• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   10/01/2015

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wlf89

1982 Datsun 720 Help Please

3 posts in this topic

need help my truck will not idle or take gas right.it was running like a new one untill i quite driving it about a month ago so i could paint it. and now it will not idle or take the gas when i push the pedal just sputters instead of revving up. i took the carb apart and blew carb cleaner and air thru all the jets and holes in the carb but didnt help it. i also noticed my tach is acting screwy goin a constant speed down the road the tach will go from 2000-3000 back and forth which sounds like it could be electrical related but when i choke the carb about half way it will smooth out and run good. i have changed all the filters at the tank and at the carb and blew thru my gas lines they are not stopped up. i can take my gas line off coming out of the pump to check the pump and put my finger over the line and it doesnt seem like it has enough pressure doesnt even blow my finger off the line is this right? any help at all is greatly appreciated this is my ride to work and really need it fixed. thanks alot.

check the accelerator pump? I think its called, on carby the diaphram used to fail on my old dato

if you mean the pumper plunger i put in a new old one that i had if that makes sense. and it ran good untill i started to leave for a test drive and started doing the same thing again. so i dont know if it was a coincendence (sp) or has something to do with the plunger?