Sign in to follow this  
GREEN16

Parts in Perth

Is everyone else having drama's finding original parts over here as well?

If not share some info... I have spares of sorts like head light parts it is the larger things like panels I can't get.

I have noticed that someone, maybe from here has been trying to get a front and rear bumper out of the Quokka for like the last year and a half.

Cheers Mick

yeah they are hard to get a hold of mate.. and thats the exact reason why im keeping a hold of my 2 spare bonnets and my spare pair of front fenders...

I have been stupid in the past in selling off F + R bumpers, doors and panels for cheap prices...

i have learned now tho..

good luck

No such dramas in the 1000 world.

You boys need to find some people with a few old 1600s they are willing to part out. there are a couple of guys here that have a few 1000s each and are willing to part em out for little bits you need. one guys place has been dubbed "the 1000 graveyard". Panels can still be a little hard to come by... but 1000s dont rust so you usualy dont need any

It is getting to the point where I am looking at making my own fibreglass guards and making anything I can't buy...

Although when I bought my 1600 a few years ago the fella can't remember his name for the life of me gave me some spares which have been handy.

He had a white 1600 with an SR20t and lived in kingsley from memory....... Now I think of it he had a sweet ride and that's the level I would like to get to...... eventually.

Mick

ive been searching high and low for the rear number plate lamp for the 1600 but to no avail, so ive sed stuff it im gonna make my own out of stainless steel and it will look very similar if not the same as the original .

But if anybody does have a tail lamp then let me know.

ive been searching high and low for the rear number plate lamp for the 1600 but to no avail, so ive sed stuff it im gonna make my own out of stainless steel and it will look very similar if not the same as the original .

mate i got a spare one if you want

mate i got a spare one if you want

hahaha SOLD!!! PM me with details mate

eBay is very useful at times but I have also found it has driven the prices of items up and made it more competitive, although in saying that I have got a few bargains off it of late.

When i have all my parts , i will list all the shops i used for all my NOS parts .

Glenn, Will follow your lead. Most of the parts I will be getting will be standard type as first stage rebuild is resto to get the body ready to handle the heart transplant planned for the year 2020 or can afford it which ever comes first......

Mick

you could buy a non cult classic and have a heap less trouble

i think the name of the game is patience and realising that the postage cost ex east is less than the sadness of a half finished car....