• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
Tag

72 CA18 1600, Project Car

Hi Fellas,

Well here are a few thing that my baby has recived for being so nice. well first off she is now purple, S13 CA18DET, Microtech ltz8, front mount with all aluminum piping, bosch coil, greddy bov, custom aluminum radiator overflow bottel, custom aluminum oil breather can, all speed-flow fittings and hoses, a little bit of turbosmart silicon pipes, 260z front struts and brakes, DatSport Small can booster 7/8 master cylinder, DatSport Steering box support bracket, Changing all bolts to stainless steel button head, Custom 3" dump pipe with 3" lukey exhaust, 2.5lt surge tank with the bosch 044 inline pump with more speed-flow fittings, HKS turbo timer and just had my bumpers and head light surroundings re chrome and now there nice and preaty. Shit load of polishing all the bloody stainless bits Just Making a custom boot to store the battery and the surge tank and pumps.

Soon To Come

DatSport R31 rear disc brake conversion 290mm complete C kit

Koni Adjustable Rear Shocks

More Stainless Steel Bolts

Front Seats ( if any one has any idea what seats fit nice please let me know )

Wind Screen Wiper Motor, If i can find one then the interior

and when i find out how to post pictures i have for you all to have a look at

And thanks to Mev and every one that has helped so far

Cheers Tag

Sounds good mate .... Let see her in some pictures

hi there fella,

well i got off my arse and have some pictures now

oh and i have my koni's so they will be going in on the week end

and some carpet for the interior

and also the boot has been all carpeted now so its time to put in the surge tank and fuel pump in and also the battery

this pic is when i had the intercooler installed and was heading home for the first time

P1000498.jpg

P1000499.jpg

its the fastest my datos been in a long time

P1000502.jpg

under bonnet

P1010540.jpg

P1010541.jpg

from the front with no grill or bumper bars

P1010542.jpg

the boot before i carpeted it

P1010543.jpg

and my interior not much yet

P1010544.jpg

[imghttp://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg40/domtag/P1000501.jpg]

all of thes picture are missing a bit of the right hand side of the photo

Hi there,

thanks for the comments on the car. well i now have a few new items for the datto. so in the under rear of the car i now have.

DATSPORT DKR2600 R31 260mm disc conversion with braided brake hose and SnS plated rotors with rebuilt arms.

DATSPORT ARC1600 adjustable rear cross member.

DATSPORT RDM2000 R200 diff moustache brace

R200 Mechanical LSD 4.375-1 thanks to DATSPORT

koni adjustable.

And a set of lovells springs

i now also have a pair of RX-7 series 6 front seats that will be re trimmed

P1020492-1.jpg

if any one has so ideas of how to mount these seat please email me

i saves the best for last.

a new Garrett GT3071

P1020490.jpg

P1020486-1.jpg

P1020488.jpg

P1020489.jpg

P1020493.jpg

awesome looking CA conversion you have going there.. Should be a really nice 16 once your done with it.

Very nice car mate, coming along great. Love the colour and the engine bay. And i'm very jealous of your rear end gear. Good luck with it.

Hi there fellas

I got some new gear for the datto thanks to Baz and Tracy at DATSPORT like the rear disc brakes and recon arm as well as the new rear cross member and also the R200 lsd and I also have the boot all carpeted so its just waiting for the surge tank to be polished up and put in so I got it in and took a few pictures and thought that I should post them.

Out with the old

Dattosolddiff.jpg

And in with the New.

Dattosnewrearend.jpg

Old and new rear brakes

Dattonewandoldrearbrakes.jpg

Some new springs

Dattonewlovellsspringandoldsprings.jpg

DATSPORT rear cross member

Dattosnewrearcrossmember.jpg

DATSPORT R31 rear disc and arms

Dattosnewreardiscbrakesandarms.jpg

Koni adjustable

Dattosnewrearkonis.jpg

R200 lsd 4.375-1

Dattosnewdiff.jpg

Engine bay now with stainless steel bolts

Engine2.jpg

Boot all carpeted waiting for the surge tank

Dattobootallcarpeted.jpg

Dattocarpetedboot.jpg

Looking good there Tag.

cant see the diff shims in the pic.

may be they are at the top.

Best if they are fitted to the bottom.

looks good mate. can you use stock 1600 half shafts or do they have to be shortened.

Thanx mate, yeah at the moment i will be using the stock half shafts. it doesnt seam to have any problems with travel, but i dont now how long tey will last or how stong they will be.

How good does DS gear look... like seriously.

Coming along and looking good mate, keep the pic's coming.

So since not post posting on this site for quite some time i thought i may do a little up date. Well unfortunately not a great deal has happened since my last post. I now have the gt3071 on a steampipe manifold that we made up then i sent it down to get ceramic coated along with the turbo. Got some 600cc with a turbosmart fuel regulator injectors to help it out, pulled out the butterflys and played around with a die grinder and some flapper wheels. To look after the boost i got a turbosmart hyper gate 48 and i installed a eboost2 that fits nicely in to the drivers side air vent. Ive played around and managed to mount the rx7 seats in place(i thinks they sit just a little bit to high so one day ill cut just a little bit of foam out of them) new hood lining in and also the surge tank and pumps set up. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a SSS grill after a massive ebay bidding war(possibly with one of you fellas). Mounted up the retractable seat bealts and mounted the hand brake on the floor. Set up some 6x9 kicker speackers in the parcel shelf.

So this weekend ill be getting a road tune done and ill be trying to get it all engineered

Well on the net the falcon gt-f does a 12.5 quarter mile so im sure that ill have to open the engine up and forge it. But still i wouldnt have spent $125k to get there like he did