US510

Bathurst Xmas Weekend Sat 4Th December 2010

Im afraid im out boys, head studs still havent arrived and im not going to slap it back together just for the weekend if its going to be wet. It will be better off in the long run... enjoy

Sorry to any one who asked for a Datsun shirt for Bathurst this weekend, I f#cked up and did not realise the style of shirt i ordered was on back order so i will not have them. :wallbash:

Apoloigies

However dont let that ruin this weekend. I wont. :woot::woot:

Ben you might want to look at getting an alternative route incase this rain keeps up, it floods out richmond way quiet regulary hope non of the roads are blocked. :thumbsup:

Bring your 4x4 tyres and mud flaps boys the road into Bathurst is f@#kin atrocious.

I was told that the road is not to bad???,Maybe a few pot holes but im sure we can dodge them!

looks ok on google street view (the bits i saw anyway)

We have had a late cancellation and a room is availabe for the Bathurst cruise this weekend if anyone is interested.

Motel room is $126 and dinner is $28 per head.

Also, we have been offered a deal for full cooked breakfast including cereal, toast, yoghurt, fruit, hash browns, bacon, eggs and baked beans or spaghetti.for $15 per head. (breakfast is free for SDC members)

Further, if anyone has any questions about thier booking, please give me a call on 0414 193 775

Cheers

Graeme.

I drive lithgow to bathurst everyday for work and the condition of the road changes everyday. Basicly every time it rains the road disinigrates a little more, they come and patch it up then it rains and it all falls apart again. Best thing is the newest sections of highway are worse then the old bits.

Worst of it "should" be fixed up by the weekend if it stops raining ;)

I drive lithgow to bathurst everyday for work and the condition of the road changes everyday. Basicly every time it rains the road disinigrates a little more, they come and patch it up then it rains and it all falls apart again. Best thing is the newest sections of highway are worse then the old bits.

Worst of it "should" be fixed up by the weekend if it stops raining ;)

Hey Harvo have you looked at the map and seen the way we are going ?Map link here>[MAP]

Can you comment to me on the way we are going PM me if you want

Ah yeah I forgot your going the back way, can't say what the roads will be like but they couldn't possibly be worse then the highway. Through kelso is shit, big potholes and lots of lose tar.

There have been roads around bathurst closed today from flooding with more rain forecast, they shouldn't affect you just keep in mind we've had a shitload of rain the last couple of days.

I'm off work 2morrow to look after the kids might be able to go for a quick run to see what its like (get the kids out of the house for a bit if it's raining) road should be fine** tho

**my idea and your idea of fine may differ. I drive on shit roads everyday :)

Ben you might want to look at getting an alternative route incase this rain keeps up, it floods out richmond way quiet regulary hope non of the roads are blocked. :thumbsup:

Hi Mark,

It will take more rain then this to cause a flood, It can only block Richmond if the river lets go.. :thumbsup:

Ah yeah I forgot your going the back way, can't say what the roads will be like but they couldn't possibly be worse then the highway. Through kelso is shit, big potholes and lots of lose tar.

There have been roads around bathurst closed today from flooding with more rain forecast, they shouldn't affect you just keep in mind we've had a shitload of rain the last couple of days.

I'm off work 2morrow to look after the kids might be able to go for a quick run to see what its like (get the kids out of the house for a bit if it's raining) road should be fine** tho

**my idea and your idea of fine may differ. I drive on shit roads everyday :)

I drove from Lithgow to Bathurst the other day, Roads a perfect in my mind compared to the shit pot holed/ rutted out edges in Sydney.

Yes well its probably exadurated in my car due to it "handling like a pebble skipping across a pond" but anyway just a heads up, I'll still be coming up to watch a few dattos "get the back out"

Will they still go ahead with the track day?

Will they still go ahead with the track day?

All set - I treated the 1600 to a sumpful of Pennzoil last night plus a new set of windscreen wiper blades :thumbsup:

The Chase will be interesting if its wet :ninja:

Having issues with my car, maybe fuel ,maybe ignition.. is intermittent, thought it was fixed but its back. got it booked in at rigolis next week...

So wont be making the cruise or the weekend at bathurst..... :(:down:

someone make sure they get some onboard video of panorama so i can see wat i missed.... :(

Edited by GO180B

Some pics from a mate of mine in Mudgee - Golf course and racecourse....

post-153-0-85377300-1291205265_thumb.jpgpost-153-29211_thumb.jpg

As per last year, people from Hills area will be meeting at:

North Richmond BP at 9:30.

The cruise will come past here about 9:45 and we will join them.

Looking forward to the weekend!

so when are you guys going to the track? sat/sun/both, got a time? or just going to wing it?

Cheers Dan

The accomodation is already at the track

so when are you guys going to the track? sat/sun/both, got a time? or just going to wing it?

Cheers Dan

The accomodation is already at the track

ah ok, i was thinking of the gold panner

Has anyone got a big roll of plastic they could bring for a slip and slide ...it looks like good weather for it !

We can use it down the hill near the hotel or on conrod straight for those that dont mind loosing a bit of skin :thumbsup:

I've got some nice thick builders sheet.... Should make a great slip 'n' slide.

Also, take your uhf's if you've got one.. channel 16????

I'm planning on heading to Goulburn from Bathurst on Sunday. just for something to do. The roads look like fun.

See you guys all up there tommorrow,

Datto is on the car trailer ready to go, Leaving at 5.45am in the morning........

Really looking forward to this! Finished a few things I wanted done for the cruise last night... only question now is to pack the creeper or not pack the creeper... ??? :-)

will be leaving the 200b at home and taking the mazda, a/c and room for baby stuff! :ermm:

weather swayed my mind a bit too, was going to take 2 cars but that idea got canned.

Will see all you guys 2morrow!