• Announcements

• fly by

Still the original, still the best Nissan Datsun resource   11/02/2017

We set out to establish Datnet in the late '90s to provide the best Nissan-Datsun online resource, we don't plan to ever stray from that. Huge updates site-wide to make your experience the best it can be. Stay around, read, post and enjoy - when your done you can go back to Facebook and 'like' us there too: datnet.org on Facebook
Sign in to follow this  
Ms NIS016

NIS016 1969 Datsun 1600

We thought it was about time we posted some pics of our car.

It has recently undergone a ground up rebuild, which lasted a year. It all started when someone reversed into it in a workshops carpark

The car was originally white with a pretty standard black interior, it is now a House of Kolor Kandy Green, with a re-upholstered interior in Buff suede.

It is an SR20DET with a JHH Street Force Head, running a TriMatic gearbox

It has made 442hp at the wheels on pump fuel, no gas, Mick has only done one pass with this set up, which was at Jamboree Version 2. The car went 10.7 @ 132mph with a slow 60ft, his second and last pass of the event, ended just after the 60ft mark as he broke an axle on launch and we have not been back to race it again yet.

With the axles replaced Mick is keen to get back to the track to see what the car can do.

If it comes to it, Mick will pull the slicks back out and see what it can do on them.

The engine was built by Danny and tuned by Justin, both from Competition Tuning & Performance

We will gradually add more pics of the build process.

post-3189-11995219081248778213.jpg

post-3189-11995215121408110713.jpg

post-3189-11995215111153778623.jpg

post-3189-11995215131664935765.jpg

post-3189-1199521513557456433.jpg

big thumbs up guys yous did a awesome job this time round, the cars looking the best ive ever seen it, and ive been around it for along time now, congrats on the mag cover, im waiting for my copy to arive over here, shouldnt be too long now,

how about that power, throught the auto too, tuff asa nails, and cant wait to see what times it runs, still amazed it broke a shaft on street tires, the setup and auto are really dialed in id guess,

look forward to get back out with yous again when i eventually get back to aus, again congrats on the build,

Thanks Luke

Seems that everything is set up pretty well now, just need some good conditions at the track to do the numbers.

Everyone that has helped one the car has done an awesome job, couldn't be happier.

Always been one of my favorite 1600s, good to see it still gets street use. Congrats on the car guys.

well done mate the rebuild looks the goods will head out and get the mag to have a read

i still have its hot 4s feature sitting here and its a credit to you its come along way after its tragic event....

Best all round Datto in Aus.

Did i mention ive been in at full noise jealous everyone

Once a credit to you both and thanks for the club exposure!

Sweet.. Nice and Green... Ummm... Clean, I mean.. Nice and Clean..

Nice work.. Must be one of the fastest clean dattos in the world..

cant believe i missed this thread! really well built car, runs the times, street driven and a really nice couple

Guys i just dropped some stuff down at QLD chrome and saw that photo collage you made for him, that was awesome.

Great car mate, Keep an update on future times down the quarter mile, 10.7 is awsome.

awesome car man. i also love that photo of you smokin em up. i love our engine bay and setup. i would love to have that in my 1600

Great car mate, Keep an update on future times down the quarter mile, 10.7 is awsome.

Thanks mate, the car actually ran 10.60 @ 127mph on Thursday night at Willowbank, so really happy with that. That was street tyres, driven to and from the track

Will get more out of it yet, was racing with out a tacho the other night and a few other little issues to sort, just wanted to get a few runs on the board before mini jam.

Thanks for all the positive comments

Mike - Brian does an awesome job, you wont be dissappointed with his work.

this car looks unreal in the Fast fours poster.. gotta find somewhere safe to stick it up. The new FF has some good datto pics in it. I think Micecz and GUN16 got a start in it too.

Damn that's hot.

What wheels are they, and what size?

Enkei I assume?

this car looks unreal in the Fast fours poster.. gotta find somewhere safe to stick it up. The new FF has some good datto pics in it. I think Micecz and GUN16 got a start in it too.

Classic Jap and Jambo 17 coverage yeouuuh!! Erics Bluebird as well so in good company

beautiful car guys its a credit to you... kudos for, in my opinion, the best enigine bay you will find anywhere

looking good as always

the rear guards don't look as massive now as it did when it was white

Thanks for the comments guys...

Update - the car has run 10.400, was a couple of month ago at MiniJam at Willowbank. Mick ran a 10.400 on a 10.40 dial in ;)

He ended up winning Super Mod class at the event. Mick was running on slicks and pump fuel.

Here is a link to the video, there are a few other videos on YouTube aswell.

Mick has a few more things ready to do to the car, so hopefully he can drop this time soon :)

Your car is now my wallpaper B)

That is one of the toughest Datsun's going around. Absolutely love the colour, the wheels and the go to mtach it all. Congratulations.

On behalf of the Entire Qld Performance Datsun Club we congratulate youself and kell today on the new PB.

10.16 @ 133mph

Full street trim

Well done !!