• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
SX-510

Sx-510 - The Wagon

Spent the best part of 3 days tidying up the garage and managed to get the dusty wagon out into the back yard for a wash. It's been in the garage out of rego since Feb 02....

Looks like I'll be putting full rego on it now so I can drive it whenever I want :)

First motor will be the $20 carby fed SII Bluebird L20B with a 5 speed.

Hopefully within a few months the carby will come off and the PLMS Nistune SR20 EFI will go on (once the various bits are completed - ie modified dizzy, GTI-R manifold/throttles, LS1 V8 coils etc)

Once happy with the EFI, I'll build up the 2.4 stroker and put that in with the EFI.

Should be fun!

Might also build a Baz-special turboed L20B with SR20DET pistons for a little later down the track - why not? after all, the wagon is engineered for a 2L turbo 8)

dscf9983largehn9.th.jpg

dscf9984largeab3.th.jpg

Here's some more pics taken after the sponge bath - but before the cut/polish:

th_DSCF0044Large.jpg

th_DSCF0036Large.jpg

th_DSCF0037Large.jpg

th_DSCF0038Large.jpg

th_DSCF0041Large.jpg

th_DSCF0042Large.jpg

th_DSCF0045Large.jpg

th_DSCF0046Large.jpg

th_DSCF0050Large.jpg

th_DSCF0051Large.jpg

th_DSCF0054Large.jpg

PS - I've just started using www.photobucket.com to host my images - it is SOOOO much better than Imageshack!

Allows easy bulk image upload plus generates clickable IMG tags for forum in one step - love it!

I'm thinking the same Josh!

Spent a bit of time recalling high school theory today, then hopped on Dad's mill to mark out and drill the new pressure plate dowel and bolt PCDs on the 260Z flywheel - and it worked!

Now it's off to the machinist for a quick skim, new dowels and balance then the CA20 clutch can go on and the L20B and 260Z 5 speed can go in :-)

th_drill_flywheel2.jpg

th_drill_flywheel1.jpg

Any updates on the wagon Jeff?..im keen to see the hybrid L series/gtir intake combo running .

Love the look of it too

Nah no updates at all really, been too busy building a bigger garage...

The delay will be worth it though - I'll soon have HEAPS of space to build Datsuns in :-)

All I've done lately is pull the 260Z box apart. I got it from a mate in unknown condition and as it turns out, it has a few issues including synchros and a broken reverse gear. Going by the damage, I think it might have had a busy life on the tarmac motorkhana circuit. I have a good 720 ute 5 speed here, so am hoping I can swap good parts out of that to fix the better ratio'd Z box.

Should be back onto the wagon project in the next couple of months :) :) :)

Nah no updates at all really, been too busy building a bigger garage...

The delay will be worth it though - I'll soon have HEAPS of space to build Datsuns in :-)

All I've done lately is pull the 260Z box apart. I got it from a mate in unknown condition and as it turns out, it has a few issues including synchros and a broken reverse gear. Going by the damage, I think it might have had a busy life on the tarmac motorkhana circuit. I have a good 720 ute 5 speed here, so am hoping I can swap good parts out of that to fix the better ratio'd Z box.

Should be back onto the wagon project in the next couple of months :) :) :)

Next couple of months ???? :o :o :o

Come on jeff, put a stocker in it ( which you have at home), rego on historics ( only $80 odd) and drive it on the 'club days' till you get round to the BIG CONVERSION !!! A few months, turn into years sometimes :unknw: Id kindly donate a few hours into get it running for you mate !!

Getthewagonout!!!!!

My slabs went down yesterday, so it will soon be Datsun time again!

Pics or it didnt happen :p

Here's the slab

corona%20carton.jpg

Hey jeff, just read through all of the wagon project thread. I dont wanna sound like an echo, but its good to see your doing something out of the ordinary.

Hope all that left over sr20 stuff will help you out, ill have to come visit you in the datto and have a look soon, once mine is engineered!

Good luck with it all mate

Tim

Thanks Tim :)

Still digging for that bonnet cable clip for you. I rearranged my 'filing system' yesterday, so hopefully now have a chance of finding it :rolleyes:

Hey Jeffro finally back on the net after a while

I got the perfect set of rims for your wagon

a set of 13 x 6 wantanbes (however you spell it)

all yours for $400

If they were 14's I'd take em, not really into 13" mags right now Gregg-ster (but knowing me I might be next week...)

I just picked up a nice set of 14x6 lightweight ROH alloys for bugger all on ebay. Will reco em and put on the wagon occassionally.

Might aswell put yours on ebay - you should make a few bucks. Hint - if you change your ebay username to tokyo4u you will probably double your sell price :D

Otherwise throw em up on the Ozdat classifieds - they love that stuff.

u know u want em OLD MAN!!!!

i gotta fund the young fellas 1600 someway

we got a good shock as the car was unloaded off the trailer a brown tree snake slithered out

its got some good rust but fixable he's only 7 so we got a few years to do it up

when i get my stupid braodband back on line I will post some pics(DODO SUX ASS)

Right..... The majority of the garage extension is now finished and rain is staying out (wish i could say the same for the f#$n possums....)

post-153-12590656040228_thumb.jpg

It's time to hook into reviving the wagon and posting up some updates - yippee!! :teehee:

First things first - relocate the intercooler and radiator from the coupe into it - in readiness for SR (re)Powaaah. Yep, the EFI'd L series concept has been shelved (for now). Coupe SR is going back into wagon and coupe is getting a warm Webered L for a while.

This then begs the question - Do I strip and respray the engine bay while I'm in there????

If so, stick with the original light yellow colour ('Shantung' I think???) - or take the opportunity to choose a new hue???

I really want to keep the sleeper theme on this one, so colour must be a period-correct Datsun one - but which??? Keen to hear from you lot ;)

Right..... The majority of the garage extension is now finished and rain is staying out (wish i could say the same for the f#$n possums....)

post-153-12590656040228_thumb.jpg

It's time to hook into reviving the wagon and posting up some updates - yippee!! :teehee:

First things first - relocate the intercooler and radiator from the coupe into it - in readiness for SR (re)Powaaah. Yep, the EFI'd L series concept has been shelved (for now). Coupe SR is going back into wagon and coupe is getting a warm Webered L for a while.

This then begs the question - Do I strip and respray the engine bay while I'm in there????

If so, stick with the original light yellow colour ('Shantung' I think???) - or take the opportunity to choose a new hue???

I really want to keep the sleeper theme on this one, so colour must be a period-correct Datsun one - but which??? Keen to hear from you lot ;)

Honey brown jeff.... Honey Brown !!!!!!!!

Keep it the original 'shantung' mate.. havent seen a wagon in your colour cruisin the streets lately....

Hope that possum doesnt get into any of your cars.?? .. damn pests... :down:

Keep it "SHAGTIME" colour or what ever you called it with hubcaps (or periodic wheels) white walls and venetians SIIIIIIIIIKKK!!!! :thumbsup:

Keep it "SHAGTIME" colour or what ever you called it with hubcaps (or periodic wheels) white walls and venetians SIIIIIIIIIKKK!!!! :thumbsup:

haha Shagtime.... I like it :thumbsup:

I thought you were gonna call it "RAMTONGUE".... :yucky:

post-153-12591344241305_thumb.jpg

Purists - prepare to shed a tear.... it's chopping time :devil: (but I'll be gentle :thumbsup: )

post-153-12591483204808_thumb.jpg

Purists - prepare to shed a tear.... it's chopping time :devil: (but I'll be gentle :thumbsup: )

post-153-12591483204808_thumb.jpg

Time to celebrate :sorcerer: chop away !!!

Anyone else got an opinion on colour? What about that dark green 1600s came out in?

Or stick with the Shagbum yellow for added sleeper effect?