• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
US510

Bathurst Xmas Weekend Sat 4Th December 2010

It's that time of the year again where we are starting to plan the SDC Bathurst Christmas weekend again. This year it is on Saturday 4th December and luck has it that Bathurst light car club are running a two day hillclimb, conrod straight event this weekend and a number of us are planning on running our dato's in this event. Accommodation should be the same amount as last year pending confirmation from Bathurst Goldfields with a price. Just wondering who is keen on going again as it was a great event last year.

P.S. If anyone else has different ideas to make this event better than the last, please don't hesitate to let us know and if anyone would like to help out with organising it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Jas. :thumbsup:

Sounds good!!!! :banana:

let me know what way you want to cruise there jas and il get some maps sorted close to the date.

creeper is in the build :thumbsup:

any details or links for the hill climb entry ?

SDC has paid the deposit to secure the entire goldfields motel.

We will be taking bookings and collecting deposits / payments at the Meeting on Monday (19th July)

Bring on the Kiddies ride on toy / creeper board / any other inapropriate implement Luge Contest.

Yes I'm in again this year for sure,

The Bathurst light car club hold the event, from memory it is $120 per day, You get about 4 to 6 runs each day, The conrad straight and the reverse esses.

See you at the SDC meeting tonight.

Everybody will be right across the road from the BLCC club house at the top of Conrod straight. I am aiming to compete in the weekend, so I'll be in the silver Sunny coupe with hopefully the L20B in it. Should be good having a captive audience.

Ummm ill be there :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whitch way to Bathurst is the question. Another remote Datsun pub some where... :ninja:

Throwing around the ideas of having 2 class's for the creeper events...

1st class – fix wheels ( no direction changing ) front or rear but not both Rigid casters

2nd class – no fixed wheels at all (Swivel casters minimum of 3 )

This is not a go/billy-cart event...

Thoughts??

There is a pub call O'Connell pub at O'Connell it is 20 min past Tarnar (the last pub we went to) on the same road .

It leads to Bathurst too its about 20 from Bathurst.

We will have too book and let him know if we want to go so they have extra staff for all the people.

The food is great there too and the beer is better.

There is plenty off parking there if we double park each other and get there early enought,and plenty off out door under cover eating room.

Also big grass area out the back for kids to play

Let me know if you want me too book

I'll definitely be in, for both cruise / weekend away and hillclimb.

Any idea on when hillclimb info will be available ? Is it a 2-day event or 2 x single day events ? (ie can you just enter one day ? )

There are only three motel rooms left. First in best dressed.

I'll be taking deposits and instalment payments at the SDC meeting on the 27th Sep.

Alternatively, PM me for bank details for direct deposit.

I'll be taking deposits and instalment payments at the SDC meeting on the 27th Sep.

I'll have a room - preferably a family one if possible (and assuming the family ends up coming with me :rolleyes: .

Will pay at the meeting on Monday night.

hi there,im just wondering if there is any double rooms left.im not a sdc member does that matter.if it doesnt ill pay asap.

hi there,im just wondering if there is any double rooms left.im not a sdc member does that matter.if it doesnt ill pay asap.

is there any rooms left im keen to come along.

Guys supp regs r now up on www.blcc.com.au for the sprint on saturday and the hillclimb on sunday,im mailing my entry 2mora

im mailing my entry 2mora

Ditto. Scrutineering at 7am on Sunday morning may be hard to take though :sick:

What format is the sprint ? What part of the track do they use ?

And same questions for the hillclimb ?

Sprint starts at Forest Elbow with 2 cars side by side and head down Conrod around the Chase and finish on the start finish line on sat, and hillclimb starts at Forest Elbow and head through the Dipper and Esses and finish on Skyline. Ive done this event a few times and its a great event and looking forward to cranking my 1600 up down Conrod :banana:

Excellent !!

I've got a datalogger (just racechrono on a Nokia mobile with a windscreen suction mount) - if anyone's interested we could should share it round to see who hits the highest speed down conrod ?

have all the rooms been finalized or is there still a chance of a room?

is there anyone out there that can answer my question?