• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
anth

Anth's 1969 Datsun 1600 Fj20et

i know what you mean, but painting the lower quarters isnt something i can do with a pressure-pack and a bit of luck :p i'll keep an eye on it though and if it starts to spread ill get it done professionally

these are the wheel nuts im after, cant find them anywhere...gonna start going around to all the wheel shops soon. i tried one wheel shop and they didnt have them, also autobarn and supercheap didnt have them either

Ah okay thats fair enough. Keep an eye on it and remember, rust bubbles are like ice bergs... theres a shitload mare beneath the surface...

Those wheel nuts will be hard to find.. theyre a really old shape and size i think.. tried ebay?

I got mine off ebay, but theyre different to yours.. mine are just the chrome tapered wheel nuts that look alot like yours... but are slightly longer, and have a more squared end on them.

Cheap too! hehe :D

d975_1.JPG

yep those are the ones that everyone has, but they will look funny on my rims, i need the short ones.

the search continues...

hey mate nice work. just some questions bout your rear coil overs. do they have any effect on the ride or rear suspension dynamics? can the mounting point on the trailing arm break due to the excessive load on the one point? and where did you get em from n how much? cheers mate

Thats my question, whatre the coilovers like in the rear? Driven on them much? What do the manufacturers say about the stresses on the shock mount?

thanks for the kind comments :)

like i said before i dont really have much feedback cos ive barely driven the car since i put them in. as for the stress on the mounts, well some people say you need to re-enforce it, while others do not. i asked around on the510realm cos alot of the yanks run them, and they all seem to be doing fine without any re-enforcments. its only a street car so i dont think there will be too much load on them for the time being. one thing i plan on doing is making up a strut brace to connect the rear shock towers in the boot.

the coilovers are Troy Ermish Racing http://www.ermish-racing.com/510/coilovers.html

sorry i cant provide much help at the moment

Looks sweet anth :D

Let me know if you want me to make up the 8mm to 10mm adaptor. Ill be in the workshop on thursday, so i can make you one then and there. Free of charge of course.

ok so being the last day of the long weekend (melb cup) i decided to get into the garage, as horse racing does not interest me one bit...although i will enjoy going to Stakes Day next weekend with work in our marquee :drinks: :D

so on the agenda today was to fit my better front bumper, my new custom plates, fix up the front stone tray area, and polish/paint my wheels.

i managed to get all that done, except i only got one wheel finished cos it took way longer than expected.

so here we go..our starting point

gallery_108_42_81311.jpg

the incriminating area...not very pretty

gallery_108_42_89816.jpg

all masked up...gave the stone-guarded area a bit of sand, and started to hit it with some primer. first coat of a few..

gallery_108_42_117871.jpg

and now for some colour..first light coat..

gallery_108_42_145173.jpg

few coats later...

gallery_108_42_78641.jpg

finished product:

gallery_108_42_49521.jpg

and the one wheel i manged to get done:

started off like this...

gallery_108_42_71047.jpg

polished:

gallery_108_42_24087.jpg

finished product:

gallery_108_42_10866.jpg

and the car with everything done

gallery_108_42_101434.jpg

coming along nicely, especially like the look of the wheel all cleaned up, are they R31 skyline silhouette wheels just without the hubcaps?

was a nice day in melbourne town today, gave the old girl a wash and went for a drive with some mates...just a couple of pics of the front end after the wash since i had the car in the sun

gallery_108_42_84450.jpg

gallery_108_42_80667.jpg

pretty spewin that im missing the top part of the grill :( gotta get around to getting a replacement

those rear coil-overs are hot.. i think an order may be in the future. Awesome looking car as well.

Stock S13 SR20 wheel nuts look identical to the ones you want, i had a pile laying around for ages when i changed my rims, sold with the car though

what do we have here? finally got my bumper back..havent inspected it properly but so far it looks great

gallery_108_42_8935.jpg

yep its shiny!

gallery_108_42_12566.jpg

hopefully fit it tomorrow. just painted the brackets the same colour as the car so they blend in a bit (well thats the plan anyway)

also re-did the wheels in charcoal...the chassis black was too dark & shiny, looked very 80s :lol: i still have to do the 2 rear ones but its such a chore polishing those spokes and then masking everything up..i want to burn these stupid things =@

gallery_108_42_63088.jpg

thanks guys :)

but now i have two new problems....the number plate light surround & the tail lights now look shit compared to the bumper haha

it never ends!

thanks guys :)

but now i have two new problems....the number plate light surround & the tail lights now look shit compared to the bumper haha

it never ends!

Haha i know what you mean. You can get the numberplate lamp surrounding re-chromed, I did this so my advice is this. You know the wrinting above Ever wing japan i think it says, some of this fills in. So ask if they can fill it in to get rid of the writing completly. otherwise it looks a bit chaddy. I was extremly pissed when i saw the result. but then they explained why it was like that. (I ended up finding a NOS assembly latter on :yahoo:) And a set of NOS tail lights brings the back up nice too.

I keep noticing everytime i repair or replace something, it makes something else stand out more :vava:

all up is looking pretty good