• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
PRO-20T

<Attention New Users> Welcome Thread, Introduce Yourself

Hi all, My name Shawn Johnson and live at Windsor.

My occupation is Selling, Repairing, storing shipping containers and organising transport to move these containers around.

I have a storage facility at Chullora, Where I keep anyones furniture or cars in a safe, wind and water tight shipping containers, If you ever need anyoff the above , My No is 02 9793 7874

I have had 10 datsun 1600's now in 15 years, But only have 3 left, One is know as QIK 510, Which does 12.4 down the quarter, 1.11.51 around wakefield and 1.57.31 around Phillip Island and won the 4 cylinder burnout comp at Summernats 19.

The other 2 datsun 1600 are both in need of motor's and paint jobs............ONEDAY or one decade later.

Names Anthony, 18 and fresh out of school. I'm a draftsman (I'm my own business). My plan is to build a pulsar sleeper.

Basically atm i'm eploring the posibilities of the 1.8L engine and a CA18. I know i'm a lil out of place here, but hey, the atmosphere's nice, everyone here is willing to help out, so i think i'll stay.

I really can't think coherently at the moment, so this all prolly just sounds disjointed. suffice to say i had fun last night.

G'day guys & gals, I'm Bob, probably the oldest guy bugger on here at 46. I'm a chippie by trade, current a senior building estimator for a large property developer.

I started late with Dattos, didn't buy my first one till I was 26. It was a 1600 rally car (wish I still had it).

I've owned over 15 dattos over the past 20 years. 8-1600s, 6-Stanzas, 1-720 dualcab ute, probably some others I can't think of & of course my current pride & joy the 4 door SSS 710 rally car . I also have a GU4 4.2 turbo diesel Patrol as my daily/tow vehicle.

Hi my names Paul, at the moment i've got 3 sunny's in various states of repair, 2 sedans & a coupe that has an l18 in it, plus a daily driver Navara.

I'm the dispatch co-ordinator for a meat processing company at greenacre, means i arrange all the local & interstate deliveries for chilled & frozen meat, plus the other usual stuff you do in the transport industry.

I've had more than 10 datsun 1200's over the years, a 1000 coupe i hillclimbed, a sunny panelvan i delivered pizzas in full time for the Hut, & a couple of cars large enough to tow

a car trailer.

I live at Greystanes near Parramatta in Sydney & am planning to do Motorkhana's & Khanacrosses with the sunny coupe, while i build up one of the sedans with either an A15 or maybe an sr20de, or maybe another engine i'm thinking about, but stil nissan 2 litre twincam.

Hi everyone my names Jacob an im ......... An alcoholic

just kidden

My names Jacob i live in Wagga Wagga NSW lol im 14 and in yr 9 towards the end of this year i will be receiving a 1200 sedan to which i will be doing an L18 conversion with twin Su's,stage 3 cam and 5 speed all on a tight budget

i race in motorkhana and khanacrosss' in my mums 120y (her daily as the v8 bommodore guzzels juice like nothin else)which i came 2nd out of 20 behind an ex rally driver in his wrx wagon dam him and his 4wd boxer turbo

thats my story

Gday, I am Craig, 19 years old and live in Kellyville.

I have a 1200 ute that I went halves in with my old man about a year ago. It was pretty neat when we bought it but like most datto's, there is plenty to be approved on!!! Not to sure what we will be doing with the motor yet but most likely we will be leaving the A14 in. Mostly just want to get the thing looking nice and clean and still useable.

I also have an S15 which I used as a daily before I lost my licence which I still have but may not be able to drive once I get back on the road ... I get it back pretty soon so we will see what happens!

I usually go on the datnet forums pretty regularly but never really post much. With the new forum up I will try to not be so lazy and actually post!!!

Gday all,

Im Ian, 18. You will find me pretty regularly over on 1200.com but I check in here a bit. I live in Northmead, inbetween the hills and parra. Last year of school Im planning on riding a motorbike around the world next year.

My main project is a 1000 coupe which im building into a race car/ toy. Its going to have twin webbers, chrome molly cage and all the gear. Should be a bit of fun.

My uncle and I go rallying in a 1200 coupe, fuel inject a12. I navigate for him there.

We have a granny spec 1000 coupe thats good for cruising.

And I just got a 1200 coupe that has been rolled, but is otherwise schmick, so I think it might become a l18 powered streeter. Anyone got a mild l18, twin su's, etc?

So there you go. Cheers

G'day, my name is Chad,i'm 27, surveyors assistant, aka chainy,aka glorified labourer, and i live in Glenmore Park,near the 'Riff. First car was a '69 1600 that got punished for nearly 4 years,and only spat a diff and chewed a bit of engine oil. Had 2 other 16's,a 1200 ute and a 1200 1 owner sedan since, along with some other embarassing rides,VS commodore,99 hilux,and a couple of pulsars. Currently carless,but keep mobile on my '04 GSXR 600.The itch is returning though,so i can see another 1600 in my driveway in the not too distant future. Been a long time guest of Datnet,so i thought i would sign up and get involved.

G'day All,

Name's Andrew, thought it was about time to post in here... I'm 30, currently in Melbourne working as a Maintenance Controller/Planner for a corporate jet charter company. Always had an interest in the Dattos, mostly influenced by my next-door neighbour and the girl up the street - she had an FJ20 1600 - all those years ago. Have owned a bit of a variety of cars including 2 x RX-3 Coupes, TX3 4WD Laser, VY SS Ute, KE55 Corolla and a VC Commodore (first car!). After recently disposing of my latest RX-3, it now makes room for my first project car - '71 1800 SSS Coupe. Have owned it for a while now, but is being stored in the land of the rising sun until I give the word to put it on the boat - which will be very soon! My love for the Mazdas is not lost either, as I'm picking up a restored 1300 STB 2-door on Monday. I did have a thread on the 'old' datnet about the Datto coupe and will make a new one with details of it's successful landing in the country and the parts I have collected so far.

Hopefully I will be able to contribute as much to the forum as I have gained so far!

Cheers

hey all ,

im jono from brisbane i am a apprentice chippy and recently sold my bmw e30 if ur from brisbane u may kno it ( GOE30) and am hunting for a 1600 which will be my project car . have always loved the shape and style of the datsun 1600 , ever since i first saw the original GUN16 before it was turbo charged loved it!. have always had a spot in my heart for one so now i have sold the e30 and lined up the work ute , its time to look for a 1600. so if you know anyone selling one doesnt matter what state its in im willing to travel almost anywhere to find a decent one. i will be sure to fill you all in with progess pics and reports once the build begins.

cheers jono

hey all ,

im jono from brisbane i am a apprentice chippy and recently sold my bmw e30 if ur from brisbane u may kno it ( GOE30) and am hunting for a 1600 which will be my project car . have always loved the shape and style of the datsun 1600 , ever since i first saw the original GUN16 before it was turbo charged loved it!. have always had a spot in my heart for one so now i have sold the e30 and lined up the work ute , its time to look for a 1600. so if you know anyone selling one doesnt matter what state its in im willing to travel almost anywhere to find a decent one. i will be sure to fill you all in with progess pics and reports once the build begins.

cheers jono

hey jono u've seen the light mate didnt know u were into datto's. u should probly come along to one of the monday night meets and have a chat to everyone about it.

I'm Ian and you can guess my age from my username.

Just got my hands on a 1981 720 Kingcab 4x2 by accident, took my '91 Charade to be scrapped on the weekend and nextdoor offered me his ute since it was about to go to the same place. Needs alittle work for rego then I plan on giving it a tidy up. Since my background is rallying the ute will lean towards that style. My only problem is my mate has a Hilux with a 1JZ transplant, anyone from Performance Forums, and from the ACT, will know GSRman.

Oh yeah, was orginally planning on replaceing the Charade with a new Tiida leased through work. Might still happen which would be good for the 720.

I'm Ian and you can guess my age from my username.

Just got my hands on a 1981 720 Kingcab 4x2 by accident, took my '91 Charade to be scrapped on the weekend and nextdoor offered me his ute since it was about to go to the same place. Needs alittle work for rego then I plan on giving it a tidy up. Since my background is rallying the ute will lean towards that style. My only problem is my mate has a Hilux with a 1JZ transplant, anyone from Performance Forums, and from the ACT, will know GSRman.

Oh yeah, was orginally planning on replaceing the Charade with a new Tiida leased through work. Might still happen which would be good for the 720.

Hey Ian, Welcome to datnet.

Might also help if you fill out your location field

Thanks for reminding me. Time got abit tight this morning when I wrote that with my 2 year old running around the house.

Hi my name is Steve, 32 and i'm a internal salesperson in the Wholesale tyre industry. I have been doing tyres since i was 20yrs old. I'm still fresh to the Datsun owners with owning 2 Datsuns first, a 120y fastback with a CA18det. I got the taste of power with this car only having minimal mods and did 12.3 @ 110mph. The pursuit for faster times grew until the car got done by DOT because they were inspecting a dodgy blue plater who happened to do my plate. Long story short, Would of cost more to fix it than to start again.

So I decided on wanting a 1200 sedan for my CA to be bolted into but I found a 120y sedan which I currently own at the wreckers for $300. I have always wanted to be different to the others out there and Kev Rowley previously planted the seed as to thinking maybe a RB20 will fit in the hole. I went and bought a RB20 and stripped it and so the process began to "bolt in" the RB20... My thought changed from manual to auto, much to the dislikes of my mates. Anyway... They are now building an assortment of cars with all except 1 being auto Well my car has had plenty of up's and downs and plenty of people saying that it wont work... Well it worked with factory management to get a 11.08 @ 118mph on 205/50r15 tyres. Now the car is being painted and i'm indecisive on the colour, the engine will now be a hybrid RB20 with cams and aftermarket management chasing down some quick times. I love the looks on peoples faces when I sit in traffic. The most comments have been along the lines of "thats not a standard 120y motor is it" followed by a thumbs up. I would really like to race a Porsche or some other exotic european car at the drags some time, that would be funny to see. I love it.

Cheers

Steve

hi guys my name is Rio from kuala lumpur malaysia.im working as a pilot with Malaysia airlines.current ride is 510 circa 1972, 4door with all the original specs L engines and stuff.curent daily driven car is an Sti ver 9.

hope to swap the 510 with sr20det S15 engine soon.its gathering dust and rust even : )

i travel to melbourne like twice a month and hope to meet datsun lover there if thats ok.

cheers

Hi everyone, I'm Alistair, 18, and finished school 3 days ago! No idea what I want to do for the rest of my life, something that will allow me to fund my Datsun projects. I live south of Melbourne in Victoria, and am looking for fellow enthusiasts in the area.

I currently have 2 Datsuns. One green 200B GX that can be viewed in the 'Project Cars' forum. I got it when I was 14, have rebuilt it several times, and sometimes it works. It's not that fast but leaves Conformadores for dead as soon as you put a corner in the road. This is my project car/daily driver and I am planning on never selling it.

The other one is a 200B SX. No idea what I'm doing with this, so if anyone wants it, PM me. It's a rolling shell but has a very straight body.

As I said before, I'm looking for other Datsun enthusiasts in the area, can't seem to find any. All of my friends are sick of fixing my car now but it seems to be working ok at the moment. I'm planning on sticking with the L20B as I really want a loud, old school cruiser. No-one around here likes Datsuns, in fact there are hardly any others around

It's nice to see a broad range of cars and ideas around here, I hope everyone's projects turn out well.

Hi Lads

My name is Shaun im 28, I Have been ito datsuns since i was about 18 have had 3 1600's 1 was Z18t, 1 was L20turbo, 1 was L18, 1 1200 wagon A15 with 5speed, 3 stock 120y's, few rotors, 92 manual fairlady, the list goes on up to about 38cars!!! I still own a KE10 corolla with a FJ20turbo has run 10.91 @ 128mph and a 1600 with a hi comp L20 and webers 17inch wheels but fairly stock. Daily driver is a new VZ ute which I use for work. I run a Bridgestone Tyre Centre here in Adelaide.

Hey guys,

My names Mike, i'm from Brisbane and i'm 20 years old. I've owned 4 dattos, thursday comes the fifth.

The first was an orange L16 1600, just painted, interior, monmo wheel, "bling" wheels and "gun16" plates i chucked on (You may know the car in a different state now)

The second was a brown auto 1200 sedan daily.

Then i sold them both to buy an already converted 1600 (MYZ18)

But wasen't in the position to own a car like that so bought a 1200 ute to daily around.

Now my dream has come true as my first datto comes back into my garage thursday night (GUN16) but will not have the plates on it.

Oh and i work in the pharmacy as a storeman in a hospital.

hey all ,

cheers jono

Hey dude i owned gun16 when it was in that stage, have i met you before?

Mike

Nik, 27, from Bayswater in the eastern 'burbs in Victoria. (where housing prices are driving my nuts.)

Mechanical Engineer, working in R&D.

Learnt to drive in a 1972 Datsun 1600 auto, and then converted her over to manual with L18. Currently the BIG rebuild is underway for an SR20DET with custom chassis bits and pieces. Began the rebuild when I was in my first year at uni... 7 Years later I might have stage 2 finished. Nearly there...

Owned a Nissan C210 Skyline (good 'ol L24 fuel injection). It had heaps of rust in it Broke a main shaft in it and that was about it... Oh, and the head was leaking like a sieve.

Currently own a white HR31 two door skyline coupe. R32 RB20DET with factory turbo (HAHAHAHhaha), bilstein/kings suspension, Mines computer, 3" dump to muffler, and some other stuff..

Oh and i also forgot to mention i am the old "flapdat" (mods can delete that account if they wish?)

Thanks guys, can't wait to be out and about in the new datto

Oh and i also forgot to mention i am the old "flapdat" (mods can delete that account if they wish?)

Thanks guys, can't wait to be out and about in the new datto

Welcome to Datnet, imho you have the best SR20 on here.. hehehe

Hi i'm Harry i live in wagga wagga nsw (technically a hole coz the rock is higher above sea level than wagga) so im 13, love dattos currently very slowly fully rebuilding an A15 with a 32/36 weber (have to find one for cheap) and little street cam

hey im joel from Lismore lol , ive always had a thing for old school cars but when i laid eyes on my 180b sss i had to have it. scince ive had it ive learnt alot (mosltly from these forums) im 19 and work as an apprentice chef, so work on my car is always a slo process because of gay award wages lol. the love for dattos increses more everytime i come on these forums and look at other peoples builds etc. i have only just recently completed my conversion, it was hard work and a steep learning curve but worth it in the end i look foward to coming out on crusies and meets as often as i can.