• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
fly by

Updates - August 2011 Website Upgrades

Well some major updates are being completed as we speak on the forum, the entire forum backend has had quite a major update going from IPB v3.1x to 3.2x.

In turn there are a heap of new features (and also some bugs).

Try out all the cool new stuff and let us know of any bugs right here (no promise I'll do anything about it :tongue: )

Running list of new features:

Tagging - keyword tags, if we do this right finding content in the future will be a breeze

Return to top - right down the bottom is a return to top button :thumbsup:

New content - great new feature, sort by all sorts of stuff not just unread since your last visit as previously

Text editor - main text editor has had a nice upgrade

Search - had a few 'tweaks'

Mobile - a few more upgrades here, with more to come.

Auto-save - for new posts, never lose a long typed post again!

Anything I have missed that is noteable?

:thanks:

Was just about to post, working on it now but doesn't look good for a quick fix :confused: ;

Known Issues:

Classifieds playing up

Some minor template/design issues (neatness)

i replied to a post, then after i typed, tried to right click to enter a link id copied, and i over wrote the message..

ie blah blah blah (Insert here) became

http://datnet.org/to...ct/page__st__40

am i retarded ( on the post ) or just a bug

Edited by fveten

The site looks good on my iPhone now too (haven't used it though) and with the option of also viewing the full site at the bottom. :thumbsup:

Per fveten - I have also had trouble copy/pasting even basic text into the "Reply to this topic window"

Here's an example CTRL+C/V'd from PSI510s post above: and with the option of also viewing

Refreshing the page - it appears my C/V actually worked. The problem is that the window did not display it properly AS I PASTED IT - ie only after hitting refresh.

Maybe try it for yourself Jon?

I don't seem to be able to replicate this, but have only tried chrome so far. What browsers are you using?

Found another cool feature, can take a while to setup. Notification Preferences in the 'settings' menu allows some great customisation on how you are notified of events.

cant even log in unless in compatability mode on xp...windows crashes. Probably time for update my OS anyway lLOL

which browser?

For any browser, if it is not current chances are there will be issues.

On another note, Classifieds are expected to come back online any day now, fingers crossed.

HI Jon, I can't reply to any private messages, anyone having the same problem?

Dish service areas