• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
SX-510

SX-510 SR20DET 510 1800SSS Bluebird Coupe

Thanks Mark

Things have slowed down on the wheel reco - but sped up on the 1600 Wagon project - I nearly have a stroked L20B (again!)

Well, the Zoom magazine is now out to subscribers and soon to hit the shelves.

Here's a sample - enjoy!

sx510zoomup1.jpg

(PS sorry about my dodgy photo-chop join of the front and back halves... they are spread across two pages)

How sweet does that look.

Did they give you any hi-res pics? Would make a great desktop.

looks awesome jeff congrats on the feature. ill have to head down to the newsagent and get a copy.

you should ask them for the print-ready pdf's of the pages of your feature so you can get them blown up and digitally printed somewhere, would look really nice framed :)

i've got a large format digital printer here at work get the pagnations off zoom and i'll print them up for you if you like...

Looks good mate

studio shots are the best - looks real good there Jeff

still checking newsagencys every 2nd day for the mag

WOW.. that look fantastic jeff.. i have been told by my local news agent that it is due out tomorrow.. heres hopein.. cant wait.. congrats on a great car..

Thanks boys :) I'm pretty chuffed about how it came out. PJ did a great job on the article, Jimmy Skouras is a legend on the camera too!

Jim's work (and lighting) was TOO good actually, you can really see the carnage under the paint on the sills..... a hangover from the Japanese '1/2 Day Auto Paint' job it received before I bought it. Oh well, it's not every day I show it to people in a studio... You can also see the poor colour match at the edges of the front apron - which I quickly sprayed (in the rain - whilst running out of paint..) at sunset the day before the shoot... It's the one I bought off you many moons ago sbthomo. I'm looking forward to the day I get to strip it down and fix all the not-quite-right Jap body repairs it currently has hey!

We tried to do the shoot at Oran Park - twice... but each time was cancelled by rain... Pushing a publishing deadline, we were forced into the indoor studio at Express Publications in order to get SOME pics in time for the printers. Luckily the weather cleared up a bit and we were able to get the big skid shots in the afternoon.

credit to you Jeff.... top job...!!!!!!

can't wait to read the article.... I'll keep my eye's pealed

Is it front cover?

why does the zoom mag say 295kw? later in the article it says about 220

I had the same question when I first saw the article.

Turns out 295 is a flywheel kw estimate. HP at the wheels often = kw at flywheel - I think.

My car had 220kW at wheels = 295HP

I had the same question when I first saw the article.

Turns out 295 is a flywheel kw estimate. HP at the wheels often = kw at flywheel - I think.

My car had 220kW at wheels = 295HP

Yep pretty sure they did the same with my article in parts.

just read this on nissansilvia...

Tomorrow July 11 marks the official on-sale date of ZOOM #128 with Jeff Shoesmith’s white ‘SX.510’ P510 Datsun Bluebird SSS Coupe and Rodney Rehayem’s yellow RX-3 on the cover.

ZOOM readers will need to go to www.zoommagazine.com.au to read the missing first several paragraphs of the Jeff Shoesmith cover car story that were hidden during a prepress-stage graphic design change. They should have appeared on the top right-hand-side of page 21.

Jeff’s iconic coupe is backed up by a great shoot of Rodney’s rotor; Jason Caulley of Queensland’s ‘NERVUS’ light blue RB30 LH SL/R Torana that was up at last year’s Jambo; a one-of-a-kind twin-supercharged 392ci V8 black Ford Mustang known as Obsidian SG-One; Trent Hardy’s Newcastle Extreme Auto Team (N.E.A.T.) 11-second, 455rwhp XF Falcon straight six sleeper that was at Powercruise 12; Sam Raunio from the Sunshine Coast’s black ‘20BPP’ N/A 20B Peripheral Port Series-II Mazda RX-7; and Shane Gibson’s black ‘ELMN8R’ 180SX expertly tuned by Adam Neish at Just Engine Management (JEM).

For all those who enjoy hitting the racing circuit on club track days we have a ‘15 Ways to Slash Your Lap Times’ special feature; Martin Donnon helps with preparing your car for Time Attack and tackles the R35 GT-R vs. Porsche result head-on plus we’ve got a tech feature on Boosted Bikes; a step-by-step D.I.Y. electronic shift kit from ShiftKits.com.au; and our Project RACER Street 289 13B Turbo Mazda 808 is up to Part 9, entitled Safety First.

Throw in a jam-packed Powercruise 12 photo feature, a Supernats 07 Flashback plus stacks of ‘At The Track’ drag-racing action and you’ll realize what a good buy ZOOM #128 is. We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we loved putting it together for you.

Greg Conway, Editor

gconway@expresspublications.com.au

post-108-1215656093_thumb.jpg

Once again, good job Jeff.

Unfortunalty imperfections are duplicated under the controlled light of a studio! Not much we can do about that. I thought Jim did a good job :)

To be honest I would of loved to have seen an outdoor (Oran Park) shoot of your car (in its environment), but you cant help the weather.

Good Stuff!

Your car's in there too Scotty! :)

And dont forget Jon's either :) pg 18 ad

Marks pg 52 ad

Got my copy today!! looks great

arhahhaahhaha love the lancer statement just like sx 510 mk 1

oiy gun whens nfj20 come out

"nfj16"

Not sure Champ.

Ryan might know?

He had the shoot the day after i had mine, and my old car came out in May 08

Dissapointed to see no SX510 on the playing cards. Mick made it onto the 4 of spades

Dissapointed to see no SX510 on the playing cards. Mick made it onto the 4 of spades

What cards dood?