fveten

Sdc Club Car Mk2.

A few months back, in 2009, the SDC purchased QIK-510's 1600 road/ rally car , to be used by members of the SDC, with our driver training development program.

See notes Club Car MK 1

Here's some pics

The car runs a L18, sidedraft 45mm delortoe , extractors, locker diff and 260Z rims.

When it was purchased, the car

Plans for the car..

It was purchased with the knowledge that it needed a fair bit of mechanical work. Which is pretty much standard for datsun's these days, that sit around unused for ages.

On a brief, initial inspection, the car needs a good service and a lot of servicable parts replaced.

The brakes are seized ( jon had a hell of a time getting it on & off the trailor !!), motor is out of tune,needs a few gaskets, tappets checked, plugs , points etc, the carb is full of crap from the tank, diff is noisy , and the slave cylinder is F$%ked.

A plan for this weekend SUNDAY (March 21st 2010) for a 'working bee' , where a fair few members are coming along to my place @ dural, to get the SDCCCMK2 up and running !!!

Work planned for this weekend are as follows

Fuel system - tank clean, carbie strip and clean, clean lines , replace filter

Engine - repl plugs, adjust tappets, replace R/C gasket, adj belt.

Driveline - replace clutch (kit), rear main seal, gearbox ( 5spd to replace 4 spd) , tailshaft uni's. Fit 200b struts .

Brakes - New Master, booster, wheel cylinders , shoes, ( drums and discs are machined ready to go ! ), repl rear wheel bearings, and fit new super pro bush kit, to replace all suspension (rubber) bushes ( thanks to our Sponsor Super Pro !!)

Seats - fit the acquired sparco seats (from SDCCCMK1)

Also, Eat some food down a few cheeky bevvies and talk absolute rubbish all day !!! Anyone keen !!! PM Me .. :thumbsup:

Here's some pics

100_4793.jpg

100_4796.jpg

100_4797.jpg

100_4798.jpg

100_4794.jpg

:thumbsup: Ill be there sunday early. BBQ's on, keen to give a hand. Im sure a few ppl will be in.

trb012 is in see you at datto hq:thumbsup:

First trip to Dural Datsun Headquaters 2day and had a ball,just sorry i had to leave a lunch due to family bbqs. HUGE 2 thumbs :thumbsup::thumbsup: up to Mr P and Jane for their hospitality and open garage 2day and all the work Mark has done behind the scenes. Hopefully we can see this car at a event soon

First trip to Dural Datsun Headquaters 2day and had a ball,just sorry i had to leave a lunch due to family bbqs. HUGE 2 thumbs :thumbsup::thumbsup: up to Mr P and Jane for their hospitality and open garage 2day and all the work Mark has done behind the scenes. Hopefully we can see this car at a event soon

Thanks again for your help jas, and to everyone else that turned up. We got a heap of things done.Chuck, peter pap & josh Rebuilt the front end with new bushes, steering parts, springs, shocks & bearings. I Replaced the 4 spd with a 5 spd, new lightened flywheel ( thanks Jas :thumbsup: ) a new daikin extreme clutch (that matched the gloves i wear ), new uni's in the tailshaft, & was the chief toolhanderouterer. Graeme installed the new booster, brake & clutch masters , lines and number plates. Josh & Shawn cleaned the tank. Jas & brad tackled the rear brakes & bushes. Cliff, jon. shawn , jarrod R&R' the rear assembly. Brad fixed the issues with the Hydraulic handbrake. Jeff cleaned up the rocker cover ( nice job jeff :thumbsup: ) &adjusted the tappets , ben p rebuilt the carb and fuel lines & ben d cooked up a storm on the BBQ .. oh and forgot the neighbours , who put up with the noise again, for another weekend. :thumbsup: Only have the exhaust , fluids and a final check over, and its ready to go !!!

Awesome day with a good bunch of mates, working on a dato !! .

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

wow, i sure missed out on a working bee, damn it

Bet you wish you were in Jon's shoes in the second photo!!! Don’t get jealous now!!!

wow, i sure missed out on a working bee, damn it

Bet you wish you were in Jon's shoes in the second photo!!! Don't get jealous now!!!

check the pics in the gallery stoney, there is a nice plumbers crack shot there of clint that'll really get you going :bunny:

Hi guys,

Was an awsome day on Sunday working on the 1600, Plenty was done, great crew and the food was fabulous,

Cheers MARK for the open garage and letting us all dirty it. :thumbsup:

Hope to see a vid of it soon on the road.

This weekend, i hope to put the finishing touches on the CCMK2..

If anyone's keen to help out ( i don't need a lot of people), any help would be great :thumbsup:

Plans for this weekend ( sunday 18th april)

Install the exhaust

re-check all the bolts are tight, preload the new bushes,

bleed all the brakes and clutch

talk crap

install the front bars on the cage

install the sparco seats

do some donuts in the dirt !!! ( in the DD compound )

and some handbrakies , to bed in the rear shoes !!

Who's keen to help !!

see you sunday !!

Ill be there Mark,- what time is first turkey? :thumbsup:

yep this might work and this time I'll actually do some work on the car rather then just cooking the BBQ for lunch and giving people shit that were working.

I'll try to get down, will check with the boss tonight.

Will try and get there Mr P, what time is it kicking off?

9 AM. Ive got a few things to do in the arvo, so i want to get it knocked over by 4pm..

We'll have the usual BBQ beer bourbon n bullshit lunch again..

Sorry can't make this one

Love to help again but have to work

Mark when do you want the tyres for the car

Love to help again but have to work

Mark when do you want the tyres for the car

I'll pop round one night next week if thats ok ??

Well, another productive day on the CCMK2 !!

Ben, Rob, Peter and Butthead Got all the brakes bled. had a bitch of a time trying to bleed the hyd handbrake, but got it sorted in the end. Now need to adjust the rear shoes up and that's the brakes done !

DSC_0528.jpg

Ben D got stuck into pre-loading and tightening up all the Super Pro bushes & suspension .

DSC_0529.jpg

Ben P & Butthead installed the Sparco's into the cabin... Looks like we may need a removable steering boss, a pain to get in an out.. But Comfy as :thumbsup:

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

Had a few issues with the slave cylinder/ clutch.. Turns out i forgot to change the throw out bearing carrier . need to be the longer unit pictured below :wallbash: Damn gearbox in & out twice ...

DSC_0558.jpg

I wanted to have it all finished for the SDC AGM tomorrow, but its not to be..

There is only some minor things to do to be finished, ie- fit exhaust, tyres, wheel align & tune.. So i might have another crack at it on wed night...