• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
OLDSCL

Requesting Some Help

Hey fella's been a long time.

I've come back up to Sydney for the weekend to sort out selling my car. its been sitting for about 18 months

here my problem, the brake pedal is going all the way to the floor, and from what i can tell the brakes are on?

The old girls not starting either, worth while changing sprak plugs first?

any sugestions or if your in the yagoona area any assistance would be appreciated and rewarded.

feel free to contact me on 0402 464 350

cheers

Hi Josh! brakes could be an issue with rear wheel cylinders, they are notorious for corroding, leaking and seizing brakes esp when left to sit. Try jacking up each end of car to work out which wheel is stuck.

For the not starting drama, give the spark plugs a clean with some wet or dry paper. Go get a can of aerostart or start ya bastard and spray a bit down open carby throat before (and maybe during) cranking

Good luck!

Would love to help but am at Eastern Creek tomoro

Thanks Jeff, ended up getting it started, I'll try your suggestion tmrw

How did you go josh ?

Jeff Suggested a couple of things to try, I'm back up tmrw to give em a go

No probs. If you need any help Josh, give us a holler mate.. .

Well, i got the brakes free, but got nothing on the brake pedal, I'm up again this weekend if anyones available with a little more know how then me and try and get the bugger fixed. cheers guys

Well, i got the brakes free, but got nothing on the brake pedal, I'm up again this weekend if anyones available with a little more know how then me and try and get the bugger fixed. cheers guys

Josh, how did you get the brakes free ?.. The hyd/ brake systems aren;t what they used to be ... Ive had a car in my workshop, with zero miles , 5 years old & the master was leaking... Need to start with that first. Take the bleeder nipple off & put your finger over it & re bleed.. ( for god sake wet the master & surrounding paint with water & put a wet rag under the master . you will need a hand..a 2 man job.. i'll PM you my number...