• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
PRO-20T

<Attention New Users> Welcome Thread, Introduce Yourself

Hey,

I'm Jonathon, I'm 20 and from Penrith. I'm an apprentice Flexographic Printer.

My first datto was a 1977 C210 Skyline Coupe (which is now for sale.. PM me if you're interested.)

I now have a R31 GTS1 (aussie version) which has a RB20DET now. with 2.6 rods and 2.5 crank. forged pistons. T04E. all the goodies.

Hopefully i'll have some cash to buy a datto project once i sell the c210. i want something small and fun again.

maybe a 120y

Steve here, living in Perth WA

Turning 21 later this year in november.

My first car ever is my current 1600 which i got on my 18th birthday, what a present that was it did have a L20 in it with a lil bit of work done to it but ive decided to upgrade and put an sr20det in it, it now has licence plates BURNT16 orange background with white letters, looking to respray it a burnt orange possibley with a purple metallic through it

Anyway I work as a scientific and industrial instrument maker/repairer have been for almost 3 years now mainly working on pressure systems, TIG welding pressure systems for anyone thats interested im welding 316 stainless shim thats 0.003" thick, only slightly thicker than your average household alfoil . And as a side job I do carpet steam cleaning after hours.

hi rod 40 manager caltex, passion dattos, G200 charades

My first car was a 56 FE holden moved on to a datsun 200b back in 1984, did quiet alot of work to over the year had the girl for 17 years, ive been around datuns ever since, at the moment do full restro on a 200B GX theres a quiet alot of body mods, EG; engine bay, paneling, tossing up to a TURBO V6 NISSAN or SR20DET ,..... the other one 200B SX it a one owner they had it since new they were elderly couple since passed on they payed $6860.00 new in 1979, picked up for $313.00 great buy thats next in line for restro,......lookout datnet for that one.....My daily driver is a G203 Charade 1.5 little rocket ......

Hey Domenic from Canberra I am 18 years on Friday.

I am still at school in year 12, hopefully next year moving to Wollongong to study civil/ mining engineering.

I own only I Datsun my bright orange 1976 Datsun ute, which is my pride and joy which I got when I was 16 as my first car

Im Jarrad, 19, from Sydney. im an apprentice panel beater, drive a KE20 corolla and im rebuilding my 1600 with an FJ20t which was also my first car.

Jeremy 31 northern suburbs of sydney. 2081. self employed crane operator. currently own a 1600 wagon with stroked L20, building a sr20t to put in its place. my first ever car(on L's) was a canary yellow 1600 sedan with fj20t and fj1600 plates, then 1200 ute(standard), then imported 2 door bluebird with z18t then various other work vehicles until the current 1600 wagon. it's a slow build but it's getting all the right gear and i can drive it and enjoy it in the mean time.

cheers...

Argh so this was yours? I use to see all the time parked in the shell servo on parra rd five dock around 96-97. Even took pictures one day. Still got them I think

yeah it was a great car, very nice even back in the day. there actually weren't too many like it back then. i owned it before the guy in five dock and i regeret selling it almost everyday. my wife cried on the day it left.

Jeremy 31 northern suburbs of sydney. 2081. self employed crane operator. currently own a 1600 wagon with stroked L20, building a sr20t to put in its place. my first ever car(on L's) was a canary yellow 1600 sedan with fj20t and fj1600 plates, then 1200 ute(standard), then imported 2 door bluebird with z18t then various other work vehicles until the current 1600 wagon. it's a slow build but it's getting all the right gear and i can drive it and enjoy it in the mean time.

cheers...

Hey Jez, hows things? Looking forward to seeing the Sr20t in your wagon you will have heaps of fun at wakefield next time around.

cheers...

Hey Jez, hows things? Looking forward to seeing the Sr20t in your wagon you will have heaps of fun at wakefield next time around.

hey mick, i had heaps of fun at wakefield last time, next time i'll be going a little quicker though and might be able to go up a class to play with the other turbos. you having a kick lately or you retired?

you were going well last time, but with the SR you will appreciate the extra straight line speed and be in the A class

nah mate only played that cameo season with you guys....just go to the gym now to keep fit, how bout yourself?

Name: Aymen

Qualifications: Degree in Telecommunications Engineering

Rides:

1st car - 1986 BMW 528i "Pimp-Mobile", wrote it off in 1999

2nd car - 1992 Corolla 4Age GTi sold in 2003

3rd Car - Ruff as guts, but unbreakable 180B to get around in, Then my love for the things just grew after i discovered Datnet in 2004.. sold it last year

4th Car - Current 180B granny spec one owner bought in 2004, Carby turboed the existing L18 and has been goin hard ever since - was used as my daily driver up until 2 months ago. Still have it but not daily driven anymore.

5th car: Now currently driving an S15 200sx as my daily. Datto as a fun weekender.

Hobbies: Nothing more than just cars, cars and more cars! Can spend up to 50% of my weekend time under the bonnet, or under the dash, just fiddling around with stuff. Cant spend too much time with the car now as my wife of 2 years would get the shits

Hey all,

My name is Scott, 26 yr old living in Randwick. Moved from Canberra up to Sydney in late 2006.... Work in the city doing IT security consulting.

1st car: Blue Datsun 1200 Ute, A15 with webers that went anywhere and everywhere - that ute was a testament to the absolute hell that you could give to a nissan engine and not kill it!

2nd car: Candy Red Datsun 1200 Ute, CA18DET

I dont get much of a chance to drive the ute unfortunately - it sits the garage and comes out for the weekend and when I make trips to the Gong for work, or back home to the berra...

Ben Sheppard 21 Apprentice 4th year Mechanic from Sutherland Shire.

I own a dark green 1600 with an FJ20ET that I have just finished building. Running-in the motor at the moment but will be getting dyno tunes in the next few weeks. I've owned it for about 2 years now and started the conversion about 1 year ago.

im nick but everyone calls me steve im 20 and shired hard

3rd year app carpenter, casual DJ, part time servo attendant, part time real estate receptionist, part time stock investor full time sick %#@!.. basically where theres a buck to be made and a buck to be saved im there

owned 12 cars including 3 datto's, currently own a fully hectic wrx bro which i swear does like 10's uleh with 500hpatw on nos it was in that car mag not to long ago forgot which one but it was still sick tho beats like everything at da larpa runs..

im at DCM every weekend coz 'im that hard'

Mick, 28

From Perth HSEC Advisor in the construction and mining industry.

I am on my 3rd Datto had a 78 skyline then a 75 180b now a 70 1600

She is green with a warm L20b twin SU's locked diff and a long way to go.

Have been very busy of late and she is starting to feel neglected.

Hey, Mark Stewart, 24, currently living in Penshurst, Sydney

4th year apprentice mechanic

Dip of IT, hoping to make use of it oneday

had my 200b coupe about 4 and a bit years now, upgraded engine to a newer 2L model (s14de). Probably going to be

living in the garage come the end of this year, allowing me to rip out the interior and carry out sum rust repairs

and full re-spray ..maybe more. Not sure how long that will take but in the mean time i'll be goin round in my daily

corolla sx - boring.

Hi Im Tim, 24 for Dee Why, storeman and athlete

Owned a 1971 green Datsun 1600 sedan for the last 5 years and i love it too, currently looking for another 1600 to put my SR20 in it!

Love the new look Datnet! kepp up the good work guys!!

Hey All,

I'm Adam From Sydney, St George Area

I work at a Freight Forwarders Doing Import/Export Operations, and occasionally on the weekends I work at a sports store in the city.

I've owned my 1600 for the past 2-3 years, which is the Only Datsun i've had. Before that i've had a Mighty Mitsubishi Sigma GSR and my everyday car which is a Subaru Impreza.

Gday everyone, my names Tom and im over here in perth driving my datto 260z.

ive already posted in the members car section

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=194

but thought id do a formal introduction too.

anyways, so im currently a second year chem eng student at curtin uni and interests would lay in cars, obviously, racing my datto, racing rc cars is an old hobby too and just chillin with mates, playing any sort of sport except rugby and footy (dont mind watching but too many injuries to want to play anymore) surfing at the beach.

bout it really i spose. hopefully everyone on here are nice people and i get to know you guys a bit better and enjoy the forum and our cars.

Tom.

'Sup, Luke, 26, Kellyville born and bred. I'm a member of the RAAF (Logo).

Currently have two Datto's, I own dat51k's old 1200 ute (slowly making her perfect, never enough time), and building my wife Kirstie a CA18DET powered ute (currently back to bare metal waiting for me to find a free moment to spray it). I used to own a 1200 sedan, complete rust bucket but still a cool ride.

In my heart I'm a ford man, but I just love the old school cool the Datto's provide. That being said, when the wife's ute is finished I'm buying an XP Falcon (don't hate on me, please).

Jeff, 36, grew up Sth Strathfield, own a 4br house in tha Hills Shyarr now, play with big speakers and amplifiers for a living, married with 3 kids, 2 Dattos, 2.5T MY06 Forester (daily), 3.5 AWD TJ sports Magna on Kings/KYB/18s (4 the wife), have owned 8 x 1600 and 1 x 1200 in my time, learnt to drive in a 1200 wagon and 1600 wagon, Datnet is my second home