• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
SXboi

Kennys 200B Sx Mild Resto'

Yo

Thought it was about time i put some sort of build diary together! I joined datnet a few years ago and haven’t really used it until recently.

My car is a 1980 200b SX. I first purchased the car from a friend a few years back in very good condition and drove it for about 12 months before my partner fell pregnant with our first child. It was at this point i had to weigh up my options..

The 200b was starting to show signs of wear, it was after all my daily driven work ute(so to speak) and was soon to be needing the inevitable datsun rebuild that they all need at some stage of their lives. She was starting to leak fluid, rust spots were appearing, the stand out SX blue was becoming chalky and faded no matter how much i polished it..

With a baby on the way and still living in a share house, I had neither the room nor the funds to give her the cleanup she deserved!

A female friend of mine was in love with the car however so soon enough she was at my house with cash demanding the keys.. So, i bit the bullet and sold my beloved 200b..

5 mins after this female friend had left my house, in the car, I received a phone call from an irate friend of mine claiming i was a %#@!wit and should learn how to drive! YES FOLKS, the female buyer of my beloved 200b had pulled out of my street, onto a main road, in front of oncoming traffic almost causing a pile up... Oblivious to this she continued on her way..

I caught up with her a few months later at a gathering, I spotted her amongst the other cars parked all over the place, glistering in the moonlight! At least she is looking after it I thought to myself.

As i got closer i noticed a dent in the rear driver’s quarter, SHE HAD REVERSED INTO A TROLLY BAY AT WESTFEILD!! a little disheartened i went over the car to see if there was anything else.. BUCKET SEATS!!! UGLY ONES AT THAT!!! the original SX seats, that were in good condition mind you, had been replaced with "fast and the furious" looking buckets with orange inserts! THE CAR IS BLUE!!! THE INTERIOR IS BLACK!!! WTF would you put orange inserts in already horrible bucket seats in a blue car? this chick had no taste!

I continued into the gathering, a little upset and disgusted but at the end of the day, it was no longer my car..

Apon finding a spot to sit and cracking a beer, I got to talking to some of the guys, keeping my peripheral sight on high alert for the girl I had sold my car too.

Once i had finally found her I instantly brought up the subject “oh yeah, my boy friend is driving it now, dad bought me a mirage” Great I thought.. this guy must be a douche bag.. I really started to worry when she informed me he was driving it because he had written his commonwhore off whilst drunk... GEEZUZ! What had i gotten my beloved 200b into?

That was the last i seen of the car or its new owner for a while, being a new dad, my partner and i had dropped off the social scene and hadn’t spoken to anyone in months.

About a month ago now i was driving through the AMAZING suburb of Bidwill when something caught my eye! A blue 200b SX! Rusting away in a front yard, looked like it hadn’t moved in a while, long grass.. All that. Being Bidwill i was hesitant to even stop the car let alone knock on the door.. But regardless i staunched up, got out and went to the door.

As i walked past the car in the front lawn something else caught my eye.. ORANGE INSERTS IN GOD AWFAL BUCKET SEATS! I almost fell over!

I rushed to knock on the door, i was greeted with a familiar voice! SHE STILL OWNED IT!!!!

I was quick to offer some cash, done a deal and rang a mate with a trailer!

After 4 and a bit years, she was home.. a little worse for wear.. A bad attempt at a locked diff, a dent in the rear quarter and some ugly ass, uncomfortable, unsupportive bucket seats.. With orange inserts..

After a good wash I set out to do the work I once had nor the funds or the space to do..

kens200.jpg

206005_10150242932961863_649951862_7844425_1704229_n.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

185521_10150239168141863_649951862_7809011_1744879_n.jpg

224452_10150243017056863_649951862_7845001_5568131_n.jpg

seats.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

alomost ready for a new coat of paint then she will be back on the road

• Like 1

Found a rear chrome bar today! Now I have a set! Can loose the massive front fiberglss one now.. Yay for me!

I once owned a nice 1600 wagon that i wished i never sold. I was at a servo in it (with a for sale sign stuck to the window) and this old guy pulled up next to me and while he was filling up , he said "You shouldn't sell it you know, You'll always regret it!"

He was right too.

Anyway, its cool that you were able to get it back!

All the best with it mate. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Just painted the boot floor and put the fresh gloss black tank back in.. Look pretty good! Shame it's going to be mostly covered..

c0947565-c2f0-ca44.jpg

Fresh boot floor

Hoping my bumpers come next week.. Looking forward to fitting them,

Can't decide what cam cover colour scheme to go with..

c0947565-c35e-f535.jpg

c0947565-c38a-544d.jpg

Or the wrinkle coat similar to the sdc club car..

Have a datsun cam cover on the way from Melbourne so obviously I'll be applying my final choice to that one..

Hopefully painted and rego'd before datsun day..

Nice story there, Glad you found it again, Looks still in great nick, Love your boot work,

Cheers, I have some rust and a dent I want to get sorted.. Funds are low due to unforeseen issues.. Hopefully not long now

Finally got around to fitting the chrome front bar and my 45's..

Starting to look like a car again!

79da00a7-4a3f-e59c.jpg

Looks good there Kenny, I saw a Yellow one of these on the road yesterday, It to looked good,

I saw a yellow one yesterday too, on parra road.. Red p plater.. Looked clean as!

Maybe same one

Good work Kenny, looks good. Takes me back to when I was in my teens and a blue one just like yours came ripping past me with Webers on full noise - still a vivid memory! Used to see the guy driving around Strathfield all the time, but never heard it make those sorts of noises. Was pretty obvious he'd only just fitted the twins and was enjoying the 'music' at every opportunity.

Hope to see it at Datsun Day!!!

Yeah she will be at datto day. Please don't look at my quick repair on the quarter to het it passed a blue slip :)

I put my 15' meshies on this morning.. They fill the guards a bit better

3aa3afc1-537e-921f.jpg

A mate of mine wanted to practice his rig shooting and editing, so we went to seven hills train station carpark and this is what come of it

3aa3afb2-9dc8-ebbd.jpg

• Like 2

haha yeah its good to see it back in its rightfull owners hands!! 214 up boy we'll get this thing looking good and going better than ever

Going to get under the khunt of a thing now to try and sort out this vibration..

Got them from Alistair(green200b)

he has 200b parts galore..

I have a spare front bar in pretty good nic