fveten

Sdc Club Car Mk2.

Must be your dodgy feeler gauges :tongue:

Blame the tools mate ... :yes: done many an L series with those feelers J..

FIGJAM :kiss:

They must only work with pink gloves on :lol:

FIGJAM :kiss:

They must only work with pink gloves on :lol:

the midas touch !! :rolleyes:

Good one Igster. If you do, I'm cool to wire it up in the club car with a relay - that should give it a long and happy life :)

Pretty sure I have a thermo fan switch lying around (capillary type)

Found it :thumbsup:

Working bee on the club car !!!!

Dural Datsun HQ

Sunday 30th Jan .. 9am start.. lunch @ 12 (bbq provided) hot laps at 3pm.. :thumbsup:

I should be there. If not I'll make sure the switch is there prior.

:thumbsup: thanks iggy

Dural Datsun HQ

Sunday 30th Jan .. 9am start.. lunch @ 12 (bbq provided) hot laps at 3pm.. :thumbsup:

Ill be there on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Dural Datsun HQ

See ya's on sunday !

I'm working on my white two door, Old diff out, new locked diff in,

Once that is done I will head over,

see you then,

I hope to be there, will probably be late though.

I've been roped into helping a mate inspect a boat down at Como @ 9am tomorrow morning, not sure how long that will take. He wants me to help run a compression tester over BOTH of the Chrysler 318's in it :o

Will swing past Dural Datsun compound on the way home.

I hope to be there, will probably be late though.

I've been roped into helping a mate inspect a boat down at Como @ 9am tomorrow morning

Can't you sub that out to Graeme?? I'm sure he'd love to rev a pair of hemis!

I'm actually looking forward to it - I love boats, despite getting rid of my old one a while back.

Must run in the blood, both my father and his father were "men of the sea" (I was going to say "seamen" :whistling: ) - grandfather was a sailor, and dad has built boats his whole life (he's a shipwright by trade).

Apologies for not turning up yesterday - "checking out a boat" turned into cruising on the river at Como all morning.

There was plenty of debate on the best ways to do things....

workinghard.jpg

This guy lifted a hammer and allmost broke a sweat.....hammer.jpg

But for some it was all just tooooooo much. . . . . . hardatwork.jpg

All in all i think it was a productive day. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So how did the happy laps go? Where's the vid? Sorry I had to take off after lunch.

I know the tappets + thermo fan are perfect though. :thumbsup:

So how did the happy laps go? Where's the vid? Sorry I had to take off after lunch.

I know the tappets + thermo fan are perfect though. :thumbsup:

Thermo fan OK.... Tappets made a big difference.. doesn't hunt at idle a s much...

We removed the old 1/2 cage.. Installed the full cage (the sdc) bought for the CCMK1.. The new front section wouldn't mate up with the old 1/2 cage..

DSC_0729.jpg

Thanks to all that came out... we got alot done...

trial fit of the front bars..

DSC_0731.jpg

we needed some beef for the rear bars...

DSC_0742.jpg

our new sdc 'pin up ' boy ...rob...

DSC_0746.jpg

here's ritchie in ' Race position' , testing out the helmet clearance !!

DSC_0748.jpg

After some thorough testing...the full cage made a massive difference... turns round on the spot ( thanks to the hyd h/brake).. A well sorted car now !!! Ready to get the back out !!!

Excellente!!!!!!! Gee we make a good looking bunch too! Would have to be some of the best lookin car club members going around!! :whistling:

I'm looking forward to G'ing T F'ing B Out at Ansell Park on Sunday!

Hi all.

See you out there, Just got this of the HIlls District car club website,

Well Christmas is over and we are all hanging out for some motorsport!!

The annual CL Rudd motorkhana is being held at Ansell Park, Percival St Richmond on 6 Feb.

This is the first round of the Interclub Challenge for 2011, so we need plenty of HDCC support :)

As usual, doco from 08:00 and event starts at 10:00.

Adults $50 and juniors $20.

Club memberships are now due, so if you need to renew membership or CAMS licence, get there early!

It will be a great day, so "be there"

cheers

Gaz

Had a blast driving the club car along with Chuck (MAX) and Ben (PSI510) in the Ansell Park grass motorkhana on the weekend. The seat/position, body stiffness, suspension, hydraulic handrake and torque of the single Dellorto-carbed engine is awesome :devil: (honestly!). It really is the perfect package to learn to race in :thumbsup:

Well done to all who have contributed parts and time to our car thus far. Anyone who is sitting on the fence about joining SDC and having a go - GET ON WITH IT!

EVENT PICS>

Am so impressed in fact, that I'm now going to fast track building my own historic 1600 racer to do more of it ASAP!!! :thumbsup:

Congrats also to the organisers Hills District Car Club for an extremely well run event and friendly event staff. And for their patience with us amateurs and our triple-entered car :wacko:

My list of suggestions for the next club car working bee (in no particular order - EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST ONE!!!)

1. Modify front section of roll cage so there is some decent clearance betw steering wheel and cage - our poor sprained fingers..... :down: I imagine this would be less of an issue on a racing circuit where corners are more smoothly navigated, but when you are flinging the wheel madly around a motorkhana track, you need all the 'hand space' you can get!

A slightly smaller steering wheel would also help if anyone has one to donate? Smaller, but not so small that steering becomes too tight

post-153-0-89402600-1297074953_thumb.jpg

2. Pad the rollcage. I donated the padding from the coupe cage to get us thru the day. It worked, but is not perfect.

3. Install an accelerator pedal and mod lever/linkages if required so your foot is less upright on initial contact

4. Use softer return springs on throttle linkages. Its a bit too tight at present. The combination of tight springs and foot angle make throttle control a bit coarse

5. Better engine cooling system, to reduce heat build up (but we already new this). Thanks for offering your triple core rad to us DA75IN, unfortunately no one happened to notice yours suits an FJ20 engine with mirror image I/O pipes :tongue:

6. Carby is running way rich on the rear barrel and over fuelling cylinders 1 and 4 to the point of fouled plugs and misfire. Plugs/mixtures in cyl 2 and 3 look to be perfect. DHLA Dellorto experts - could float level affect this??

7. (luxury option) Install 2 x roof vents near front edge of roof (see CAMS specs)

8. Put the fire extinguisher back into its bracket

9. GTFBO (again)

Hi all,

Quick up date on the club car. Out of the list above of things to do nothing has been done. :thumbsup:

We washed it and put tyre shine on everything so i think its ready for the next event.

:yes::yes:

510sick.jpg