• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
FIVETEN

YLD.510

You're such a tease Fitzy - but I like your plans

i'll share with this car.. don't worrie

well if you guys send them to me i'm more then happy getting them done i have even got some plastic ones at work i'll send them off get them re chromed

can anybody help me find this type of grille and sourrounds i think its either a 68 or 69 one

Day1DSCF0091.jpg

Datsun.1968.PL510.WPL510.cover.USA.jpg

68front.jpg

photo510.jpg

and bumper overriders like these they are the things over the bumpers...

datsun510.jpg

yeah thats a 68 grille and surroundings and are very rare.

The 69 model grille is alot easier to get.

Thanks for the offer with the re-chroming of the vents i may have to take you up on that one day

68 model grilles are a different size too i think. they work with the eyebrow moulds that are different aswell.

i can find out for you tomorow arvo, or this weekend. ill put the grille from my 68 onto my 71 model. see how well it fits.

ive got 1 of those grill's in the roof of my garage somewere ... i might part with it

il have a look for ya on the weekend

as for overriders i think Baz sells them

thanks boys

i will have to go out to my farm and look around

i definatly want the 68 one though something a little bit different...

Hey, nice job so far FIVETEN. I saw your orange car in wagga a while ago and the workmanship was astounding. Look forward to seeing this one progress. Keep posting pics as it comes along.

Cheers.

I recently aquired a '68 grill for FREE!

But i hear they are worth upwards of $200? So mine is hanging off my bedroom wall appreciating

i sold them to puc12s last year some time i had no use for them so i sold them off

man i want a 68 grille

Is there such a big difference in the grills? All I know is SSS grill, normal and plastic..

I have a '68 model 510, but I'm not sure if it is still the original grill, just had it painted black.. what do the different grills on a 510 look like.. Could you post some pics? I'd like the newer style plastic JDM grill

hi I wasnt to sure if anyone chromed old plastics, as i can see they do going by your pictures,....are you able to give me any info on these places are that do this.....cheeers

So Mr Fitzy, whats the run down on the rear end setup and I'm not talking about the kind of rear end ryan is keen on I'm actually referring to this ride?

plans are make my r32 gtr rear fit in it... using some 1600 a arms which i plan to move inward around the 25mm mark... make my own adapter plates to mount the gtr hub assem.. thats my plan also got a nizmo 2 way center to go in in so i think it should be strong enough.... who re splined yours and jeffs???

i might just have to live with my 72 grille to i find a 68 or someone gives one up...

also all the badges and vents are die cast not plastic...

it would look better on my car then on your wall..

its not on the wall , but what a good idea , i might mount it in the lounge room

it would look better on my car then on your wall..

its not on the wall , but what a good idea , i might mount it in the lounge room

Mount it on the barbeque..

What grill is this??

frontlook.jpg

can anybody help me find this type of grille and sourrounds i think its either a 68 or 69 one

Day1DSCF0091.jpg

Datsun.1968.PL510.WPL510.cover.USA.jpg

68front.jpg

photo510.jpg

and bumper overriders like these they are the things over the bumpers...

datsun510.jpg