• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Dr Buff

Custom Shortened Lsd Diff For 120Y Coupe

Hi there Guys

I've been having issues with an old Bluebird ten bolt diff in the back of my 120y Coupe ( not to mention its a locker ) and this diff just has to go. It's basically destroying steering components, unis, suspension, handling ability and shaking the car to pieces as time goes on. Although I replaced the diff bearings to quieten it down, the ring and pinion are also noisy. Over the noise, " ABSOLUTELY OVER IT "

The other problem I have is it bottoms out on the floor pan because the car is low and I don't really want to raise the car because it looks really good the way it is. IT HAS TO GO and I either need somebody to make a new LSD.... " QUIET " ......diff that can fit snugly under the floor pan and possibly maybe give a little more suspension travel without bottoming on the floor pan but, at the same time, must also be able to handle the punch it puts out. It's hooked up behind a pretty healthy CA18 and needs to handle what comes out. If it can't be done with a complete new diff conversion, then I can settle for a complete new LSD diff centre alone but I need somebody who knows their s#$t

Can anybody recommend someone in Sydney that can assist with this ?

Cheers Guys :thanks:

Pete