• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
autoshotz

Project 510 - 1972 Datsun 1600, SR20DET Conversion

Hey Aaron,

You can have both for $300 plus postage, I have all the brackets & fittings that you will need. Considering the condition of these, im sure you will agree that thats a steal? Let me know if you want detailed photos?

Well not much progress on the datsun (im awaiting a few parts ect) but I did have some spare time to make this

This is my news addition to the household - Cooper Beau Paddy Born Yesterday 23 April 2008 @ 7.30

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Dont worry boys the datsun is still number 1 dont tell my wife I said that!

Jeff is so obsessed!

Congratulations Mate!!! theres another bundle of joy to keep you from your datto!!!

Hope all is well with the mr's and that.

and dont tell me you followed your favourite homebrew for the name ?

Thanks guys, sleep? dont know what that is?

Well I have reached a serious milestone with the project today see Below:

_MG_0806.jpg

_MG_0807.jpg

_MG_0808.jpg

_MG_0809.jpg

_MG_0810.jpg

As you can see I have got mysef a set of Performance Wheels Platinum 16x7 Superlite GTR's they are wrapped in Falken ZE912's I have a set of 195/45R16's on the front and a set of 215/40R16's on the Rear.

I have also go myself a Saas Leather 'octane' steering well that his stuck to my column using a Autotecnica Steering boss Number 439.

I appreciate that it looks abit funny now, but once there is some weight in the front, im sure it will balance out.

PS, sorry about the links, but since the site change I can no longer link direct to the images

It looks great mate!!!

I really enjoyed clicking on all those links to view your MONSTER 650px wide images

This forum runs like a well oiled machine these days

It looks great mate!!!

I really enjoyed clicking on all those links to view your MONSTER 650px wide images

This forum runs like a well oiled machine these days

off forum images can be as big as you like, no one is stoppping him in making them bigger. You'll all appreciate it when I force the use of the wrapper

Jon, you da man

Is there a secret to doing what you just did?? PM me if needed. Most guys seem happy to use imageshack so you might not need to tell them, but let me know what the secret is? pretty please???

Thanks again Jon. I dont mean to be annoying, I just like my images there instead of links

PS sif not say anything about my wheels JON!

dont you just type :

[ img ] www . imagehere . com / image1 . jpg [ /img ]

(without all the gaps) ??

P.s: I freakin LOVE this car!!

How much did they set you back?

As these are the GTR's ( race use only )Shhhhhhh. They were about $1,300 delivered, plus 5 weeks later. You need to purchase them through a dealer or Baz @ datsport as Performance will not sell to the public. The beauty of that is you get spared the lecture from Performance Wheels on the correct use of this particular set of wheels. They say they are only load rated to 364Kg per wheel. This seems very conservative? Mind you if my project grosses more that 1400 kg's im selling it right now!

The tyres where $700 (mates rates) brand new.

Sweet. Thanks for that. Did you get them from Baz?

Roger that! Only way to go! Baz's know's it all! Well so he says!

Hey Derek,

I had to send the front wheels off to Baz to have them machined, we had a very slight clearence issue. This has now been resolved. I have ordered some new front Indicators/parker assemby and side indicator assembles. Also just awaiting a Brake booster & clutch master cyclinder. Once they arrive, the intercooler, radiator and engine will be fitted. I will also run the brake lines at the same time. This should all be done in the new 2-3 weeks (hopefully).

Hey Derek,

I had to send the front wheels off to Baz to have them machined, we had a very slight clearence issue. This has now been resolved. I have ordered some new front Indicators/parker assemby and side indicator assembles. Also just awaiting a Brake booster & clutch master cyclinder. Once they arrive, the intercooler, radiator and engine will be fitted. I will also run the brake lines at the same time. This should all be done in the new 2-3 weeks (hopefully).

Awesome champ. Im still close by so will have to come around and check it out soon.

Thanks for the info regarding the wheels a good mate also has the R32 fronts and rears and was interested in the same wheels.

What offsets did you order +38 front +20 rear?

Cheers

Awesome champ. Im still close by so will have to come around and check it out soon.

Anytime mate, I may need your help to get the engine in!

What offsets did you order +38 front +20 rear?

The fronts are +35 and the rears are +25.

The fronts looked like they missed by about 2 or 3 mill so thats why they needed a bit of machining!

Ok Boys & Girls,

Thanks to who else but Datsport for my lastest improvements to the car, pics should tell the story:

IMG_5585.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5592.jpg

IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5595.jpg

Will be arranging the mounting of the IC & Rad in the next couple of weeks along with the first fitment of the engine!