sr20datto

Help On My Datsun 1600

Hi Guys,

I need help... Here is my story...

In October 2005 I bought my Datsun 1600, I then bought a SR20DET half cut. From then on, I have stripped the car down, had it sandblasted and have had at least 5 panel beaters over the last 4 years interested in cutting the rust for me, but when I phone them for an update, they say "sorry, we have been to busy to do anything to your datsun"

At the beginning of this year the brother of my brother in law offered to finish the datsun for me, including cutting the rust and putting it together for me for an amount of money... I paid him some money to start it off, and he has completed the front end, but thats where it has stopped as he has found himself a new job and doesn't have the time to work on it... To tell you the truth, I think he has spent the money I gave him :(

Anyway, I still have some cash, I just want someone to cut the rust for me, and then I can put the datsun back together myself (and my bro in law) as I have all of the parts for it to be finished...

So if anyone wants to cut rust for me, or knows of anyone that will do it for some quick cash then let me know, I'm desperate... I don't want to give up on it after I've spent so much money on it...

BTW, I can bring the car wherever needed, it is currently stored in Redbank Plains...

Thanks,

Jodie - (and yes, I'm a girl, so I can't cut rust myself and don't particularly want to learn :P

• Like 4

Hi Guys,

I need help... Here is my story...

In October 2005 I bought my Datsun 1600, I then bought a SR20DET half cut. From then on, I have stripped the car down, had it sandblasted and have had at least 5 panel beaters over the last 4 years interested in cutting the rust for me, but when I phone them for an update, they say "sorry, we have been to busy to do anything to your datsun"

At the beginning of this year the brother of my brother in law offered to finish the datsun for me, including cutting the rust and putting it together for me for an amount of money... I paid him some money to start it off, and he has completed the front end, but thats where it has stopped as he has found himself a new job and doesn't have the time to work on it... To tell you the truth, I think he has spent the money I gave him :(

Anyway, I still have some cash, I just want someone to cut the rust for me, and then I can put the datsun back together myself (and my bro in law) as I have all of the parts for it to be finished...

So if anyone wants to cut rust for me, or knows of anyone that will do it for some quick cash then let me know, I'm desperate... I don't want to give up on it after I've spent so much money on it...

BTW, I can bring the car wherever needed, it is currently stored in Redbank Plains...

Thanks,

Jodie - (and yes, I'm a girl, so I can't cut rust myself and don't particularly want to learn :P

Hi Jodie,

Gee thats bad luck, should get your brother an law to tell his brother to give you back the cash you gave him or tell him to start fixing it,

I'm in Sydney, so can't help , sorry, surely some one up that way can help you with some rust cutting out,

Don't give up, get it on the road , you won't regret it,

cheers Shawn,

• Like 1

Hi Jodie,

Yeah that is bad luck. Im in syd too so im no help however if you put your car in the projects section perhaps some one from QLD will see how easy ( or hard ) the job is that you requier.

Im sure some one out there needs the cash.

Max

Hi Jodie,

Yeah that is bad luck. Im in syd too so im no help however if you put your car in the projects section perhaps some one from QLD will see how easy ( or hard ) the job is that you requier.

Im sure some one out there needs the cash.

Max

Thanks Max,

That sounds like a good idea... I don't have any recent pics on me at the moment, so I might go around and take some and post them soon.

Thanks again,

Jodie

Ok, so... I had a panel beater look at the car and he wasn't too happy with the rust situation... He said it is fixable but ALOT of work... He suggested just buying a Datsun in good condition and putting all the parts that I have in it, or if it has the stuff I have already in it, I'd just sell the parts I have...

Now it's just a matter of finding a datsun in good condition...

What do you guys think?

This is pretty cool... 1971 DATSUN 1600 SEDAN MANUAL P510 REGISTERED - FJ20DET - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jan-10 20:43:56 AEDST)

I LOVE this car... Datsun 1600 - Boostcruising.com

Ok, so... I had a panel beater look at the car and he wasn't too happy with the rust situation... He said it is fixable but ALOT of work... He suggested just buying a Datsun in good condition and putting all the parts that I have in it, or if it has the stuff I have already in it, I'd just sell the parts I have...

What do you guys think?

This is pretty cool... 1971 DATSUN 1600 SEDAN MANUAL P510 REGISTERED - FJ20DET - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jan-10 20:43:56 AEDST)

Talk to a few panel beaters,that one sound like he just not interested in it ..get a few opinions first.

What do you guys think?

Talk to a few panel beaters,that one sound like he just not interested in it ..get a few opinions first.

Thats the thing tho, I have had the car to at least 5 panel beaters already that end up telling me that they don't have the time to do it... So obviously it is too much work??

Where in Qld are you north or south side of brisbane with the car at the moment . May be able to help. :thumbsup:

Hey Jodie,

Dont let it get your down. I had the same issues when i bought my first car, IE the shell was f%^$d. Of course, i didnt know this when i bought it. I had problems with family friend panel beaters too but when i finally got my hands on another shell and got it painted and in my garage it made all the chasing around and frustration seem worth it. Im sure someone out there can help with your dilema and soon enough you will be putting the finishing touches on your car! Good luck

Mick

Where in Qld are you north or south side of brisbane with the car at the moment . May be able to help. :thumbsup:

Hi mrQld, I am on the south side of Brisbane towards Ipswich... The thing is now though, is that I now don't get along with my brother in law haha... So if I did have someone to do the shell for me, I'd have to have someone put the car back together for me as well :( I think I am just better of selling the gear I have, and buy something already complete... :(

Hi everyone, I am in the process of putting all my parts on ebay... Check it out! My member name is skr_81

Parts include, All brand new stuff from Datsport, parts from the 2 datsuns I had, pretty much EVERYTHING!

Edited by fly by
admin edit > added link to ebay