your coming out to watch ... bring your 1600 and watch from the lane next to him

Feb 27, me thinks is the SDC FJ v SR drag night... should be a great night

looks great pete, let us know when you go to WSID and i

ll come out and watch

if your coming out to watch ... bring your 1600 and watch from the lane next to him

I'm on hols then so I'm up for it, Q45 is only thing I have available though.

looks great pete, let us know when you go to WSID and i

ll come out and watch

not this time around pete, but keen to get away from the shop for a couple of hours to watch.

First up the car made 262kw @ 22psi

I didn't add it before as it is a bit low for the high boost, so low i didn't get a print out!

Full boost (22psi) by 4400rpm, but power is dropping off too early - will have to play with the cam gears.

Ran on 20th February.

This was the first time out in about a year and a half.

New rearend and turbo

First 3 runs were against TUF 510

I remembered to do 2nd gear burnouts this time and didn't stall:P

1st run

air temps - 28

track temps - 40

12.92 @ 101.77mph

1.9 60ft

Launched about 4200, the rear just squatted and took off - no wheelspin at all.

The car was breaking up in the top end and backed of a few times, as you can see by the low mph - boost cut???

By comparison Pete ran 14.2 @ 108mph!

My mate made the point that my gear shifts were a bit soft.

2nd run

12.24 @ 116.14mph

1.8 60ft

Played around with the eboost to set the over boost cut higher and lower the boost a tad

Launched about 4400, no wheelspin but a little axle tramp

Was good to get back into the 116mph but still broke up twice in the topend.

3rd run

12.04 @ 118mph :D :D yeah baby

1.8 60ft

I fell asleep at the line with a 1.1 reaction time compared to Pete's .193 :blush: , launched about 4500

Pete had me by 2 car lengths, he thought he may win the race.....got him on the line by half a car :p

Very good run, it only popped once but i kepted on it

The is where Pete ran his first ever 12.996

4th run

12.38 @ 108 mph

1.9 60ft

I was so pumped after the last run and for sure it would be an 11sec run.

Changed a few setting on the eboost - looks like it was a bad idea.

Tried flat shifting between 3rd and 4th gear only to have it clutch spin as the rpm stayed on 7000. It was breaking up again - I just lost 10mph

We were stumped, the over boost was set to 28psi and definetly was not hitting that as the eboost would have reset itself to SP1

Only thing was ignition.... damnit!!! A week before the metal plug on the end of one of the lead came off - I fixed it and thought everything was ok

5th run

air temps - 23

track temps - 37

11.975 @ 119.76 mph :D :D :D oh yeah.....

1.8 60ft

It was over an hour between runs, so the engine had time to cool down, also pushed down the lead itself into the plug

Put all the setting on the eboost back to when it was dyno'd

Launched about 4500

Was a perfect run for me - no wheel spin, good shifts and NO breaking up at top end!

I raced the Hi-Comp Civic, that thing is a NA and did 12.2@110mph

Coming back around the return road go the thumbs up from Jeff(SX-510) and Mick(FIVE10) but couldn't hear what they were yelling, but had a good feeling when the ANDRA guy got off his golf cart and to stop me at the tunnel

me " please tell me I have to buy a Super Street license"

him "yeah mate, you do, see me when your ready"

me "fark yeah, happy to"

A big thanks my buddies that came out to watch, support and tell me what to improve on B) B)

Tom, Dave, The bear, Carlo

Also Jeff and Mick

post-71-1215070430_thumb.jpg

post-71-1215070497_thumb.jpg

post-71-1215070560_thumb.jpg

post-71-1215070589_thumb.jpg

post-71-1215070605_thumb.jpg

well done pete, that 11sec pass was awesome!!

Congrats again pete and GO THE SR!!!

Well done pete a nice result .... Oi you sumo sally get back in the kitchen you ....

Nice work Pete

Im pretty sure I know what will be causing your breaking up issue...PM me and I can talk you through how to check it

Cool There are some protection parameters in the Autronic which can cause the same symptom,particularly after a big burnout,I had a problem at the top of the track that sounded similar.

GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!GO THE SR!!!

Cool There are some protection parameters in the Autronic which can cause the same symptom,particularly after a big burnout,I had a problem at the top of the track that sounded similar.

sorry for the hyjack could you pm me with some details on this i had an issue after a burnout at the drags and am wondering if its what your talking about is what the problem was???

Well said Jeff <!-- s:D --><!-- s:D -->

I'm really really happy about finally getting into the 11s, that monkey is off my back now.

Phil: we were pretty sure it was the lead, but will get Yavuz to check the parameters next time it gets a full tune - i don't have a compatible laptop

Derek: spot on mate, don't get GODATO started on that - his frustrated doing flat 12s

Ben: you need to speak up a little mate, couldn't quite hear :p

Just been comparing my time slip to Phil Cossie's

We have similar power judging by the mph...looks like I just have to launch harder

mine

DSC00009a.jpg

Phil's

2007121504041_DSCF0568.JPG

now I'm attempted to go out next week