• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Max

Shoutbox Here......

Shoutbox  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Bring Back the Shoutbox ?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Datsun 1600

Yeah, but the forums don't tell me what my "friend" (that I've never met, and don't really want to meet) had for breakfast this morning.

Having built Datsun's before the internet was invented, and after, forums like this are a huge time / money saver.

Faceless book is ruining the world. How many peanuts do to see driving and fbing at the same time.. . Time

to start adding more content on here. Your too right baz. .where will the younglings get their immediate want it now response once these sites are gone

Hits are still up, just not the interaction.

It's tough times that we need to adapt to, but I don't see an end. As the others suggested, there is so much documented knowledge in forums that Facebook can't match. If anything, the bullshit moves to fb and the good stuff on here is only refined.

i dont think many are building their cars of late... Might be a good time to go thru some of the 'projects' & give them a rev up.. There was a time when peeps would post up when they pumped up their tyres & what pressure they ran..!!

Here goes...

• Like 1

Yep, I haven't been doing much the last year or two. Both my parents have Alzheimers / Dementia - the wife and I are trying to keep them in their own home rather than a nursing home, but that means constant visits to make sure they are OK, haven't forgotten to take their medication, haven't forgotten to eat, etc.

In other news, I found some time to get down to Phillip Island for the 6 hour regularity relay weekend before las, with the (boo, hiss) Qld Z Club. And yes, I did have to pump up the Toyo R888's, used 28psi !

And I may have started planning for an Historic Group Sb race Datsun, doing the bucket list thing before I get too old :yes:

Looks like I'll be taking a different direction with my NDN13 Philip Island plans.

Picking up a 4 door 1600 soon. May probably end up FJ'ed.

Hopefully will be quick on the circuit and not be a embarrasment at the show.

i took the car cover off mine just to check if it was still under there.

there will be alot of progress in the coming months,so stay tuned,i may even learn how to post pics.

Do tell g.. .is it red? ...

Dave, what are the specs required for the historic race car ?. Can you build one or have to use an old racer ?

Group N - historic touring cars, you can build one, doesn't have to be an old racer. Fairly limited modifications allowed (eg 1600's must run an L16 / 4 speed box). Most common models have a spec sheet listed with CAMS that you must abide by - eg the 1600 one is here http://cams.com.au/Sport/Historics/Logbooks_and_COD/Specification_Sheets/~/media/Files/Sport/Historics/Historics/Group%20N/Datsun%201600%20-%20Nc.ashx

Group S - historic sports cars, you can also build one, similar deal with very limited mods allowed - I'm looking to build a Fairlady for this group, and will have to run original brakes, original 1600 engine, original 4 speed (can change ratios though).The modifications allowed are mainly for safety (eg, I can run a dual circuit brake master cylinder rather than the old single circuit one) or where it can be proven that a part was available as an option on the car back in the day, so Solex carbs are allowable on the Fairlady for instance.

Despite being pretty much "production" categories, some of the cars are very well prepared, pretty quick (and expensive :confused: ) - last FoSC meeting I was at, there was a Group N 1600 getting around Wakefield in 1:14, not bad for L16 power.

Then you get into other categories (Group T, U and plenty of others) that cater for old racers with a documented history - this is where I would imagine cars like Graeme's old 1600 racer would fit. For those, you have to pick a period in the car's history then build it to those specifications.

I'm hoping to get into it as cheap as possible, before I get too old :whistling: . I don't pretend that I'll be ultra competitive and bring home any trophies, just want to give it a go. Had a few friends lately with health problems, deaths, my parents are pretty much stuffed, etc - makes you think that perhaps you should get out and do things while you still can.

Some stuff we are playing around with.

Ive seen these in the flesh Baz.. Very impressed with the design.. Please explain for the others...?

Hey all i just got a new garrett gtx turbo from a site in the states called www.cheapturbo.com and can definately reccomend these guys they had awesome service and were very cheap and it only took 3 days to get here with fed ex

Im keen to build a 'Long Rod' L20b for Raz.. Something different...