• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
gun16

Gun 16

Drove it on the weekend, and was pointing in the right direction.

-Sprout- and I Decided to get arty with the camera(photo credits to the -sprout-), as it hasnt had a bonnet in a long time

**Still hadnt been washed since Aug06 and still kinda shiny in march**

New pics enjoy.

dsc5206aca0.th.jpg

dsc5207avw3.th.jpg

dsc5208apm8.th.jpg

dsc5209awq6.th.jpg

dsc5199ayo4.th.jpg

dsc5200axl2.th.jpg

dsc5202amq2.th.jpg

dsc5204avu6.th.jpg

Cheers

then took these latest pics, same s first page but easier thumbnail viewin

Heres the new pics as promised.

Engine bay still not finished, as need to save for speedlow

newgun2ms5.th.jpg

newgunqh0.th.jpg

newgun10sj2.th.jpg

newgun9es7.th.jpg

newgun3za3.th.jpg

newgun5yz3.th.jpg

newgun6kr5.th.jpg

newgun7gq2.th.jpg

newgun8qx2.th.jpg

gun8xv6.th.jpg

And now we are at present day so let the updates continue

Got my half shafts back yesterday (got them cleaned up new hardy spice unis)

plans for THIS weekend

NISMO 550cc injectors on loan from pete http://plmsdevelopments.com/

and i will hooking up the Z32 afm, putting the NISMO 550s in and clicking my PLMS modded ecu on. Fingers crossed all goes well.

And Stage 3 gun will be...

Stage 3 gun

Datsport V4 Adjustable Rear Crossmember.

R200 VLSD with custom CV shafts.

Depending on dyno figures... TOMEI Poncams 256in/264ex.

Rear Disc Conversion.

Re-chrome bumpers front and rear.

8 pages.... it was 52 on the old forum....

Bet that's a relief man!

Sing out when your ready, and we'll make up a nice page for it on the main site.

sweet ride man. go tha SR POWER. quick question for ya where did you get the remote oil filter bracket and hoses from and approx what did they cost? pm me if ya want

sweet ride man. go tha SR POWER. quick question for ya where did you get the remote oil filter bracket and hoses from and approx what did they cost? pm me if ya want

Hey mate,

The remote oil filter braket and hoses and sandwich plates come as a complete package from our buddies at NEXCENTPP http://wwww.nexcentpp.com

Personally I would never think of going back the ease is fantastic.

Maybe Mark could organise a group buy if there is enough interest, i think usually 5 or more and they might be able to do an even better deal than what i got.

I cant remmeber to be honest how much it was so i dont want to say an un realistic figure but can clearly remember was cheaper than anybody else when i was looking.

I personally went for speedflow fitting however it comes with all the fittings you need, i have a view of possibly braided for the future, but the hose supplied is very good quality and suits my bay.

Hope this helps

yeah thanks for that gun. i will give nexcent a buzz when i get a chance to.

how about it mark? group buy if we can get enough people together?

Hi, just wanted to say that i think you've done an excellent job and it's awesome to see your still looking to improve it.

Congratulations.

sweet ride Derek, are you in Algester by any chance???

Hey mate yeah i live in Parkinson, i remember your car with the clean stock interior from the archived forum.

Do you live close by,

You should definatley come out to the next QPDC meet.

cheers

Hi, just wanted to say that i think you've done an excellent job and it's awesome to see your still looking to improve it.

Congratulations.

Thanks mate

Hey Derek

How goes it mate.

I was just playing with the radiator over the last few days and I was comparing what you did with what Chris has done on his.

You said you only used two hoses on yours. Unlike Chris who has effectively used four hoses.

I am curious how you managed to just get the one hose on the bottom from the radiator to the engine pipe on the driver's side.

Do you happen to have any pics of this?

Lastly you seem to have a hose running straight from the side of the radiator into the bottom of the overflow tank?????

I also noticed another hose running from your overflow bottle to somewhere else in the engine bay????

I hate to be a pain but a desription of your system would be great.

cheers

James

i saw this car a very long time ago and it has come so far from what it once was. you should be proud of it dude, its turned out so nice

i saw this car a very long time ago and it has come so far from what it once was. you should be proud of it dude, its turned out so nice

can we %#@! when i move back to qld

hahhaha

can we f*%# when i move back to qld

hahhaha

Hey mate yeah i live in Parkinson, i remember your car with the clean stock interior from the archived forum.

Do you live close by,

You should definatley come out to the next QPDC meet.

cheers

LOL Im in Parkinson too! Small world! Yes, mine is in a few 1000 bits atm. Yes I will try to get out to your meets.

AND - you should come over and build mine for me! LOL

MOD EDIT PICS REMOVED TO AVOID CONFUSION

derrick your almost in first place for the most hyjacked thread, we should have a monthly award for most hyjacked thread

on topic: interested to know when the turbo comes on boost with the 52 trim?

on topic: interested to know when the turbo comes on boost with the 52 trim?

Hey Nathan, thanks for trying to get it back on topic lol, i dont look over the weekend and this happens.... gees lol

Comes on very early id say around 3000-3500rpm( i have no dials hooked up at the moment...)

I feel its an awesome match for my goals and provides very good repsonse.

Next time i have the laptop hooked up or get my tacho wired up will give a straighter answer

Weekend Update!!!

Success

Pete (PLMS) and MAL (MAD510) are definatley sighing a noise of relief over this one.

Z32 MAFS, 550cc NISMO injectors and PLMS modifed ECU were fitted on the weekend.

The car is going very well.

Still running on low boost except for one boost late last night where the Greddy Profec II decided to stop working and its spiked for a moment... lets say rather high

I am now just running off the actuator so as you all could imagine its not ideal... and wont be driving it again to resolved the boost control issue.

Will do some trouble shooting/process elimination on the controller this week.

Soon as I get my TAX cheque back im off to the DYNO AKA Room of broken dreams.

Stage 2 is drawing nearer to completion now.

Looking forward to the results!

Hey Derek

How goes it mate.

I was just playing with the radiator over the last few days and I was comparing what you did with what Chris has done on his.

You said you only used two hoses on yours. Unlike Chris who has effectively used four hoses.

I am curious how you managed to just get the one hose on the bottom from the radiator to the engine pipe on the driver's side.

Do you happen to have any pics of this?

Lastly you seem to have a hose running straight from the side of the radiator into the bottom of the overflow tank?????

I also noticed another hose running from your overflow bottle to somewhere else in the engine bay????

I hate to be a pain but a desription of your system would be great.

cheers

James

Hey jimmy I used two hoses on the bottom one for the top.

Top hose: Top Hose from Holden Barina SB 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, Mackay Part # CH2179

Bottom Hose: Bottom hose from Holden Barina SB 1.2 Mackay Part # CH2183

Top hose from Toyota Landcruiser FJ45 Gates Part 05-0197

I think this may be the old pics

I think this may be the old pics also

I will take detailed pics of the T piece i'm using and the complete system for you hopefully tonight.

Which should shed some more light on it.

Weekend Update!!!

Success

Pete (PLMS) and MAL (MAD510) are definatley sighing a noise of relief over this one.

Z32 MAFS, 550cc NISMO injectors and PLMS modifed ECU were fitted on the weekend.

The car is going very well.

Ill say it is. Really strong, pulls hard.

The 2871r is a good thing, plenty of response. Thanks for the drive. I wont going praising it too much its only an SR afterall.

2871R rocks - esp at 17 PSI

Told ya it was the injectors