datnet.org
  • Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   10/01/2015

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
ozieagle

Clutch hydraulics help

ozieagle    0

Hi Guys & Gals

I've come here for some tech assistance, for my MGB with a Datsun Bluebird 5 speed gearbox.

I did this conversion sometime ago, and have been chewing through pressure plates. My clutch guru tells me that it is because there is too much movement at the throwout bearing, which is true. The MBG clutch slave is 32mm and the master is 22mm.  Which is my question, what is the ID of the clutch slave cylinder? I know the master cylinder is 5/8" (16mm), but don't know what the 5 speed had as a slave. I know and have tried both a 19mm and 22mm, but with the MGB master they both produce too much movement. I'm wanting to correct the relationships so that there is the correct movement, but don't know what the slave ID is , from the factory.

Thanks for any info.

Herb