• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
Super

Chasis Twist

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of how much power can be run in a datsun chasis before it starts to twist ??

Ive been running about 240kw atw in my datsun 180b with no probs, but Ill be going upto 300 - 350 kw atw soon and was wondering if this will be a problem.

if so is there anything that can be done to avoid this?

Cheers

Edited by Super

I have 320kw at the wheel in my Sunny and no signs of any stress yet ( touch wood)

Thanks for your input FJPVAN,

You have put my mind at ease, As I don't want to put a roll cage in and also it looks like I wont be going past the 300kw mark.

I considered using expandable foam in the chassis rails for extra strength, as recommended by Baz from Datsport but its been painful trying to source the 2pac Foam, and knowing your running 320kw on a Sunny I guess I should be ok...

Fez