• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
Brendan

Lunch

since the start of the year just about every friday me and a mate go down for a counter meal at one of the local pubs for the 300g rump for $9. anyway today wasnt any different except we deceided to take on a different pub to try out their new 1kg rump steak, well what can i say... it was two inch's thick and approx 7-8 inch's in diameter. might i add after finishing the entire steak i looked like i was 3 months pregnant... i didnt get a chance to eat the veges or chips cos it took like 45mins cooking time alone

any one else had a good/different or interesting lunch?

also thought this might interest chris shoesmith as i know how much he enjoys his food.

thought i might expand with a more critical anaylisis of my steak today.

as you would expect the oversized rump was missing some flavour that you would normally expect of an average size. it had a thick full texture which was unusaul. easy to eat(well at least at the start) and tender, but not much pink in the middle. the sauce was dianne but lacked taste and was too thin(runny). but value for money wise, worth while. im still full now and its been almost nine hours. another good thing is if you finish it you get a free jim beam

another good thing is if you finish it you get a free jim beam

Damn i wish they had that at my local when u do the 1KG rump!

I've had a few of them now, I'd like to know the total weight after its cooked.

Very good feed, especially before a big friday night out!!

Last time (and the only time) I was down in Wagga, I stayed at the Red Heiffer (or something like that ) out near the TAFE that I was going to.

Instead of ordering a meal, you just picked out your huge slice of dead animal from the counter and then cooked it yourself on a big BBQ inside the pub. Was pretty good and cheap too

got a place over here that serves 1kg steaks too. If you finish everything on ya plate they take a photo of ya and stick it on the wall of fame. Gotta go there one day! $50 or so for a meal tho if ya want the whole kg.

Last time (and the only time) I was down in Wagga, I stayed at the Red Heiffer (or something like that ) out near the TAFE that I was going to.

Instead of ordering a meal, you just picked out your huge slice of dead animal from the counter and then cooked it yourself on a big BBQ inside the pub. Was pretty good and cheap too

that would have been the red steer. right around the corner from me. not a bad place but i havnt been there in like 10years

the kg of steak at this pub was $20

Yeah, that would be it The Red Heiffer is a pub restuarant up here in Newcastle

It was probably 10 years ago that I was there as well, when I was doing 2 weeks of practical at the TAFE for an aquaculture course that I was doing by correspondence.

Oh, anyone got a spare 1/2 million they want to invest in a fish farm ? I'm fully qualified, just need the money to set it up