• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
SX-510

SX-510 SR20DET 510 1800SSS Bluebird Coupe

Thanks guys, glad you all like it B)

I wanted to hold out till the bodywork was all done, but waiting that long would probably make magazines obsolete.....

Maybe the coupe will end up on a future deck of cards? My car was shot only a coupla months ago - I imagine that the cards were made before then...

where do i get a Triad Industries intercooler? :lol:

I made that line up.... here's hoping I dont get a spray of Ninja stars to the front door hey :mellow:

wonder how people have since searched for "triad intercooler " on the net haha

HEY IG YOU MEAN LIKE THIS

:ph34r: JAPANESE

^_^ CHINESE

:D

wonder how people have since searched for "triad intercooler " on the net haha

check the internet logs from the SX-510 groupie club. :D

I don't need to name names, you now who you are.

PS. Got my copy of Zoom over the weekend and despite all the bagging I hand out (and get back in return I might add) to Jeff his car looks great and is a credit the hard work that went into this vehicle.

While I am being nice thanks to PJ for raising the profile of datsuns within the modded car community, it will help all our resale values no end. If you need any in the build pics let me know ;)

Triad is Chinese...Ninjas are Japanese ;)

Oh yeah, whoops - Now I've potentially upset the Chinese twice - sorry :blush: :blush: :blush:

check the internet logs from the SX-510 groupie club. :D

I don't need to name names, you now who you are.

PS. Got my copy of Zoom over the weekend and despite all the bagging I hand out (and get back in return I might add) to Jeff his car looks great and is a credit the hard work that went into this vehicle.

While I am being nice thanks to PJ for raising the profile of datsuns within the modded car community, it will help all our resale values no end. If you need any in the build pics let me know ;)

Awww stop it your making me blush haha.

They deserve all the credit they get dude!

Top cars, top community :)

Where's the edit button on this forum so I can fix my grammar? Lol

Hey Jeff and PJ the shoot and article was great , i do need to raise something jeff you mentioned the triad intercooler but there was no mention of the george foreman sump , whats the go with that ?

Hey Jeff and PJ the shoot and article was great , i do need to raise something jeff you mentioned the triad intercooler but there was no mention of the george foreman sump , whats the go with that ?

the lean mean, extra oiling machine

:lol:

Well Done Jeff, awesome article and the photo's look great.....congrats on the build and the well deserved front cover of Zoom :D

I cooked two steaks on it on the way to Phillip Island haha....

Jeff that looks awesome dude good work!

hmm better go out there and get this zoom mag before they run out! unless they have already?

Jeff

I am curious what fuse box you have used down there under the dash?

relays.jpg

Looks neat.

Did you just cut and splice into existing wires or did you pull out the terminals and put in new connectors with new wire? Where did you get the connectors if this is the case.

Looks good

Thanx

Pretty sure it was from a Mitsubishi L300 van this time round. Like most, the fuseblock was only part populated with terminals/wires, so I grabbed a bunch of extra ones from another van in the yard to allow me to use ALL fuse holes.

I spliced the wires together, then soldered and heatshrinked each connection. Copper and pins were in perfect condition so didn't see any point looking for new ones.

It's a really good fusebox cos it mounts flat to a panel and uses modern plastic blade fuses - the big ones, not the latest tiny ones. Plus has 3 spare fuses clipped inside the lid.

Pretty sure it was from a Mitsubishi L300 van this time round. Like most, the fuseblock was only part populated with terminals/wires, so I grabbed a bunch of extra ones from another van in the yard to allow me to use ALL fuse holes.

I spliced the wires together, then soldered and heatshrinked each connection. Copper and pins were in perfect condition so didn't see any point looking for new ones.

It's a really good fusebox cos it mounts flat to a panel and uses modern plastic blade fuses - the big ones, not the latest tiny ones. Plus has 3 spare fuses clipped inside the lid.

Yor coupe is the dope man..... when are you going to 'tub the rear ' ???

he couldn't handle tubs

And your quarter mile time is .... Fitzy? ;)

After much searching, I finally found a pair of 5 stud 16 x 7 RS8's in correct offset for the front of the coupe!

The 7's I was going to use up till now would have looked a bit cheesy on the front cos they had almost no dish... But these ones match the 8" rears nicely and 'should' :unsure: fit under the front guards with a few degrees of negative camber applied. Will be running road legal semi's when back on the road - and they don't mind a bit of camber :)

I plan to paint them same gunmetal 2 pak colour as the R32 wheels that were on before, so should retain the appeal of the original look, but with a more historic sort of style.

Here's a dodgy phone-cam pic...

post-153-12529235147098_thumb.jpg