• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
FIVETEN

YLD.510

me riding ryan its the only way....

i've got some really cool shit for this car including a live axle transplat with coil over and 4 link...

yeah the plates are on my vy atm untill the day i can put them on the datto

Thats versaitility.

WILD 510 on a datto

WILD SLOW on a commodore.

:p

shit ay, next you'll be telling us kids are on the way. Common mate someone here has to be living the dream IE no wife, no responsibility except for building trick cars.

Sort it out!!!!!

no kids way to young for them at this stage.. Ryan is living the dream... we will live through him

updates are to come in the next couple off weekends i just need to get my camera back and take some photos...

been a few months done heaps of work. i probably should put some photos up but i'm extremly lazy and theres way to many.

can you post some pics of your old mans holden (FC??) if he's still got it? I always liked that thing.

Yea plan is to have it fully registered and be able to drive it around when ever I feel the need. It wont be getting a painted undercarriage.

heres a few more.

web_5.jpg

web_4.jpg

web_3.jpg

Hey Aaron,

As i said before it looks awesome,,, but you must really dislike IRS :lol:

Wow. This is going to be an amazing beast.

I'm about to start a very similar setup with mine.

If I could trouble you....Can you take some pics, or detail where you're connecting the rear 4-link set-up to the existing body. I can see you fabricated the rear clip assembly, but where are you connecting it to the existing body?

Also, I assume VL turbo diff?

i wish my only datto was going to be this good, let alone having a show stopper 1600 aswell as an insane streeter. Can't wait to see it complete

Hey Aaron were you originally going to put an S14 rear end in this? Or am I thinking of a different car?

I was originally going to put a r32gtr rear end in it then we put that into my brother 240k sedan instead. Then when i started accumulation part for this thing again i decided for how expensive it is and the lack of rubber still on the ground decided to put some big girls on it instead.

No l20 for this one unfortunaly Ryan. They are far to expensive and don't make enough power to turn stockies let alone 295's

i'm currently making a new tunnel up as the old one was shit and to small. its got a little recess for the 3.5" exhaust.

driveline combo is thus far FJ20 turbo. full manualised 3spd keas jatco. borg warner with billet axles and either 3.9 or 4.11 diff gears

there will be some fairly trickey things to come scott from instight and Jake from Jakes performance have talked me into methanol for racing duties.....

I would love to get this thing done for summernats but i am not sure wheather the bank balence will allow it.

Very cool Fitzy :thumbsup:

Good to see I'm not the only one who gets 50% the way down the path of a plan then completely change it. Though your budget is a tad healthier than mine....