• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
SX-510

SX-510 SR20DET 510 1800SSS Bluebird Coupe

Hey Jeff

I remember back when i was a wee lad i seen the SX-510 plates rockin the 1600 in the fast fours dvd...then also the first time i seen your coupe in Phillip Island. You were turning right at the round a bout in cowes and i was behind you in the NicoVisions van...all i seen was Big Red Nissan 4 pots and how close they were to the spokes on your rims looked awesome. Nice work!

I've got a question about your brake booster and master. Have you used a 180b small can and 7/8th master before? If so how much better is your current booster and master setup? eg pedal effort etc?

Any help would be great and top work with the datto!!!

I have used that setup, am running it in my 1600 wagon atm (with 200B front struts/brakes and stock rears). Works great!

Have only ever had the 1" on big can 240K booster in the coupe (along with all braided brake hoses), so can't comment how it compares to the smaller combo. You might see some pics floating round showing a 7/8 MC in the coupe, but I never really got to drive it with that on. Pedal in coupe is quite firm on the street with cold pads, but gets quite nice once pads heat up a bit. Looking forward to seeing how pedal works on the circuit at the Goulburn Datnats :-) Should be really nice.

I'm sure Datsport would have some customers sporting the smaller MC/booster combo on 4 spot fronts and R31 rears. Maybe give them a call?

I have used that setup, am running it in my 1600 wagon atm (with 200B front struts/brakes and stock rears). Works great!

Have only ever had the 1" on big can 240K booster in the coupe (along with all braided brake hoses), so can't comment how it compares to the smaller combo. You might see some pics floating round showing a 7/8 MC in the coupe, but I never really got to drive it with that on. Pedal in coupe is quite firm on the street with cold pads, but gets quite nice once pads heat up a bit. Looking forward to seeing how pedal works on the circuit at the Goulburn Datnats :-) Should be really nice.

I'm sure Datsport would have some customers sporting the smaller MC/booster combo on 4 spot fronts and R31 rears. Maybe give them a call?

Thanks Jeff,

Good luck for the nats i wish i was able to come.

I've heard about an adjustment that can be done on the master side of the brake booster. The push rod adjustment?

Have you had to do this and would you know the correct length it should be protruding from the booster?

The way I set mine up was that the push rod just made contact with the MC piston when assembled - think I have about 1-2mm of piston movement when MC>booster nuts done up. Found that any more than that and it becomes difficult, if not impossible to bleed the brakes and get a good pedal.

I wasn't able to get the adjuster undone with my basic tools, so just used the bench grinder and wet/dry paper to trim the rod a tad.