• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
QIK510

Imported 2 Door 1600 From America

HI all,

I brought this car on ebay in May, It took 2 months 2 get here,

I have just put it onto Historic rego,

I'm the 3rd owner of this car, It was sold in Seattle, Washington state in 1970, It was a one owner car until 2004, Then the guy I brought it off, Brought it then in 2004, Put about 200 miles on it, Now it is all mine, :D

I got a car transpoter to pick up from his house, Then he took it 1000 miles to L>A , where it was packed for shipping to Sydney, Then I picked it up with my car tralier for Port Botany,

I then did a full service on it, Put the Ventition blind on the back window and changed the drivers seat for rego, as the original one was to ripped,

The original block came with the car, But at the moment it is running an 1800 with a single weber, Goes good, got it up to 150 k's , ran out of road, reckon it will do 160k's per hour,

2door1600sedan002kp9.jpg

The original block and the original seat

2door1600sedan004ps1.jpg

By qik510

Getting ready for rego

2door1600sedan003cg1.jpg

Left hand drive

2door1600sedan009hd7.jpg

2door1600sedan010wc2.jpg

The extra bars on the back and front are called coffin hangers, they were an extra by an arfter market company back in 1970, They also sold a luggage rack that went ontop of the boot lid, a nice wooden gear nob, nice vinal car mats, and there was one more thing they sold but can't think of it right now,

2door1600sedan013sb2.jpg

The plans are to leave it like this, and one day put the original block back( paint it original bue ) in car and original carbies

2door1600sedan012hx1.jpg

I love how the back windows open, Hope you enjoy the pictures, :D:D

Edited by dat16v
Fixed post title

Goes good, got it up to 150 k's , ran out of road, reckon it will do 160k's per hour

I assume you mean "track" there Shawn ;-)

Very nice looking car mate, can't wait to see it in the flesh - at Peakhurst show?

GO the towel rails!

I assume you mean "track" there Shawn ;-)

Very nice looking car mate, can't wait to see it in the flesh - at Peakhurst show?

GO the towel rails!

Yes I meant track, whoops, :rolleyes:

Thanks for that mate, I can't wait to get some photos' with yours,

But unfortunatly I can't make the Peakhurst show, I'm really spewing, But the wife has something planned,

Nice score there, magic.

I bet there are a few pissed off Septics, that that one

escaped to Oz.

Has it a smog pump & TPS ?

Nice score there, magic.

I bet there are a few pissed off Septics, that that one

escaped to Oz.

Has it a smog pump & TPS ?

I noticed a pollution pump on it that was disconnected

Shawn,

If you ever decide to sell this, ring me.

Rhys

Hi there Ryan,

How you been there mate?

Your phone won't be ringing from me about this car, :D:D

It's just to clean of a car, and I have always wanted one and now I have finally have one after all these years of being into 1600's,

Great car Shawn, Love to know you everything went with Shipping it here from LA, I work in Freight frowarding and we have a few office's in LA, probably abit late telling you this now. ANyway maybe if you want to get another one.

Great car Shawn, Love to know you everything went with Shipping it here from LA, I work in Freight frowarding and we have a few office's in LA, probably abit late telling you this now. ANyway maybe if you want to get another one.

Hi mate, Yes would love to bring another one over, But have a about 5 months more of paying this one off first, Once this is payed for , I will bring another one in next year, but the trouble is finding them, they are rare over there as well,

is it harder to bring in coupes from japan or 2-doors from america?

Just as hard as each other, You just have to do your home work to see how and which way is affordable to how much yu want to spend and also what you find and where it is in that country,

Mate thats one very nice 1600 ..good score alright.

Thanks for that mate, Yes I still can't believe It got it,

Turns a few heads when i have time driving it to.

Just as hard as each other, You just have to do your home work to see how and which way is affordable to how much yu want to spend and also what you find and where it is in that country,

At least we American blokes speak a similar language. :tongue:

At least we American blokes speak a similar language. :tongue:

Haha that's true John!

Hey, saw your blue 510 parked outside the Chinese restaurant the other night (on the big screen at the cinema ;-)

Hey, saw your blue 510 parked outside the Chinese restaurant the other night (on the big screen at the cinema ;-)

Okay, now I'm really jealous of you Aussies... :tongue:

This car is also from Seattle in America and I'm also the third owner of this 2 door as well, Brought 8 months ago, But only arived here in December due to me paying it off plus paying for car to be transported to La for shipping, PLus paying for shipping,

anyway it's now and on historic rego.

It is one nice datto, :D

Just got new white walls,

New seats trimmed by Dave at King trim at Emu plains Phone no is 0414 413 236 :D

new rear tail lights

New ventian blind,

New carpet,

Took it to the Sydney datsun meeting last month, on the way home the exhaust fell off :o , bloody good fun driving, was so loud, :D anyway has a new exhaust now,

greendatsun1600019.th.jpg

greendatsun1600017.th.jpg

greendatsun1600016.th.jpg

greendatsun1600007.th.jpg

greendatsun1600004.th.jpg

greendatsun5102door005.th.jpg