• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
autoshotz

Project 510 - 1972 Datsun 1600, SR20DET Conversion

this should be a great car when finished, and i suppose considering that you see so many good modified cars, that you are trying to eclipse them in build quality?? maybe?

Looking great already

Thanks mate, well thats the plan, but we all know how plans can go pearshaped pretty quickly? I just want to do it right and look back and say "far out, I did it"

Lame I know!

Hey mate how'd it go fitting the bits in? I've got the same datsport supplied shocks/springs in mine, the change from the monroes was awesome! Look forward to seein more of these pics, rear brakes look saweet

Ok, Guys have managed to put all the above parts together and throw them into the car! Here are the pics. All this stuff that was sent from Baz @ datsport was soo easy, it all went together like a Jigsaw puzzle

IMG_9945.jpg

IMG_9946.jpg

IMG_9947.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg

IMG_9952.jpg

IMG_9953.jpg

IMG_9958.jpg

Comming a long fine Scott.

wind the rear camber adjusters down to the bottom.

You have too much neg on for the ride height.

Pharrk man this project is getting done in Ultrasonic speeds!

You must be one very keen bean with an open chequebook

Lookin nice man goodluck with it all

Looking forward to see the end result next week at the rate your goin

Yea, the project is progressing alitlle quicker then I anticipated.

Im sure the novelty will wear off soon enough , Im trying to get as much done as I can.

Looks Great Man you are doing everything right and proper the first time and taking no shortcuts which is good to see. Keep it up, lookng forewrd to seeing updated pics.

Yea, it been quiet over chrissy, I suppose thats the beauty of a project car, you can always slow done when you need the cash for other things. I have received my reconditioned steering box from baz @ datsport & will have that installed in the next week or so. I will also add a few pics of it once in -* although its not that exciting*.

Nice work Scotty, cars looking great.

I've really enjoyed reading the build up so far, looking foward to seeing more.

This is an awesome looking build up. Loving all the suspension gear. I have the same setup in mine and i can wait to drive it for the first time.

Ok,

So Picture this, I got up this morning thinking, "F@#K I dont feel like going to work today". So I convinced myself that its best to go to work, otherwise the datsun wont get built. I had a ST of a day, and got home to find this in my garage, next to my beloved project:

_MG_3652.jpg

_MG_3655.jpg

_MG_3656.jpg

_MG_3657.jpg

_MG_3659.jpg

Its a custom PWR Radiator with cap & a 16in SPAL Scew blade fan. In the other box, that I have kept closed is a 400X300X76 Intercooler, or should I say, there should of been, but its the wrong size, but this is not a problem for the great guys @ PWR, cause they have posted out the right one, so I should have that next week! This day just gets better and better

Nice mate

My only suggestion please black out your address in the first pic.

I know you need a account to view this section, but I'm very untrusting of the wider community.

good advice there gun. I would hate to see those new bits go missing cos of some %#@! stealing it. Looks awesome man, how good is it when new parts arrive LOL its like christmas morning.

Ta Guys, It should be fixed?

Yea it nice when you get some new stuff, especially when its not christmas

Another Xmas comming next week Scotty

And then another the week after, I think I have found my Engine! An S15 with 11,000kms on the clock. Yes life is grand!

Ok Guys,

The correct intercooler turned up today, and I must say it looks brilliant!

_MG_4582.jpg

_MG_4583.jpg

_MG_4584.jpg

The "PWR" engraving on the side looks great!