US510

1600 Bbq

Thought i would start a thread on a 1600 bbq i am building. Its a old 68model which had seen better days so i cut the front off and the roof as my mate needed it. Spent 3hrs 2day paint stripping it :wallbash::wallbash: Going to fit a 4burner under it and get all the lights working and open to any other ideas if u have any? Ill post new pics as i go sdc12030s.jpgsdc12036.jpg

how about welding some cavities under the openings for the struts that you can pack some ice into, then use them as stubby holders for the chef? actually the heat would probably make light work of the ice :lol:

Great idea i like it, also thinking of using the washer squirters for water to cool the bbq down

yeah still got the rear what are u after

Ha ha thats awesome!!. if you and craigo dont work something out with the left over shell, id be interested in it.

Also i have an old bbq if you want it, its a bolt together one 4 burner from memory let me know

0424 166 510. mark

Hey matey I woud be interested in the fuel flap and complete fuel section of the sedan if you didnt mind cutting it out plus and extra bit around to help re - weld into a 1600 wagon I would like to convert to.

From fuel cap (wagon) to fuel flap assembly (sedan)

:thumbsup:

Steven Moore Qld.

Painted engine bay and bonnet 2day. now the fun part of putting it all together sdc12049k.jpgsdc12050t.jpgsdc12051.jpg

How do u like your steak :tongue::tongue: BBQ all finished equipped with Leds alround and cooks a great steak sdc12084l.jpgsdc12085n.jpgsdc12086.jpg

bro that looks awesome!!! mate i was after the whole rear end setup, from quarters back for a rear diff jig. can u help me out? im not far i can come check it out.

Sorry guys the whole rear is stuffed with rust

Awesome work Jason! Absolutely love it :)

You cook a mean BBq Jas... it looks a treat in the flesh.. well done :thumbsup:

Thats fantastic,

Whens the production line starting?

Looks the goods mate, top effort

Top effort and great color choice.

can it be registered and towed to the next cruise?

Top effort and great color choice.

can it be registered and towed to the next cruise?

Thanks Pete,sorry its a permanent fixture in my back yard, but i am thinking of making a few more to sell as ive had a few inquires and could make one to be towed but the one Chuck is making is looking the goods :thumbsup: