• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
PRO-20T

<Attention New Users> Welcome Thread, Introduce Yourself

Hey my name is Michael,Im 22 and from the northside of Brisbane.

Don't own a datsun, but am working on getting my dad to get project underway.

I have previously owned a datsun with sr20 conversion and was on these forums at the time. I was forced to sell it as the Transport Department got wind that the conversion performed was "off the books". I purchased the car with the conversion already done, saw the blue plate and thought nothing of it...almost a year down the track, i took it to an engineer to check out a few things, and he informed me that the blue plate was dodgy. In the end i was forced to unregister it and sell it.

This was a couple years ago now, and i currently own an eg civic with type r motor/gearbox/brakes/suspension stripped for track duties. I've always still had my passion for the datsun, and check carsales and these forums regularly for a datsun to pop up. Over the last few months though, it has been getting really bad...and for the last few weeks have been scouring the project threads for inspiration and ideas.

Anyway, thats my story...Hopefully with a bit of luck, I'll be able to start working on another datsun soon...but for the meantime, thought i would chuck some pics up of my old baby.

resize_of_img_8335_168.jpg

resize_of_img_8778_141.jpg

resize_of_img_8717_789.jpg

resize_of_img_8692_174.jpg

dattonewrims1_158.jpg

dattonewrims2_201.jpg

Hey Guys havent been on the Forum for ages then when i tried getting on it said username didnt exist anymore so

i started again.

(no access to Fellas section anymore bites though )

Name....Nigel

Location..Wollongong

Ride....R32 GTST

Occupation....Manwhore

Hey Nigel, the whole forum got replaced with a newer version and everyone had to re-register. Good to see you back on here aswell, now upgrade that R32 to a Datsun

Hey Nigel, the whole forum got replaced with a newer version and everyone had to re-register. Good to see you back on here aswell, now upgrade that R32 to a Datsun

Trust me i would love too get another Datsun. Will keep my eyes open and see what is around.

Trust me i would love too get another Datsun. Will keep my eyes open and see what is around.

sure nigel ,

im sure that your happy hanging around the gong with your skyline mates

sure nigel ,

im sure that your happy hanging around the gong with your skyline mates

Of course

I would not be selling the Riceline but would not mind getting another Datsun as well.

Hi im chris,i have owned over 50 dato's in my time,my first was my 10th b'day(dato 1000)i now own a 200b sss coupe,(MR200B)sr20det,iv had 1x1000,2x1200 sedans and 1 wagon,3x120y's,6xstanza's,6+x1600's,4x180b's,4x200b coups,and 1xwagon, and 4xsedans,3xsunny coups,3xsedans,3xbluebird sedans, and 2xwagons,and all the ones iv forgotton,so i guess u can tell im a bit of a dato fan , im just starting out on my own bussiness floorsanding,sanding timber floors and polishing,bussiness is called SSS Floor Sanding, call me on 0410435351.Im in the sydney area so if you need your floors done i can give you a price,anyway theres my free plug, cheers guys

hey guys...im steve...people jus call me scubs...short for scuba steve

have only owned one datto...my sunny ute...dont think il ever own another one, as this one will stay with me forever...

have owned a s14 200sx, lancer gsr and 2 s13 silvias...both ca18T...one stock, one heavily modded...

jus became a qualified shopfitter at the age of 21...cheers fellas....

Hey there my name is Michael im 25 from the Hills district.

To get coin I operate my 20T excavator all over Sydney.

My ride is 76 Datsun 180B with FJ20 Turbo powerplant.

Ive owned this for 7 years its my pride and joy. All we need now is a paint job!!

Hi my name is Jason I live in Perth w.a. I moved over here from Sydney i have owned about 6 Dato 1600 in my years.

Iam about 38 so these cars are as old as me i fell in love with them when they were top rally cars but was unfortunatly not allowed to own one till i twisted the old mans arm.I had the 180B when i got my licence. I have purchased a 1600 from Adelade as there are stuff all around here in Perth , a bloke known as the Bently Butcher has wrecked so many.You don' see them on the rad any more over here. Hope to one day do the sr20 conversion but have plenty of work before that happens.

Iam a boilermaker welder and will do most of the work my self its motivating to see the high level of work being done on these cars.

My first Datsun was a 1968 Datsun 1600 bought second hand for $700 in 1976. Fantastic car. Unfortunately I didn't know then how great a car it was. I didn't spend any money on it except for new tyres and getting the brakes fixed, oh yes and I added oil too. It died in 1985. I put it on blocks intending to repair it, but gave it away a few years later.

My current car 1976 Datsun 120Y, I bought for $400 in 2001 is an excellent car too, and I've cared for this one much better, with regular services and so on.

I reckon keeping an old car like this in good condition is environmentally sound. I'm still getting 5.8 to 6 litres per 100 km about as good as a new hybrid, but the carbon went into the atmosphere 30 years ago. Thus my total carbon emissions are around 1.3 tonnes per annum and if we all emitted at that rate we would meet the 90% cut in emissions within 10 years.

Unfortunately rust is slowly eating it away, and I don't have any shelter for it.

I've gone back to study as a mature age student and once I graduate expect to have the money to throw at getting it restored to pristine condition.

I like your environmental angle DT - nice work

Maybe we can all join together and lobby the federal government, ......bugger it, the dept of conservation and environment for registration discounts on older cars?

My names Josh (20 yo) live on the Gold Coast, origianaly from Victoria, i'm 3rd yr apprentice electrician i've had 4 datsuns, 3 of which were 1200 utes, A14, A14 Turbo then to CA18det and building another one atm, one CA18det 1600 and a nissan Urvan lol which i have atm also. I've also owned, an N13 pulsar, 2 gemini's (one i started tro put a ca18det in), 2 manual commodores, 1989 integra (padock basher).

hey my names matt, but people tend to call me moffo cause of my last name. im 21 i live in the shire. iv been browsing the forums for like the past 3-4 years but never really stoped to chat. iv been on various cruises in various dato's. i bought my first dato back in 2005 off mark (DA75IN)'s cousin it was a nice little sky blue a15 1200 ute. i got an instant chubb when he took me in a run for it. after that i had a stock 200b completley original i bought unregistered uninsured for 600 bucks, that i drove home from wollongong at 4pm in the arvo (naughty naughty) oh the invinsibility u have with green P plates. after i sold the 200b, i then bought alicia's (MS.P510)'s old blue 1600 with L18 n twin SU's. which was probly the funnest car iv ever owned. then i took a turn as all p platers do when the feel asthough they have boulders between there legs, i bought a 180sx n tried to get into drifting. with the lack of skill and money i decided to sell this fine car to ralphy (D A T T O) which i dont think he held onto it for long time. then i bought a sprinter which i funnily enough got reemed (defected to the shithouse) on boxing day 2006 and sold to bebbo (SIKBRO) for like 5g's. so im kinda linked to a few members on here hehe, so in june 2007 i thought i better get my ass back in a dato. n now im rolling in a great little worked a15 wagon i picked up for $2700. thats my story! ill probly be more active on the forums now that i have a broken arm n cant drive and im unemployed yay. ill make a feature car thingy tomoz when i can get sum pics. hi all!

Hey there.

Jason, 17 from Perth WA.

I'm a mechanic-turned retail parts-bitch, thanks to unfortunate financial and life circumstances

I've got my 2nd 1600 now, had to sell my other one (which was also my first car) because I couldn't afford to keep it

Currently turning my 1600 into a daily-driven racecar, and I plan to build an angry L16 rally 1600 to compete in endurance rallies.

Hey my names Josh, 23 yr old printer from Bankstown

Currently in the Market for another 1600, but don't worry I won't pinch yours.

Previously owned 71 1600 with CA18 known as OLDSCL

My 06 ford fiesta is what gets me from a to b atm, should put one of those motors in a 1600

My aim is to build a 1600 with a CA to take it to all you FJ an SR's

Hi guys im new to this site.

My name is Gryff, im 18 and im a 2nd year sheetmetal fabrication apprentice.

I have had a few differnt cars, Nissan Pulsar, Holden Gemini and my current ride a Subaru Liberty.

I am looking at a new weekend project/cruiser. I have always loved the 1200 and 1600 and now i finaly have enough money for one! I need to get away from the geminis to!

Thanks.

My Name's Ross.

I'm A 21 year old. Living in the Blue Mountains.

Work as a Uni Student by weekdays, Hardware Store boy By weekends.

Had my old Green 1600, Full House L18 (minus the Twin 45's, If only i had the money). Fully Restored etc etc.

Looking to get my second 1600 Project. Wanna go the Twin Cam FJ20 route, but would be happy with a full 2400 Stroker.

Only issue... I need the shell to start with, if anyone knows of one, let me know!

Currently Driving a 98 Rx Impreza, Not wasting money on Mods for this one. Saving it for the Worthy Datto Cause!

name is robert

live in castle hill in sydney

i've had datsun 1600's since 2003. original one was on the road for about six months before i replaced the whole suspension with datsport parts. drove it like that for a few months before deciding to change the l20 to sr20. pulled the thing apart and it was rooted. most of the floor was missing as well as the roof. so i've had a garage full of really good parts and have been building the stockpile up till i find a good shell and i have the cash.

daily drive is an xr5 focus and i've got a vh commodore wagon with an efi v8 in it as well

name is robert

live in castle hill in sydney

Welcome Robert - Castle Hill then. Good to see you are on the 'right' side of town

Yes, you are dead right there Ben, the Shire that doesn't go around telling everyone.....

I had no idea that having an abundant supply of nuclear energy over your back fence was so valuable

I had no idea that having an abundant supply of nuclear energy over your back fence was so valuable

we got the hacking and cronulla beaches.. what does north west have that could beat those?

we also have the highest teenage suicide rate going around too..