• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
gun16

Gun 16

congrats to gun16 running a 12.87 @ 110.87 mph in the ol dato

Cheers mate, for having never raced before and it being such a stinking hot day im pretty chuffed.

Those 205 Falken ZE326's and 17's are great for being a pussy off the line

My best mph was 114 so all in all im really happy with how the car went

Any idea how much the car weighs dude?

My guess is around the 1000kg but I'm interested to know, so i will go to the weigh bridge one day

Good work Derek - looking very promising!

What were you racing against? an automatic kia carnival?

Good work Derek - looking very promising!

What were you racing against? an automatic kia carnival?

Thanks mate, its no 12.2 but I'm happy

Lol you would think so wouldnt you.

It was a white 95 180sx with the plates "MAN UP" ...... It was the slowest run of the day and my PB so go figure, it supposedly blew a cooler pipe... dont they all dont they all

Below is a link to the video, im on there 3 times, you can see how soft I was launching and how hard NIS.016 launches

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoxgGkXO48

get yourself some toyo proxes and dump the clutch like a needy girlfriend. thats what i do for 1.8 60ft'ers

really good time none the less, u could get a couple more tenths when its not 40deg

get yourself some toyo proxes and dump the clutch like a needy girlfriend. thats what i do for 1.8 60ft'ers

really good time none the less, u could get a couple more tenths when its not 40deg

Cheers mate, thats the plan

Hey guys.

Thanks for sharing the build with me.

Thanks again to the following people.

Emma - I love you baby, thanks for letting me live a dream

Mal - You have had your hand in all facets of the build, the car is a credit to you.

Pete @ PLMS - if you have an SR look no futher

Baz/Tracey @ Datsport - Want handling/fitting stopping call the best in the biz

Deon - I wouldnt trust anyone else cutting my floor and rad support

Chris (Turbovan) - Thanks for your help and awesome ideas

Jeff (SX510) - Thanks also for your encouragement and ideas

QPDC - Thanks guys, im still going to be running the show, thanks for all the fun times

Mick (NIS016) Thanks for the parts your a legend.

And you Datnet, thanks for making me feel welcome, and always encouraging and believing in my dreams and goals.

The End.

P.S Ludachris good luck being the new project car thread whore - i know the title is in safe hands

Hi Derek

Long time no hear from.

I dont see anyoneone rushing to respond to you. Unfortunately people dont post here like they used to. Its a real shame.

Anyways. No im not sure where your car has gone. Last i heard of this car was when someone left something heavy in the boot and somehow it dented the back quarter panel from the inside and you could see the dent from the outside. Maybe they turned hard and it slid around in the boot..

The guy was trying to sell it like that from memory. It was quite some time ago now.

Regards

Jason

Edited by oi_son

Awesome project, love the color of your car.... because its very attractive and glowing... and the working you done on the car is also very good. Thanks for sharing the photos of you project.. You did a great job... Can you please tell me how much this project costs?