• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Datto

The Datsun 1600/510 Ute Debut To The Public And More Photos

Hi Guys,

Hope i've put this in the correct forum.

The ute has debuted to the public, we have attached a few photos of the ute and the wagon when we first bought it (which the ute was built from as to show the before and after shots).

Our custom ute has been a twelve month project, the ute has had major fabrication work done, from full length chassis rails and hundreds of hours of work to get to where it is and no nut or bolt unturned to fully build this custom job. All the custom work was done in-house and has passed the praise of automotive engineers for the over and above work done to support and strengthen the chassis and body.

More photos are now up on our website of the ute and more work that has been done on the 1600/510 Wagon (which has had airbags and IRS fitted) and has also had alot more done...

Cheers Miss Datsun

quick link to the Dr's Cars:- The Doctor's Cars

3413073113_715bbb1863.jpg

3413059529_80f06887b2.jpg

3414054054_572ec48120.jpg

2926375072_fca7c6e3eb.jpg

2925522769_8ef47c4dab_o.jpg

3415796329_d887727d8d_o.jpg

i think it looks awesome!! the model they should have made

wow quickest build i've seen in awhile, looks pretty good well done.

Hay Adam the ute has turned out great

It looks a shit load better then when i seen it 6 months ago ,you must have been working you ass off to get it done so quick

i think it looks awesome!! the model they should have made

Hi WAG510, that was exactly what we said when we first decided on making the ute and funny that it is quite a common phrase we are hearing, and WAG510 Green 1600 Wagon was a beautiful looking example of the wagon we were often admiring the pics when it was up for sale 12-18mths ago now?

joshh Posted Yesterday, 06:02 PM wow quickest build i've seen in awhile, looks pretty good well done.

Hi Josh, thanks heaps! it has been many late nights and weekends building projects inbetween working on customer cars as we not only built the ute but also rebuilt the 1600 Khanacross car and built the 200B SSS Coupe from the ground up and many other restorations etc. on the Black 1600 Wagon & Original 1600 Sedan and others, so has been an extremely busy 12mths for us! We had a guy in our industrial sector say to us a couple of days ago he's never seen anyone work as hard and late nights as we have ever and that we're always working and that it makes them look extremely slack!

toddat Posted Today, 12:28 PM Hay Adam the ute has turned out great, It looks a shit load better then when i seen it 6 months ago, you must have been working you ass off to get it done so quick

Hi Todd, yes definately a shit load better than 6mths ago! we've all been working our arses off for the past 12mths and more so in the last 6mths in our new better workshop, we are often lucky to be home before midnight most nights and the last few weeks before 2am! we've all put our heart and souls into this but Adam deserves alot of praise for working his absolute guts out and running himself constantly into the ground to get our projects done and luckily a missus like myself who doesn't complain and is just as bad as him, two peas in a pod with Datsun's, ideas, drive and determination, never ever giving up! are you heading to DatNats? would be great to meet you and the family as Adam enjoyed your visit and I know he'd like catching up with you again.

Awesome work, be good to catch up for a beer at Datnats

Hi turbovan,

Thanks heaps for your support on datnet and ozdat, its much appreciated...after the last few very hectic weeks we'll definately be glad to have a weekend away from the workshop, have plenty of fun, meet other Datsun enthusiasts and most definately Dr Datto (Adam) & The Nurses will need a drink! Cheers Kerrie :)

Hi WAG510, that was exactly what we said when we first decided on making the ute and funny that it is quite a common phrase we are hearing, and WAG510 Green 1600 Wagon was a beautiful looking example of the wagon we were often admiring the pics when it was up for sale 12-18mths ago now?

Thanks mate i cant take the credit for the simmons but all the rest was me. i wish i didnt sell it!!

cheers nick

This looks tops! Paintwork looks so neat.

That's two Datsun 1600 utes Australia can claim now (well as far as I know). We have a green one lurking around W.A for years with an fj20det. Wish they came out as a production car.

Love those simmons!

This looks tops! Paintwork looks so neat.

That's two Datsun 1600 utes Australia can claim now (well as far as I know). We have a green one lurking around W.A for years with an fj20det. Wish they came out as a production car.

Love those simmons!

Thanks yeahlow34 for the appreciation...and yes the model they should have made as WAG510 and ourselves say!

Well took me quite a while of searching on the net but finally found photos of the other 1600 ute, only two in Australia that anyone knows of which is ours and the green one lurking in WA so here's pics of the green one in WA, both quite different in the construction...ie: tailgate, rear bumper, rear window (ours being the original rear window from the 1600/510 wagon), fuel tank and windows chromes to name a few

3512569616_bfca513ef4.jpg

3511762367_a3203f2657.jpg

3511762315_08f0d2e480.jpg

This pic from DatNats09 thanks to Mark Peacock

3448886066_4020d4a8eb.jpg

This pic from DatNats09 thanks to godzilladat (on ozdat)

3446678594_bacbbb7769.jpg

Don't forget this one from Danny Willis - it's been around for quite a few years too!

http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/featureca...te/1600ute.html

dannyside.jpg

Thanks Jeff, interesting to see another one as people have only mentioned the WA green one, and also to see the differences in all three models as this one says it was based on a 1971 Sedan (not the 1600 wagon), thanks for the link, Cheers Kerrie