• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
gun16

GUN 16 MK2 - FJ20ET (now with pics and dyno)

But for me this easiest way to describe myself currently would be: "FJ convert"

Nice. There's nothing like that big square rocker cover under the bonnet.

Those seats look hot and as with the rest of the car.

Glad the car went to a true enthusiast that is willing to improve it even further - let see some numbers and times

Those seats look hot and as with the rest of the car.

Glad the car went to a true enthusiast that is willing to improve it even further - let see some numbers and times

Thanks Peter

Got dynoed was hopin to give a 1/4 mile time tonigt, but the test 'n' tune was cancelled.

My thoughts were correct it had gone a bit out of tune.

Gun went in with 260rwhp and came out with 320rwhp.

The tuner was very impressed with the package and said that the car made the power quite easily without having to be leaned on hard. I think its a real credit to Ryan that the engine had everything to make some great power with lots of quality parts.

We had to call it a day @ 320 as the tyres were melting and shreding on the dyno, and the thought of blowing a tyre and damaging a guard didn't excite me. It was strapped down real hard and as you can see from the temps its a very honest figure.

The car feels very stong now and I'm very excited about getting out to the track.

Well enough of me here's the sheet.

tunegun16mk2largemediumhi0.jpg

nice strong curve there derek once she comes on, no where near as bad as some of the external gate setups getting around, cant wait to see how she goes for you at the track,

how bout the seats, what are they like to sit in, should be awesome to ride in!!!!

Jim Jam , Baz Cheers guys

Luke - Yeah im pretty happy with the curve its quite good on the street it doesnt feel laggy.

I'm chuffed with the Brides mate they have excellent knee and shoulder support and aver very comfy, they match the interior really well to i think

reckon they are top seats man, cant wait to see pics of them in, how did you go with the mod plates and so forth, ohhhh and make sure and put up heaps of pics of the show and shine on here somewhere as well, espcially for us who cant get our daily datto fix

cheers

luke

Great result there Derek - good to see you finally getting what you want from a car

Look forward to seeing it in person one day! (note to self - must plan next QLD business trip to coincide with dragstrip event...)

Great result there Derek - good to see you finally getting what you want from a car

Look forward to seeing it in person one day! (note to self - must plan next QLD business trip to coincide with dragstrip event...)

Cheers mate

Most Wednesday and Saturdays, Mini Jam and the full Jamboree are march and august respectivley.

The club is growing all the time so im sure we could organise an event especially for our special south of the border vistor. :

does the buisness trip feature datsun related tansport ie the coupe coming up to qld????? is will jeff be flying, im sure heaps of ppl would love to have a look at the coupe from qpdc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome result Derek. All i can say is make sure you enjoy it and don't sell it to soon...

Peter

Awesome result Derek. All i can say is make sure you enjoy it and don't sell it to soon...

Peter

I needed permission to sell the last one so there will be no way on earth this one will be sold. I want to pass it down to my first son (guess i need some kids first lol)

Nice car derek

I like the colour.

I don't suppose you have any pics of the dash. I heard you had a nice SSS cluster with aftermarket gauges. Keen to see what you have done

thanx

love this car had it down my way for way to long (thats probably what ryan thinks)

hope it only gets better

Nice car derek

I like the colour.

I don't suppose you have any pics of the dash. I heard you had a nice SSS cluster with aftermarket gauges. Keen to see what you have done

thanx

Cheers mate, ill take a pic for you this afternoon

love this car had it down my way for way to long (thats probably what ryan thinks)

hope it only gets better

Cheers Aaron,

The work you boys did was first rate, I can stare at the car for hours and have to pinch myself that its mine.

Heres a pic of two lovers

2ofthebestzd0.jpg

Hey derek ill try and get some pictures of it in the build i remember visiting this car about 10 years ago when my mate Clayton was originally building it he should have smome stripped pictures of it somewhere ..ill see what i can for you mate ...glad it gone to a good home... its a fucking awsome car...

Hey derek ill try and get some pictures of it in the build i remember visiting this car about 10 years ago when my mate Clayton was originally building it he should have smome stripped pictures of it somewhere ..ill see what i can for you mate ...glad it gone to a good home... its a f*%# awsome car...

Cheers Mark that would be awesome !

mate i have loved this car ever since i first seen it down here in sydney on one of the cruises. glad to see its gone to someone who is goin to treat it well.