• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   10/01/2015

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Jet510

Finding 2 Door Sedan 1600

20 posts in this topic

hey guys... just want to know if anyone knew of a 2 door 1600 for sale.. or best place to find one.. mainly lookin for one to do up.. cheers.

They pop up every now and then. Your best bet would be to import one from overseas

just do what Tim in qld did and bog up the rear doors. You can only see the bog marks in direct sunlight and it fools most people.

HTH

i have been lookin around on the american ebay.. they have some really cool stuff. i have been in contact with the guy with the roller shell. he has imported about 14 2 doors in the past 7 years to one guy. dont know if he is in aus or not.. also has anyone seen the carbon fiber bonets the have for the 510 on ebay.. they look mad... only thing is freight that cost so much..

There is a guy on here called shaun.. Western containers he can get a car over here from the states for app $4100 + gst.. Its a safe and secure transaction. if you use him he is a club member .. the other thing you have to weigh up is if you get the shell here .. just think how much its going to cost you in frieght for all the bits and peices that you need to finish it off,. Chrome rubbers other trim pc`s id be inclided to buy a complete one already running and bring that over .. might cost you more upfront but well worth the excercise .. :)

he has imported about 14 2 doors in the past 7 years to one guy. dont know if he is in aus or not..

There is / was a guy in Mildura importing 2-doors and selling them over here.

Haven't seen him advertise any for a while, so maybe he's out of the game ?

And I'd agree with DA75IN - if you do import one, make sure it has all the 2-door specific stuff at the very least. If it were me, I'd be getting one that had all the US-specific stuff as well (rear number plate lights, side marker light, etc.)

yeh i was thinkin that today.. would be better and easyer to buy a complete car and bring it over.. would be even easyer if someone had one for sale over here.. will have to keep lookin and see what pops up..

the previous owner of mine came thru with a guy called wayne davis.....i think he has since got out of importing them.

was 4100 just for import costs?

was looking at selling mine but since have decided to push on with it..

That's the guy from Mildura.

yeah.. thats the guy who he said has imported a heap off him.. ill just have to keep lookin i guess..

hey guys... just want to know if anyone knew of a 2 door 1600 for sale.. or best place to find one.. mainly lookin for one to do up.. cheers.

Speak to ben PSI510. He has one that he was thinking about selling. unless its already sold

Speak to ben PSI510. He has one that he was thinking about selling. unless its already sold

Hi all, Yes if you find one for sale in America, email me at shawn@westerncontainers.com.au, and I will get a quote for you, including picking it from the persons house and delivering it to your door in Sydney, or anywhere in Australia,

cheers Shawn.

Nah it's not for sale this week :rolleyes: still got it !

Heres one if any one is still chasing a RARE LEFT HAND DRIVE 2 DOOR,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160621466122&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Fark- you dug that post up :miner:

Still cant believe this 2 door datsun is going so cheap. still 2 days to go and the winner can even drive the car home.

What a score.

Wayne Davis is the man to talk to in Mildura as thats who i brought mine of and is a great bloke to deal with,also Shaun Johnson selling his 3 or 4 he has is a ok bloke. Lol Shaun is a great mate so buy one of him

Wayne Davis is the man to talk to in Mildura as thats who i brought mine of and is a great bloke to deal with,also Shaun Johnson selling his 3 or 4 he has is a ok bloke. Lol Shaun is a great mate so buy one of him

Thanks Jas,

\Car just sold on ebay, spoke to new owner, wants to join SDC , do car up , put on historic rego,

He will pick up in the next couple of weeks, :thumbsup:

Jeez just read after typing an essay how old this post is...I've got 2 for sale if anyone needs one !

Edited by fveten