gun16

How Do I post pictures?

the site is playing up a bit, making it a little harder than usual. I am waiting on software updates to hopefully fix the issues.

hotlink for forums 1 using image tag appears to be the one to use, but as anth has pointed out it is the additional url tags being added that are causing the grief and i can't for the life of me figure out why they are being added!!??

another thing i noticed, if i copy all the text before i click "add reply", then click "add reply", then click "edit post", and re-paste all the text in, then update the post, it works (doesnt wrap url tags around the img's)

that sounded so confusing, ill try to break it down

- make post with %7Boption%7D tags, copy all text before submitting post

- edit post that you just made

- re-paste all text into dialogue box

- submit edited post

- ???

- profit

hope that made sense :wacko:

Hey Dave,

Looks like you worked out how to embed the images in the thread, could you let me know how you did it? I couldnt seem to do it like I use to with my build thread. Any help would be great.

Hope you don't mind, just testing

Deleted the pic, was a bit big, need to upload them as smaller images.

Thanks

Edited by datwoods

Hey Dave,

Looks like you worked out how to embed the images in the thread, could you let me know how you did it?

NOTE: All thru this post, I am inserting extra spaces in the tags I use as examples, otherwise the forum software will treat then as real "tags" rather than displaying the text. Basically, rather than [ url ] or [ img ], you need to take out the space after the first "[" and before the last "]". Hope that made sense.

anyway, here's what I do -

There seems to be some sort of issue with initially posting - the forum software sees a url (ie the url for the picture hosted at photobucket.com, autoshotz.com, etc) and thinks it needs to wrap this in [ url ][ /url ] tags (which stuffs it up). Interestingly, it doesn't seem to this when you edit a post.

So, what I do is post the text I want to post (or just a "." if you only want to post images). Then I edit the post I've just made, and manually enter the image details within [ img ] [ /img ] tags and save the changes. So, your image would be

[ img ] h t t p : / / w w w. a u toshotz.com.au/portals/6/web/img_4657.jpg [ /img ] (again lots of spaces so the forum doesn't try to "interpret" what I really mean) - just take out all extra spaces in the string I just posted and you get this -->

IMG_4657.jpg

Damn, now its not working for me :wallbash:

EDIT: Yes it is - I just wasn't following my own instructions properly :blush:

OK, after playing some more, all you need to do is make you initial post with no images inserted.

Then edit the post, insert images using the "Insert image" button as you normally would, save it, and its all good :sorcerer:

yes

This is f$#king with my head as I can not post photos :wallbash::wallbash:

sorry just testing,

didnt want to clog up threads if i could get it to work

figured it out, daves tip works spot on :)

Edited by JimJam

" "

[ img ] h t t p ://[ IMG ] h t t p ://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt135/BAH510/P1010187.jpg [ /IMG ] [ /img ]

Edited by DOH

P1010187.jpg

Edited by psi510

DOH

pretty much follow what dave said.

this is what i did,

Add reply - just anything

once its posted bottom right is edit post

then insert image, and put in your image location (http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt135/BAH510/P1010187.jpg)

finish with add reply and you get the above image

hope this makes sence?

also found your imageshack links work once you edit your post as well

Edited by JimJam