• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
FIVETEN

FIVETEN

I hid them on the computer so the missus couldn't find em - and now have forgotten where that was.........

I forgot to get pics of the car in rego hi mode now its all back together ready for summernats. This morning we put the old girl onto jakes performance dyno to tune it up properly with the large cams, 15 minutes later on 15psi and with the variable cam gears on 0 an 0 it reeled off 405.2 rwhp. this is on caltex vortech just from the local servo just so i know when ever i drive it places its capable of taking most pump gasses. im very happy with this power and to drive it feels very strong but after the summernats when i start driving it around more i am going to dial in the cams and tune it up to around 22psi. i have also found with the larger rolling diameter of the 17x11's its very lazy on the road meaning in 5th gear at 100 its only revving to around 2400 rpm. this is even with the 3.9's it has so also in the new year i am going to put some 4.7's in it which i calculated to bring the revs up to around 3100 rpm. much better.

if anyone is down at the nats let come past say hi..

end update:D

Hey Aaron I did make the journey down to the nats from Nth Qld this year. I have to say the nats seems to have lost its flair from previous years. Ur car looked great got a heap of photos, young fella who is 7 loved it was good to see it in the flesh.

Bought a 72 1600 for the boy on the weeknd will have 2 post some photos (finally on broadband)

Good work on the car

Cheers

hey mate you should have come past and caught up...

yeah the nats has lost its flair so to say. its fairly yobo fest.

Just face up to it fellas (I have...) The nats haven't changed - YOU'RE JUST GETTING OLDER

Just face up to it fellas (I have...) The nats haven't changed - YOU'RE JUST GETTING OLDER

speaking of getting old when do the invites for your 40th come out?????

When I start to act my age...

Am planning a BIG one in 2011 actually - stay tuned.

Provided Fitzy doesn't bollock us for hijacking his glory thread first that is.....

Provided Fitzy doesn't bollock us for hijacking his glory thread first that is.....

well if he put some pictures up of his car like he said he was going to we wouldnt need to hijack his thread now would we? :D

I had a look for ya Aaron but didnt see ya

Missus was too happy the pissers seem to come out early this year

Canberra has changed a bit I left after Nats 14

HIjack time

Jeffro youre older than me not much but ur still older old MAN!!!!! :lol:

glory hahaha

i'll post some pics this week so don't cry

i'm abit worried this year i'm 24

That was my 14th summernats, They have changed, But so has a lot of things in life, But i'll be there next year,

I tried to se you at the nats Aaron, saw your car, But as you know its pretty full on when you have a car there, line ups, cheanging tyres etc,

here is some photos from the weekend

datnet-1.jpg

datnet_2.jpg

datnet_3.jpg

datnet_4.jpg

datnet_5.jpg

i think it was around a 50 kay round trip which is the biggest single drive i've taken it out on

still excited about it actually

No seatbelts??

I cant see any anywhere... unless its a grey 4 point harness that the passenger is wearing in that last pic...

Looks good to see it finally on the road none the less.

A show car that actually works??? Wow....

Congrats!

yea no seat belts the clips are out at the chromers getting redone so they look good again

Yea it is good to enjoy it

lookin good mate. finally we see it being driven on the streets. top work again. :good:

I dont know if my eye's are playing tricks on me ,but it looks like your front wheels need aligning

probably its got way to much camber for my liking its booked in this week to get aligned

powercruise we are taking my brother's gtr, SMOKEU procharged big block hj, 2DESIRE blown vr gts, and OR032 rb30 auto gtr, ON GAS sbc lc torana.

Should be a good weekend i can't wait...

Thanks mate

just letting everyone know i will be bringing the car to the Queensland Hot Rod show on the 2-4th of may @ the brisbane RNA Showgrounds fortitude valley.

would be good to see some neat datto's while i'm up there

car is loaded into the trailer we are leaving tomorrow morning Saturday morning the show starts......

Would be good to catch up with a few QLD guys

We have just got back from the 2600km round trip to the Brisbane hotrod show. It was a very successful weekend with the car winning. TOP STREET MACHINE OF SHOW, TOP TEN, TOP SEDAN, TOP PAINT and TOP UNDERCARRIAGE. Very happy with the Results. Now we count to to Meguiar’s Superstars in July..