• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Ludachris

Dat16 - Sr20de 1971 Datsun 1600 - Now Running! Page 21 For Video!

make sure u lable them with sum paper and pen or something like that explaining its exact location and path that wont fade or rub off..

when i pulled my sr out i did this.. then 2 weeks later they faded off damn it and had to guess it all

NOS stuff looks good man will look awesome on the car im sure...

if u want pumps check out ebay u can get em from OS without all the warranty and margins added on

Lookin good mate, what are you doing for a radiator/cooling? Cant wait to see these paint pics... Srde should be awesome to drive.

Cheers

Radiator is standard that has been flushed out and tested etc.

Ill be running a 10" Davies Craig thermo fan on it aswell, just to help regulate the temperature of it.

make sure u lable them with sum paper and pen or something like that explaining its exact location and path that wont fade or rub off..

when i pulled my sr out i did this.. then 2 weeks later they faded off damn it and had to guess it all

NOS stuff looks good man will look awesome on the car im sure...

if u want pumps check out ebay u can get em from OS without all the warranty and margins added on

Yeh ive started to label all the wires with bits of paper. Ill have to make sure theyre under cover, but i dont think its gonna rain lol

Cheers man ill check them pumps.

Chris

Looking great chris, keep the faith and keep pushing

Cheers man. Awesome news about your power figures!! Poor little diff.. hopefully it wont cop tooo much more of a beating

Hopefully i will be seeing some developments in the area of paint tomorrow

But for the mean time. Here is the recent development in the area of SR. Nearly ready to go!

Ive cleaned and tidyied up the intake side of the motor. Lines and pipes re-routed. Brackets removed. Painted bits added.

Tomorrow is changing the plugs, and swapping over the remaining pulleys, and repainting the brackets on the motor in black.

Hopefully ill get some more work done on the MC/Booster, and starting the R31 rear conversion.

Ill finish the coilovers soon too!! Oh btw.. ground control coilovers are coming, and T3 adj. camber plates are also on their way. So once they arrive, ill be able to finish those off.

More pics tomorrow hopefully.

Chris

dsc01113largexc1.jpg

^^^ SR with bits and pieces on.. nearly ready to go.

Update!! Update!! Update!!

I went in to see the car today, and it was in the booth being painted!!! WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!

All the door jambs, boot jambs, beaver panel, engine bay, and front fascia will all be in paint.

Thursday or friday i will be able to get pictures of the painted parts.

But for now, here is my latest progress on the SR.

All lightweight pulleys are on, and all the black brackets have been removed, repainted, and reinstalled.

dsc01117mediumyi2.jpg

dsc01118mediumsq7.jpg

dsc01120mediumdh1.jpg

Me =

icon_e_biggrin.gif

Looks sweet!

Who makes the main pulley it looks different to my GFB one?

Its a GFB item.. however having a quick look at my box, and at the website, i realize i have the 2005 model pulley, whereas yours is the 2006 one. The only difference is the 2nd level is a different circumference afaik.

OMFG! Does it look fully sick wicked chris? man i think im almost as pumped as you woo! bout dam time tho slack m2w if you need any help with the reassemble/SR20 conversion just give us a yell mate any chance to see this baby hehe

Are you coming to the Revfest? If you do go come check out the torana clubs stand dads torana will be there that slug of a Holden!

Hope to see it in the flesh soon.

Jake

lookin good chris cant wait to see some pics of the car finally painted after sooooo many promises looks like you got everything ready to go straight back in.

OMFG! Does it look fully sick wicked chris? man i think im almost as pumped as you woo! bout dam time tho slack m2w if you need any help with the reassemble/SR20 conversion just give us a yell mate any chance to see this baby hehe

Are you coming to the Revfest? If you do go come check out the torana clubs stand dads torana will be there that slug of a Holden!

Hope to see it in the flesh soon.

Jake

I will call on your assistance for sure buddy. Nah i dont think ill be goin to revfest.. too much study to do for HSC.

lookin good chris cant wait to see some pics of the car finally painted after sooooo many promises looks like you got everything ready to go straight back in.

Yes, i do apologise for the promises... but i have learnt one thing: dont trust anyone in a trade

Everything is pretty much ready.. just a few things to finish off..

Motor is pretty much ready, interior is pretty much ready, fuel system nearly ready, suspension and brakes are still yet to be finished, and the rewiring is the biggest thing to go.

They arent the only things... there is alot more to go.. hopefully it will be moving under its own power by the 20th.

that is still my goal.

A few things might be half finished, but if it goes...ill be happy (for the time being).

A few couple more pics of something ive decided to do.

S15 vents in the 1600 mounts, still retain rotatability and now with closable and directional vents

Will give the car a more modern looking interior, and keeps in with my grey and black theme.

dsc01131mediumel1.jpg

dsc01130mediumud0.jpg

PAINT!! PAINT!! PAINT!!

Finally theres paint. Pretty self explanitory...

Just one note... the colour is a little more greeny than what the camera shows.

Pretty stoked with the colour

paint001mediumoc6.jpg

paint002mediumac3.jpg

paint003mediumep7.jpg

paint004mediumph7.jpg

paint005mediumcy4.jpg

paint006mediumqb0.jpg

paint007mediumri3.jpg

paint008mediumkl1.jpg

paint009mediumce0.jpg

paint010mediumrh1.jpg

paint011mediumal0.jpg

Congrats man that looks awesome i really really love the colour looks great in the sun! So when will it completely be painted and it will come home for the Assembly?

Congrats man that looks awesome i really really love the colour looks great in the sun! So when will it completely be painted and it will come home for the Assembly?

Friday i got told by the painter. He's doing the inside of the doors, bonnet, and boot tomorrow, then they get bolted back on, and the whole outside gets painted. Interior/boot will be done in satin black whilst they are at it.

So Friday afternoon it should be sitting in my garage, waiting for the new heart and and whatnot...

Cheers

Chris

lookin good mate. top choice in the color actually suits it well cant wait for the finished pics of it painted.

Looking nice!

What'd you pick the S15 vents up for? I was considering the same path but prices seem to be $50 each - a little rich...

Cheers guys.

The S15 vents really weren't cheap... $100 delivered from sydney area to wagga..

BUT nothing on my car really is cheap any more... (the idea of budget spec 1600 went out ages ago )

They're easy as to mount up as well.

Should be seeing a whole lot more paint later in the week gun.. so be patient.

Paint looks great, well done.

I like the fact that you've taken some initiative and advice with this build, instead of wanting it to be all laid out for you (like alot of people).

Is this going to be your weekend car or daily?

Thanks mate! I took this project on as a huge learning experience, and so far its all going great!

I liked the idea of actually finding out, and developing things for myself, and designing/building something to my own specs.

Everything is just the way i want it. (With the exception to a turbo lol.. damn p plates)

The car is destined to be my daily driver, with the occasional appearance in a show, and the more regular trip to the track.

Pretty much a general purpose car

Show: Paint and general quality/finish of the car

Track: SR20, coilovers, 4spots, rear discs, etc. etc.

Cheers guys

Chris

Awsome colur choice man, will look unreal when put it's all put back together and on the road.

Lookin good man

do those S15 vents fit perfectly in the original holes?

interested to see how they sit!

good luck man