• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Max

Sdc Agm 2010

When do nominees go public for the positions with-in SDC?

Nomination forms should be available before the March meeting.

The committee is debating if additional positions are needed and for what roles.

Canditates will need to be nominated and provide acceptance to be included on the ballot.

What job are you gunning for Max?

Ruler of the world. Na thats to much work.

No really last year i may have voted for people i dont realy know any thing or much about. ( voted on the night and it was rushed ) As i have only been a member of SDC for a short time id like to find out more about people that are standing for the positions so i can place my vote with who i think is the correct nominee.

I was not trying to run for president. :thumbsup:

Ruler of the world. Na thats to much work.

No really last year i may have voted for people i dont realy know any thing or much about. ( voted on the night and it was rushed ) As i have only been a member of SDC for a short time id like to find out more about people that are standing for the positions so i can place my vote with who i think is the correct nominee.

I was not trying to run for president. :thumbsup:

thats why we thought it was a good idea to do the noninations the month before you have to vote, so people can have time to decide .

Cheers for raising the topic (thread) Hope you didn't take the guys repsonces above the wrong way, some of it did read a little blunt (that's the problem with e-mail and forums I guess)... but it doesn't hurt to ask and it is good that you did!

Lots of details and info will be available nice and early to members this year, cut off for nominations is on the night of the next meeting, 15th March 2010. Soon after they will be published here, on the SDC website and e-mailed to members which gives you plenty of time to do your research :thumbsup:

Anyone interested in getting involved just ask myself or one of the current committee members for a bit of info and what is involved.

Details are still being confirmed, once they all you wil all know about it, notifications will be quite obvious I should think.

Just a reminder to post up a bit about yourself if you are running for a comittee position.

I would have liked to post a short bio with a photo of candidated on the SDC website but we may just do it here instead.

Any objections? I will publish a full list of candidates shortly.

I'll start with my bio

SDC Committee Candidate Biography

Name: Graeme Harlor

Positions sought: Treasurer, Historic Vehicle Registrar.

Lives: Sutherland

Previous positions held: President, Treasurer, Historic Registration Secretary.

Other: As founder of the Sydney Datsun Club it is my vision to see the club reach a point where it will continue to grow and flourish should I, for what ever reason, no longer hold a committee position within the club.

In more recent years the club has become incorporated, Cams and CMC affiliated and has grown to a point that we are now the largest Nissan / Datsun club in NSW.

If elected I propose to further impement proceedures for the vehicle log database including rego renewals and new regos.

I will also finalise the development of the budget spreadsheet so that income and spending can be better managed.

My bio for the AGM

Name: Mark Peacock

Positions sought: President , Club Car Co-ordinator,

Lives: Dural

Previous positions held: President , Club car co-ordinator

Other: Im excited to see some members stepping up to help out in the club this year. Chuck (MAX )and Mick (mix510)is keen to help out with social side of the club and shawn (qik510) with the Pres or the Vice Pres role , Jon to the secretary role, Mathew Crichton in the Cams role,and Ben P (PSI510) to the Motorsport role, Dave to the pointscore & newsletter roles, and of course Graeme with the historics & treasurer... ( they're is a few more in the sub roles, which we'll find out at the AGM) Awesome line up.. :thumbsup: The Club is on the up and up this year !! 120 + members... The Largest Datsun Club in OZ !!!

Hope all can turn up and support this monday , 19th April . Im looking forward to the chance at assisting the elected committee members and the club into a new direction this year. The Club car will be up and running,next week, ready to use in various motorsport events !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

With only 11 months to the next Nissan Datsun Nationals.. where it will be ?? time wil decide !!

did my membership form turn up?

I'm thinking of coming along

but I'll be in a toyota not a datsun!

kiwi

One of the recent memberships looks like it could be yours.

Toyota or whatever, if you can make the meeting then fantastic.

See you there.

I cant make it, im in Melbourne for work again. :verymad: But never mind I havnt forgotten about Datsuns.. im picking up some parts while im down here and bringing them back haha.

Congratulations to Mark Peacock (fveten on here) for being voted (back) in to the SDC President position :thumbsup:

And a big thankyou to Jon Ovington (FLY BY on here) for his efforts as President over the past year :thumbsup:

The club is in great shape and the future looks bright! (and that's coming from a guy who was there at the very first SDC/DOC meeting back in 1995 - when Graeme and I first started the club). Many other car clubs have come and gone in that time, but the SDC has not only continued, but GROWN over that time. Bring on the future!!!

was a good night. Congrats to mark and shawn. Meat tray was good to fellas. Cooked up a treat.

big year ahead, it's gonna be good.

plenty more meat trays too, and did you know they were from the southside? :thumbsup:

The steaks cooked up a treat! Where in the south were they from Jon?

Thanks for donating your tray to me BLUBRD :thumbsup: