gun16

How Do I post pictures?

Simple,

1. Find some webspace - You can use sites such as http://www.imageshack.us or your ISP.

2. Upload them to your webspace - See provider for instructions.

3. Link them here - Do this but placing your images location inbetween two 'IMG' 'tags'.

For example when posting a new message or a reply, click 'Img' then paste your img location i.e http://www.domain.com/myimage.jpg then press the 'Img' button again..

Or for places like Imageshack click on Get linking Code from the imageshack website where your image is displayed, to obtain the code to correctly post pictures in here

Too easy!

The board FAQ explains it like this:

Can I post images?

Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode tag.

Meaning, unless you are a sponsor you can not use 'attachments', therofore you must link to a file stored elsewhere.

Post any questions or feel free to test here

(original post by FLY BY)

And/Or as Ausrotary puts it (original post by nicbebbo)...

Step 1:

Navigate to imageshack - http://www.imageshack.us

Then click "browse" so you can browse your PC for the photo that you would like to upload.

13wc.jpg

Step 2:

Select your photo (double click it)

26ib.jpg

Step 3:

Host it! Click "Host it" (highlighted below)

37hl1.jpg

Step 4:

Select your method of hosting. If you highlight the link that i have in the picture below your images will host as the full complete image (not a thumbnail preview). Once you've highlighted the link of the method you want, right click and click copy (or you can just press CTRL+C)

49by.jpg

Step 5:

If you would like to post a THUMBNAIL preview of your picture which people can click on and then be taken to the full view you can use this link. I've included what it would look like below. Go on, click on it

59qp.th.jpg

Step 6:

Post your image in a forum! Below you can see the format needed to post a picture. Ever wondered what that "IMG" button up top is? Well, this is what it's for.. When you've done it, click submit!

61lk.jpg

Hey presto! Hosted BabyRx

71gy.jpg

Hope this helps!

Please note, there is now a physical size limit to images displayed on the page.

My suggestion is to use a URL or thumbnail if you wish to show large images bigger than the limit.

You will receive an error if they image your are trying to post is larger.

as wide as the i-frame / wrapper that the main site uses.

600 from memory?

Please note, there is now a physical size limit to images displayed on the page.

My suggestion is to use a URL or thumbnail if you wish to show large images bigger than the limit.

You will receive an error if they image your are trying to post is larger.

Be good if it worked

unfortunately it says "unable to determine image size" for any picture that i try and upload

sent support a message about enabling php attrib 'allow_url_fopen', this is the prob I think.

I dont think it will work for me either (I have been trying for the last 2 hours), I have my own site and store my own images, I cant see why the need to change the set up of images?? Its not like you guys are hosting the file? Or does it add to the site download quota?

If you can please fix this problem?

I dont think it will work for me either (I have been trying for the last 2 hours), I have my own site and store my own images, I cant see why the need to change the set up of images?? Its not like you guys are hosting the file? Or does it add to the site download quota?

If you can please fix this problem?

wasnt it sumthing to do with sum1 having a winge over images being too big that didnt fit their 17inch lcd ahhahaha

%#@! i reckon its annoying as %#@!, but thats what i think about everything jon has changed on here..

This is not an error or problem.

Images are limited to 650 pixels wide. Over this you will require a thumbnail or text link to an off site download.

Sponsors are not affected as the upload automatically has a thumbnail created.

This allows for the site design/template to remain consistant and functional.

The pictures that I recently posted on my build are 650 pixels wide, but it still tells me that they are not 650. Im sure im not wrong as I deal with photos on a second, minute, hour, day, month, yearly basis!

Hope this can be fixed??

PS I dont think either of you are annoying as f*%#. I just want it fixed, otherwise whats the point in posting pics???

I think you're annoying as f*%#, but hey i can live with it.

dido hahaha

what's she got to do with it?

The pictures that I recently posted on my build are 650 pixels wide, but it still tells me that they are not 650. Im sure im not wrong as I deal with photos on a second, minute, hour, day, month, yearly basis!

aren't you good?

tried 649?

It works, at times.

There seems to be a limit to the amount of images or something.

Take a look here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=552607

I have a test script setup here:

http://www.datnet.org/test.php

This script shows that server CAN infact determine the image sizes.

Happy for one of our tech heads to throw a suggestion in here? (and turning the feature off isn't an option, streched pages look shit and are annoying.)

The script should allow you to insert larger images, and then just resize them with height and width attributes in the generated IMG tag so they appear at 650 width max. You could then right click on the pic and select "view image" to see the full size pic

That way nobody would have to fuck around resizing

The current method is lame IMNSHO

modify the php add in so that instead of giving an error message when you put in a larger pic it just inserts the width=650 attribute instead

or ask the authors of the addin to provide this function

whats the addin called anyway