• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   10/01/2015

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Dr Buff

Custom Shortened Lsd Diff For 120Y Coupe

2 posts in this topic

Hi there Guys

I've been having issues with an old Bluebird ten bolt diff in the back of my 120y Coupe ( not to mention its a locker ) and this diff just has to go. It's basically destroying steering components, unis, suspension, handling ability and shaking the car to pieces as time goes on. Although I replaced the diff bearings to quieten it down, the ring and pinion are also noisy. Over the noise, " ABSOLUTELY OVER IT "

The other problem I have is it bottoms out on the floor pan because the car is low and I don't really want to raise the car because it looks really good the way it is. IT HAS TO GO and I either need somebody to make a new LSD.... " QUIET " ......diff that can fit snugly under the floor pan and possibly maybe give a little more suspension travel without bottoming on the floor pan but, at the same time, must also be able to handle the punch it puts out. It's hooked up behind a pretty healthy CA18 and needs to handle what comes out. If it can't be done with a complete new diff conversion, then I can settle for a complete new LSD diff centre alone but I need somebody who knows their s#$t

Can anybody recommend someone in Sydney that can assist with this ?

Cheers Guys :thanks:

Pete