• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
QIK510

My New Race Datto 1600 ( Ex P510 )

Hi all, Brought this well know race car from Gareth , rego was know as P510,

Just a rolling shell but came with all brakes / springs and shocks , Full welded cage and guages / dash and fuel system,

Plans are to re build early next year,

Put a heavily worked SR20 DET, standard SR 5 speed, R 180 LSD diff with strengthed half shafts, a Hydrolic handbrake, Hope to get Some quick lap times next year, :thumbsup:

Got a work out pushing it up the driveway and then onto the trailer

p510datsun1600august201.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its new home

• Like 1

very nice base to start with, looks like you've got plenty of room too. Did it come with wheels?

Yes plenty of room ,well sort of, Its at my parents house , My mums 4wd has to park in there too, ( i hate when I go in there and she must of had a wine or two and sometimes she has parked like half a foot away from the datto)

Yes I got the wheels as well, ( Castor wheels ) Just jokes , I got the wannabee wheels( or our ever they are spelt )

I know those wheels Shawn!

Congrats on buying the car. Look forward to your half built, half bought progress!!!

post-153-0-21415700-1313324491_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys, Yes will get stuck into the build around January, Be on the track about March / April,

Keep you all up dated,

Can't wait

Ist up date, Just brought an SR20 DET gearbox on Monday,

Can't wait to start working on this car, ( Just got to find the time, )

SR 20DET Gear box is at Steward Wikinson shop getting checked over, Hope fully he finds nothing wrong with it,

Also just brought an R200 3.9 ratio, brand new LSD, from Steward as well, ( ready to bolt in )Just have to find the time,

will get photos up in a few weeks, As I haven't done any work on it yet though, Just sourcing parts,

Got an intercooler from Chris howard and Neary, Thanks guys, enjoy the beer,

Brought a radiator of ebay for $76, From Mat at penrith, ( felt bad about the winning price though) Thansk Mat and was nice to meet you again,

One of my old motors is about to get stripped down to check on condtion of block, Then the rebuild will begin,

Talk soon,

Looks good mate. What did Gareth do with his L series? Cant wait to see this going mate.

Looks good mate. What did Gareth do with his L series? Cant wait to see this going mate.

Hi mate, Cheers for that, Yes Gareths L series that came with the car , but not in it ( as it used to have the SR in it ) I sold it straight away to recoupe some money , Whys that?

I was half entertaining the idea of a putting an L Series back into my 1600. Was just curious about it thats all. I am not sure what i want to do with it lol.

Just a qik update,well there isn't any, LOL,No time,

Will hopefully start working on it in JULY,

1000871e.jpg

Diff cross member ready for a R 200 Diff , 3.9 ratio, Kaz LSD from Japan

1000860c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us1000867g.jpg

Datto is finally getting some work on it, I dedicate about 3 hours every Wednesday night on it,

1000869r.jpg

1000874a.jpg

Carbon fiber door trims, About to take rear windows out, and corner ones, all window winder mecanisms, etc, and put perspex in there with air holes with pipe back to my drivers seat for driver cooling ,

is the rear x member adj shawn ???

looks the goods mate. Glad your putting the time into it.. Keep up the 3 hrs a week & you'll smash it !!

is the rear x member adj shawn ???

looks the goods mate. Glad your putting the time into it.. Keep up the 3 hrs a week & you'll smash it !!

I Mark,

Yes its adjustable, But only for toe in/ out ( Not for camber )

Yes slowly and surely it will get there,

Got a big list, But slowly getting through it,

cheers,

Good stuff! Did you make the carbon door trims from a flat sheet? If so where did you get it from?

Cheers John

Hi John,

Naa I cheated, They came with the car, all ready cut, I just have to put the holes in them,

Not sure where you get them from,

But they will look good when I get my ass into gear and work on car again,

Hi guys, a quick up date, did no other work on it last year, only did the 4 Wednesday nights in October, Then nothing until the 1st of Feb this year, Getting into now, ( only 3 weeks to phillip island, Hopefully I can finish it, It will be so close )

Seats are now fitted ,

Inner door skins cut out and carbo fiber door trims on,

Diff and rear cross member , shocks, springs , rear brakes in,

Front suspension will be finshed tonight,

Will get some photos up tommorrow,

Motor is getting built next week,with a lot of goodies,

Clean up of wiring harness is getting started next week and a tidy up of orginal 1600 harness as well,

cheers Shawn,

Hi all, Pullin the pin on getting this car ready for this years dat nats, not enough time between work and family , with only two weeks to go, so giving Qik 510 a service and bringing that instead,

Can't wait to get away from work for a few days and be surrounded by my family and the datto family, LOL,

Just got some motorvation back, working on this car a few hours a week,

Here are some more shots

img0111wd.jpg

dsc02188e.jpg

dsc02193wd.jpg

Hi there Andrew and to all thats lookin,

Yes Sr 20 DET engine will be ready inabout 3 weeks time, Then another weekend to put it in and so for,

The wiring loom and new computer will get wired in within a month of engin going in, MY auto guy will then wire up,

Doing the brakes lines within the next two weeks,

Car is almost ready and will see a track this year,

Just time and money was the problem,

More photos to come ,