• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
PRO-20T

Snow 2007

Just wondering who has been this season or going this season, where did you go? And was it good?

Im off to NZ (queenstown) on the 6th aug for 7nights with 2 other mates. Never been to NZ so hoping I will have a awesome time providing my left knee holds up. I had a knee reconstruction (ACL) in may 2005 and iv snowboarded for 3 days on it last year.

Fingers crossed and I cant afford to hurt my self and have any time off work.

It's awesome in Queenstown ive been the last 3 years straight.

Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Cordrona are all pretty good. Your going during the best fall times so its should be really good.

The food there is awesome and its real easy to get around.

Have a blast.

Id love to goto NZ for a boarding holiday. (coz i cant afford Japan or Canada)

I was keen to go this year but I scored free accommodation and ski pass for thredbo this year!! WOHOO!!

Let us know how it goes Gaz!

It's awesome in Queenstown ive been the last 3 years straight.

Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Cordrona are all pretty good. Your going during the best fall times so its should be really good.

The food there is awesome and its real easy to get around.

Have a blast.

Yeah Derek im heading to Coronet Peak for the 7 days. We had a option of night skiing at Remarkables but one of my mates didnt want to. Whats the night life like in Qeenstown? any tips on places we should go out to?

Id love to goto NZ for a boarding holiday. (coz i cant afford Japan or Canada)

I was keen to go this year but I scored free accommodation and ski pass for thredbo this year!! WOHOO!!

Let us know how it goes Gaz!

Craigy Japan is on my list to do as well as canada.

Me and PJ were over in Banff canada last year backpacking so I had no money to board plus wasnt sure my knee would hold up. Didnt want to come home in cast

NZ Is great place to ski.

I went to canada and skied big white, silver star and sun peaks at the beginning of the yr.. And going back next yr. cant wait..

Im also Going down to thredbo for a week in august, seems like a good season so far

I'm heading over to perisher next week with a group of about 40 people. Should be a blast. Only going to be on the mountain for about 3 days (Tuesday to Thursday) but oh well, can't complain, some snowboarding is better than no snowboarding!

I'm heading over to perisher next week with a group of about 40 people. Should be a blast. Only going to be on the mountain for about 3 days (Tuesday to Thursday) but oh well, can't complain, some snowboarding is better than no snowboarding!

Ahh... I miss boarding.. I actually learned to board on Coronet Peak, it was my first time

btw, here's a link to a boarding vid, me n a couple of friends made in Austria..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n21nRzD1MA

Ahh... I miss boarding.. I actually learned to board on Coronet Peak, it was my first time

btw, here's a link to a boarding vid, me n a couple of friends made in Austria..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n21nRzD1MA

Those runs look perfect, long and wide....

Was it a hassle holding the camera? I was hoping to get a pair of these

http://www.ripcurl.com/products/gallery ... =&shownew=

But i Rang ripcurl and they said there in no australian release set for these yet. They can be brought in Europe tho.

Id recommend Winnies for your first night, the place is like a furnance (good in winter let me tell ya), real popular and the pizza they do there is the bomb.

When it gets to hot they open the roof for a bit, very cool.

You also have to go street luge its awesome plus the cable car ride up is scenic.

Last but not least try a Bungy Swing hope you like heights

I usually go down to falls creek just over the victoria border, about 9 hours drive from sydney but worth it. Always good snow, and you can stay on the slopes with a few mates in your own apartment for the same price it costs to stay in jindabyne in nsw.

Throw your gear on and board down to the lifts, then board back to the apartment when you are finished, no driving back down to jindabyne.

Great board parks as well, last year they had a short american school bus dug into the snow that you could jump or slide / grind over, cranking tunes out of it to.

Can't beat canada tho.

Was it a hassle holding the camera? I was hoping to get a pair of these

http://www.ripcurl.com/products/gallery ... =&shownew=

But i Rang ripcurl and they said there in no australian release set for these yet. They can be brought in Europe tho.

Something like that would be awesome, although it doesn't give you much freedom of movement..

It was to much of a hassle to hold the camera as long as you remember to keep it straight, it was a Samsung Miniket Weatherproof camera, small flash memory.. Crappy little thing.. It did the trick though, the battery didn't like the sub-zero temps though..

I actually prefer holding the cam freely, as it allows more interesting shots, did you notice me crashing while filming? Ouch.. that hurt..

Remember to keep your eyes on the piste, but visualize the camera image..

Im heading down the snow on Sunday and staying for 5 days. cant wait its pretty good down there apparantly. Im goin to Perisher so if anyone else is going to be there hit me up and we will get on the piss.

Im heading down the snow on Sunday and staying for 5 days. cant wait its pretty good down there apparantly. Im goin to Perisher so if anyone else is going to be there hit me up and we will get on the piss.

PM sent

Just came back from perisher yesterday and F@#k it was awesome... Best i've seen it in 5 years... Plenty of snow and great weather over the weekend... Just watch out for the Police on the way... Got me for 30+

I was in Perisher Boarding on the 14th & 15th of July, It was the 1st time i've been to perisher and it was crazy. I went to Queenstown in September last year and this blew it away, But it was a crap time of the season when i went to NZ they had their last snow fall aweek before we got there. I'm going to Thredbo next month so hopefully the season stay's this good.

Heres a couple of pic's from when last weekend.

Pic from the Top of back Perisher Mtn looking towards Blue cow.

p1010062lm8.jpg

See how fresh the snow is

p1010033kx8.jpg

Got Air

p1010026wg7.jpg

NZ isn't to good at the moment Im spewing. Looks like i follow the shit seasons every year. I was in perisherlast year and it was Farked

mmmm fresh powder.

this year has been a fucking good fall!

ill hopefully be hading down withing the next few weeks. then again after Jamboree when the season ends.

dumped 20cm of fresh powder here in perisher blue last nite. conditions today were awesome. meetin up with Dazzas ute tommorrow.

Hardly managed to meet up... the weather/snow conditions were just too good to do anything but board/ski!!!!

Wednesday morning they didn't even bother groom the slopes at smiggins because of the awesome amount of dry powder dumped overnight - apparently a first for this time of the year!

Just got back a few hours ago... wonder if i can get next week off work so i can go back....

Good to meet ya Matt. Pity it wasn't for longer, but at least I can say I've met some datto freak from sydney way now

damn.... the snow looks good.

this time last year was thin and icy at the top of Perisher then there was a blizzard that shutdown the lifts