• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
SX-510

SX-510 SR20DET 510 1800SSS Bluebird Coupe

BUT JEFFS IS THE SEXIEST!! .... .....

Followed closely by graeme...

Well I've finally pulled my finger out and got my modded dif flanges welded - by Speed Fab at Bankstown Airport. Thanks must go to PJ for suggesting them and dropping the flanges off. I'm really happy with the results too - awesome welding

BEFORE:

28509582128.jpg

AFTER:

5905070525.jpg

Time for the R33 Nismo clutch LSD to go in, then HKS elec boost controller and back to the strip for a high 11 - or at least a 12.0

why the welding???

Well I've finally pulled my finger out and got my modded dif flanges welded - by Speed Fab at Bankstown Airport. Thanks must go to PJ for suggesting them and dropping the flanges off. I'm really happy with the results too - awesome welding

BEFORE:

28509582128.jpg

AFTER:

5905070525.jpg

Time for the R33 Nismo clutch LSD to go in, then HKS elec boost controller and back to the strip for a high 11 - or at least a 12.0

Looks and sounds nice Whats wrong with a locked r180 but with standard shafts

Thanks Shane. Ask your R180 and standard shafts mate (you might need to speak up if they are to hear you from the Sims scrap metal yard )

If you're wonderin why I'm going to all this trouble (and you couldn't be assed reading back in the thread) it's to try and solve some problems I had on my last run out - which got me to 12.2 at 113.8 on 15PSI.

A. To try and overcome repeated LHS wheelspin I'm getting at 3/4 track in 3rd, most likely due to breakdown of viscous fluid at hi temps - Upgrading LSD from viscous to a mechanical clutch type (that I SCORED for about 200 bux - dude selling thought it was viscous...)

B. Current 3.7 diff has me crossing the finish line in the low 5K RPM region in 4th - Converting to 4.11 - to hopefully work better with the tall 225/50/16 tyres I use on the strip - and raise the finish line RPM to circa 6K

We'll see I guess...

My r180 just got back to me and it said if you weld me up i will not slip in 3rd gear 3/4 track

with an sr maybe drifting with a fj tho BUT you are right.... WE WILL SEE.....

PS looks very nice lots of thought and effort... GO THE DATO..

Cheers mate

I'm hanging to see what your car does after it's 'operation' ...but in the meantime happy to see your avatar

I'm hanging to see what your car does after it's 'operation' ...but in the meantime happy to see your avatar

I 2nd that..

I wonder if an SR can also do that..

Here's A coupla vids from my digicam at WSID on Wed 30 April 08. Some better ones shot from the stand coming soon.

Car ran 11.58 at 122.4 MPH on 18PSI with Nitto 225/50/16 street drag radials.

Burnout - Note - the rev limiter sounds aren't mine - they are coming from the OTHER car in the lane just out of frame...

" width="425" height="344">
" />

11.5 run (my 'pro' cameraman unfortunately missed the launch and 1-2 gear shift) - but you get 2-3 and 3-4 on there.

" />

Mate i was a little worried when that school house green capella was next to you in your 3rd run.. But that thought faded when i saw his 20 sec pass...

I reckon Ben (psi-510) would have blown the doors off him in the Y !!!

( go the historic rego)

Was it the Semi/ hot chips and coke before the last run that gave you that extra edge ??.

Get the F$%ken back out matey !!!

P.S any FJ's stepping up to the plate ??

Have to organise another drag night

SR VS SR

SR VS FJ

FJ VS FJ

CA VS whoever ??

A12 VS Capella

L series exhibition run..

Here's a little SX-510 WSID compilation thrown together with Windows movie maker

" />

Thanks for the camera work (and commentary) fveten Mark

Not sure why the video transitions are so noisy - or why the stills 'feature' audio stuttering under them? Must be something to do with the youtube uploader app I used to compress the file....

Bloody nice work Jeff!! Well done on the 11.5!!

I have just changed from 3.7's which I ran the 11.6 on to 4.11's so will be out in he next month or so to have another attempt...let me know if you go back soon

Bloody nice work Jeff!! Well done on the 11.5!!

I have just changed from 3.7's which I ran the 11.6 on to 4.11's so will be out in he next month or so to have another attempt...let me know if you go back soon

Thanks Phil

With the 4.11 I'm now crossing the line at about 6800 RPM in 4th - smack bang on where I wanted it to be

Good luck with yours! Don't forget to post up in the 'WSID tonight' thread when you are going out!

Some pics from WSID 30/4/08

wsidstreetmeet300408_205.JPG

wsidstreetmeet300408_206.JPG

wsidstreetmeet300408_207.JPG

wsidstreetmeet300408_313.JPG

Love your work jeff,

Unreal time and the photo's look shit hot,

Glad you like it/em dudes

Hopefully I'm providing some inspiration to you blokes to keep working on your cars!

Aymen - Back wheels are a 16 x 8 Watanabe style 2 or 3 piece model by 'Black Racing' in Japan. I only have the 2 unfortunately. Bought em for a song via guess were? ebay.... Figured they'd make good drag wheels - and they did

Am restoring the other gold RS8's (like ludachris has) atm, should be done next month or so. I'm going to put 205/45 on the 7" fronts and 225/40 on the 8" rears - should look a bit slicker than the 195/50 and 225/45 I run on the R32 wheels now. Plus send my speedo even further out of whack than the 411 diff has....

Lovin' the vid Jeff.. Awesome work, beautiful car.. Can't wait to see the RS8's on her..

cheers,

Mark