• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
copdat

EJ20T Powered 1600 (now with pics)

just a quick update,car was only running on 2 cylinders when fired up.wasnt impressed as it was rebuilt.found out it was 180 degrees out in timing but this was caused by the cams on one side being around the wrong way.(inlet and exhaust).so i had to pull the motor out and send it back to the guy that built it.he pulled it apart and luckily for him it hadnt damaged any valves or anything.so i picked it up today and i'll be putting it back in this week,and hopefully everything will be sweet this time.

I'm impressed that the compression tested OK with cams swapped!

Good luck with the re-start :thumbsup:

motor is back in tested compression again and it varies from 140-155.so im happy with that.now im just waiting for dump pipe and header pipes to come back from ceramic coaters then it will be running,then i'll get some pics up.

another update, everything back together and i got to drive it around the industrial area.it was only a slow drive as i was sitting on the floor but i was cheering that clutch set up worked.car has now gone to get tuned and final touches before it gets painted.i picked up some old school simmons that i'll get repainted and polished up and see how they look.i'll try and get some pics up soon.

Haning out to see this on the road. ETA for a cruze or an event?

Hey copdat, whats doing with the car? any more updates?

Hey copdat, whats doing with the car? any more updates?

not much has been done due building a house and also waiting for it to get painted.the car has been on the dyno but a few gremlims to be sorted out but otherwise everything works sweet.i'll try and put some pics up but i cant guarantee anything cause im hopeless at that shit so i can send the pics to someone and they can put them up if they want.

finally car will be sent off in a week to get painted,also im getting my simmons soda blasted and repainted.exciting times now that something is actually going ahead.

Hi all ive got a small update.my car was once again put on hold due to alot of shit going on but today i dropped it off at the painters.finally.i had alot of issues motor wise aswell which the major ones have been sorted,i had a misfire that was from cam gears not lining up but that got sorted now i have the problem of my plugs fouling up.ive been through 2 sets of platniums and 3 standard sets.any ideas?i did get a few runs on the dyno tho and i got 245hp @15psi.i was happy with it knowing that i can put boost up to 20psi once all problems are solved and motor is run in.

Running too rich on startup?

What sort of injectors are you using?

they are standard injectors.im pretty sure fuel pressure was gradually increased after start up

Are you having the dyno guy monitor the Air Fuel Ratio when on the dyno? They should be able to see how rich things are at all times.

Has any time been spent on Haltech mixture tuning?

Your HP sounds about right vs PSI in a power run, so mixtures at WOT must be reasonable, but what about the rest of the rev and temp range?

Sounds like a mixture problem... but make sure you dont have leaking injectors, vacuum leaks and use the correct standard plugs for your engine. In my opinion Iridium/platinum's are only good for standard type cars that will do 100,000km. Once you get the mixture/fouling issue sorted then try those types of plugs if u wish.

this thread link may help

http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43359&sid=d0385416b58e892e935ac990a6f55c70

Edited by TUF510

Are you having the dyno guy monitor the Air Fuel Ratio when on the dyno? They should be able to see how rich things are at all times.

Has any time been spent on Haltech mixture tuning?

Your HP sounds about right vs PSI in a power run, so mixtures at WOT must be reasonable, but what about the rest of the rev and temp range?

he was monitoring fuel ratio and was slowly increasing and trying not to foul the plugs.but not successful.as for haltech mixture tuning im not aware of anything as such been done,thanks for the tip, ill find out about that one.wot????.the rest of the rev range and temp range, well it revs smoothly to 8000rpm and with no overheating (90deg) before the plugs are stuffed.is that what you meant?

finally got a bit of an update,painter sent me a pic of my car and hes painted door door jambs,so im going over tomorrow to check it out and get some better pics and try and put them up for you to see.otherwise ive just been collecting bits and pieces and i got my simmons redone which im very happy with.more updates tomorrow arvo. :banana:

sorry ive been slack with the pics but been flat out.ill try and get my wife to put them on.

only a small amount of colour painting been done on car.drivers side door jambs and inside doors under the boot.all primer work done execpt for bonnet which is still bare metal.

if i have trouble uploading pics maybe someone may be able to do it for me on here.

cheers terry.

Hey chris

I got the centres bead blastered.20 dollars each

Centres where powdercoated cost nothing.i know someone.

Outer rims polished 40 dollars each

Assemble and seal 55 dollars each.

Ozwheel at minchinbury.they can make new inners and outer rims if needed.

You can txt me and ill send you a pic

Cheers terry

No.like all projects they always take longer than expected due to whateva reason.and I dont want a rushed job that im not happy with.

small update

got some more chrome work back, door strikers,fuel cap,bonnet hinges,bonnet latch,boot latch.just waiting on some other stuff to come back(grille &lite surrounds).sorry no pics as yet but i'll get some on here eventually.lol.should be getting seats and seat belts fitted some time next week.

so im hoping to get this car out to the datsun day this year.fingers crossed.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to seeing it at Datsun Day (no pressure :-) )

• Like 1

Copdat (parden the pun ) !! pics of terry's car all painted..

I remember this thing waaaayyyy back in the 90's.. nice paint job terry

pic2_zps608343cb.png

pic3_zpse30a0cea.jpg

pic1_zpsd48b2859.jpg

pic4_zps729f6f24.jpg