• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Ludachris

Dat16 - Sr20de 1971 Datsun 1600 - Now Running! Page 21 For Video!

so wheres this so called paint?

what will you be driving next motorkhana?

UPDATE PLEASE!

Jake

LOL i went to see M2W today, and i got told it will be painted by the end of the month. Thats inside and out, top to bottom.

Because it has taken them so long to paint my car, i am going to cut them a deal.

I will say if they buy me a complete rubbers kit, and install it all including the windows, they can put a fully-sik-hektic-bro Mild2Wild sticker across my back window.

sounds like someone that was suposed to drop some beer around, feels like it was almost two years ago

got ya beer yet brendan im going to be thirsty when i come visit

Faaaaark!! Thanks for reminding me... i guesss ill have to double or tripple the order cos ive had the crane for so long.. i hope you havent needed it..

What brew you want brendan?? or should i ask you psi510 ??

No paint as of yet... this week the first bits of paint should be put down.

I broke my foot earlier this week, so that will put progress on hold momentarily.. BUT it will give me more time to organise other stuff.

Ive got my bumpers being straighten and welded up ready to be chrome dipped which should happen in the next few weeks. They are also straightening and polishing up all my chrome/stainless trim for the body.

And ive got NOS headlight setups L+R, NOS tail lights, a practially brand new perfect condition dash cluster with a speedo in KPH..

All i need for the exterior is some NOS side indicators and some HID headlights...

Hopefully ill get some pics this week of paint progress.....

how did u break your foot???

well as part of our last week of year 12... we had an Army themed day at school, and there was an obstacle course that we were having races and whatnot... and i got a little toooo enthusiastic, and did a commando roll off the top of a big mat thingo and landed on my foot the wrong way.. BUT that didnt stop me from finishing the course, and running all the way back to the start..

so yeh.. my foot is out of action for about 4 weeks...

the foot after i took my shoe off once i got home:

dsc00972mu9.th.jpg

right foot is the broken one btw.. = no accelerator

I thought you told me you broke it at ballet? jokes man, thats to bad but u cant drive= no motorkhana! hope ya foot heals soon mate

SOFT! i drove for 4 weeks with a broken right ankle, in plaster from my toes to my knee

SOFT! i drove for 4 weeks with a broken right ankle, in plaster from my toes to my knee

haha yeh i WOULD drive... but its more the parent wont give me the keys to the car...

I thought you told me you broke it at ballet? jokes man, thats to bad but u cant drive= no motorkhana! hope ya foot heals soon mate

lol you must be jumpin for joy that your not going to get beaten by an amateur in a corolla once again...

pfft i had supension issue!

Are you calling my father a tool? and if so I am blaming my tool because my tool said lets put two main 1000 leaf spings in the rear of the 120y to stiffen up the rear end to match the front springs which then resulted in lots of body roll which then resulted in my open diff making my inside wheel spin whilist trying to turn causing me to be a slow ass on the day.

Caprende?

english is not my best subject plus it aint even english lol

uptade number infinity..

WELL.... believe it or not, paint isnt too far away (still...but i swear its closer this time!).

You all must be sick of me saying paint is near, but not having the money shots of it painted. And dont worry, im sick of not being able to post paint pictures...

I went to see an update on the car (thursday), to see where its at (ohh yeh i drove too!! cast is off after 1.5weeks, so im stoked) and i FINALLY see some progress. They now have a painter who is working purely on my car, until its finished!

A had a chat to the guys and got them to do a few more things to it before it got paint on it, and well... when i went back today, i saw that all the work i asked for had been done, plus more!

The painter that is now on my car, was not happy with how the last guy did the priming.. so what does he do? Rub it all back to fully re-prime himself! Thicker and heavier he says.. That was being done thisarvo.

SO.. after an indepth chat to the painter about what is still to be done, he said it should be painted by the end of this coming week (a guesstimation that SHOULD hold true).

Ive also being sorting out the necessities such as the wiring (see tech to help me.. lol), and the fuel system.

The fuel system now comprises of a; Bosch 044 pump (incl. billet pump bracket, AND a check valve), Fuelab high pressure filter, MR gasket billet low pressure fuel filter and a 1.5L surge tank with -6 and -8 fittings, but I still need to get a low pressure lift/pre/primer pump to fill the surge tank.

Ive got a ridiculously expensive order of speedflow fittings on their way to put it all together and get it nearly finished.

The whole setup will be mounted in the boot on the right side of the spare wheel recess in the floor, and will all be mounted to an aluminium tray that bolts to the floor via some rubber spacers to keep it off the floor, and to keep vibrations to a minimum.

Kinda like this:

dsc01077mediumtf0.jpg

Anyways, here are some picture of the car sittin with its clothes on, ready to be re-primered:

dsc01084mediumms6.jpg

dsc01087mediumel9.jpg

Paint pics to come next week.

Thanks again for all your help when i consistently annoy you with my tech Q's.

Chris

hey mate nice progress where did ya get the speed flow fittings from??

I got them all online, cos no one out here in wagga sells them.

They all came through http://www.furiousperformance.com.au/store/, just purely cos its easy, quick, and all in the one place. Great people too! Always willing to help out when needed.

Cheers

so whens these so called paint pics coming

okay okay stop nagging.

No paint Its my fault though... i ran out of time to do something this week... and so they couldnt put paint on it until i do.

But that is next week. I have 2 exams on monday, then after that i dont have another exam till the monday after.. so i will have plenty of time to do a few things to get this paint done (and study of course).

Just a little something to wet the appetite. Some NOS bits, and the start of my speedflow branded fuel setup lol.

speedflow003mediumgn0.jpg

speedflow006mediumwh5.jpg

speedflow007mediummy7.jpg

speedflow008mediumfc4.jpg

Still to do to finish the fuel setup:

- Buy a lift pump to fill the surge tank

- Cut up the hose to length and fit it all up

- Make a template of the base mounting plate

- Cut base plate out of sheet aluminium

- Mount it all in the boot

Hey Chris

where did you get all those lovely nos bits from?

Headlights and doorhandles came from the states (via ebay), and the tail lights were on ebay not long ago from a seller here in oz.

I would have bought it all of Baz, but i managed to snap up some bargains, and i saved myself a couple of hundred dollars by buying overseas.

And some more things ive been putting back together ready to go on when i get the car back:

parts002smallqc4.jpg

^^ Painted injector rail

parts006smallth4.jpg

^^ Painted MC.. just gotta be careful not to spill brake fluid on it

And i finally bit the bullet and started on the wiring:

parts011smallyq3.jpg

^^ Looks less messy and less daunting when theres no wiring..

parts010smallky6.jpg

^^ But this is the chaotic mess of the wiring loom. For some reason the person that owned it before me decide to make the loom go thru the firewall in 3 separate places Which means, finding out where they go.. labelling the wires, then cutting them so i can get the loom out

There also seems to be sooo many useless wires that didnt join to anything... which is another headache for me to sort out

My worst nightmares are confirmed... this is going to be what holds me back in the long run.

Still sorry there are no paint pics, and your all probably over reading crap excuses, and me posting about crap all.. but it keeps me going.. so meh. say what you wish.

Chris

Lookin good mate, what are you doing for a radiator/cooling? Cant wait to see these paint pics... Srde should be awesome to drive.

Cheers