• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
gun16

QLD Jamboree AUG 25/26

OFFICIAL QPDC RESPONSE

QPDC will be having a club display on Sunday, we will be hoping to have stickers for sale, flyers to handout and also members polo for delivery to thier respective owners

6 cars can be part of a club display, the final list is to be advised tonight via email and sms tommorow morning.

Hopefully we will be able to have Chris's bbq as it is a crowd pleaser. It would be great for all QPDC members to come to our tba spot and say hello.

Formal emails tonight

Sms update tommorow

SMS reminders fri afternoon.

Thanks from the QPDC team

what do you local guys think the weather will be like?

I'm coming up Thursday and on the coast it says few showers.

Fortunately it says Mostly fine Max 23 for Ipswich on Saturday - hope so

what do you local guys think the weather will be like?

I'm coming up Thursday and on the coast it says few showers.

Fortunately it says Mostly fine Max 23 for Ipswich on Saturday - hope so

Well put it this way, i cant remember the last time it rained for more than 20mins i cant see it lasting till the weekend and the bureau tends to agree.

Hey QPDC,

Jamboree is fast approaching!!

This is the biggest event on the calendar for the 4cyl/rotary/hi tech scene.

QPDC will be holding a club display on the Sunday (yes thats right club displays are on Sundays this year.)

We will have flyers to hand out and stickers for sale, so come grab one for your other datto.

The final list is confirmed we had some trouble tracking down our last car on the display.

Every attempt has been made to showcase all models but alot of 1200's are off the road at the moment and only paying members could be on the display.

So drumroll please the announced list is:

Trents 1200 coupe, SR20DE powered

McGregors 1600 sedan SR20DET powered

Ryans 1600 sedan FJ20DET powered

Dereks 1600 sedan SR20DET powered

Pierres 1200 wagon A14 powered

Nathans 1600 sedan SR20DET powered.

We will be handing out the QPDC shirts (yes finally!!!) to our members.

On top of this I have organised for 25 addtional stickers to be made up and will be ready for sale on the Sunday.

This is a great oppotunity to show case the club and I will have flyers to hand out and also will be accepting memberships on the day. (stickers for immediate delivery to those early enough

If you defintatley want to pay membership on the day or alternativley just want another sticker for your other Datsun please let me know so I dont sell them all on you.

Im looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

I also have a new camera im dying to try it out so look out for some great pics!

My mobile number is 0400 455 307, or look out for the sms reminder. Feel free to call me anytime if you have any questions.

Thanks

Derek (gun16)(webmaster/media/members)

RACING POSTPONED UNTIL SUNDAY

Updated 4pm Saturday Aug 25

We gave it our best shot people but, mother nature has decided other wise. The weather radar shows more rain showers coming. Even if it stopped raining it would take us at least 3 hours to dry the track. That would make it 7pm and the next problem is there would be no heat it the track. With the high horsepower of the Pro Compact & Pro Turbo cars it would be dangerous to put them on a cold surface.

Where to now? The Forecast is Mostly Fine for tomorrow (Sunday) so qualifying will continue kicking off at 8am sharp. We plan to squeese in 2 qualifiers for ET, Front Mod, All Motor Street 289, Extreme, Super Mod, Outlaw Sports Bike, Pro Compact & Pro Turbo before the start of racing. We hope you are able to join us for the Grand Final of the Sport Compact Group Drag Racing Series at the 2007 Castrol Jamboree at Willowbank Raceway. Stay tuned to this page for more updates as they come to hand.

was told it got cancelled as i arrived, not cool! im assuming that the club will be there when they set a new date.

was told it got cancelled as i arrived, not cool! im assuming that the club will be there when they set a new date.

We were there with pride, pics to follow.

Good to meet up with you Petern and Craigo

thanks for the pics derek they came up well. shame about the racing but it was good to catch up with everyone

thanks for the pics derek they came up well. shame about the racing but it was good to catch up with everyone

Thanks mate, i was wondering what was doing i have 50 pics of Datsuns on a Datsun site and only one comment.... lol

The photos are awsome dude, A great show of dato's up that way, Top stuff, Where are the girlie photos'Bring them on